TISS HRMLR PIT-PI Experiences (2013-15)

84 Posts  ·  120 Users
About this group
Please share your PIT-PI experiences here. Date/Slot:TISSNET Score: Essay topic: Interview experience:
Page 1 of 9
@visionIIM-ACL sirjee please close this post too and thanks for the like slowly and steadily karma scores are increasingmg but splati look upon the day jab shashank the doc jitna karma scores ho🎂
anyways jale pe zyada namak nahi chidukunga hope to see u soon in person at some pg city meet or AIPGMmgmg
constant dripping hollows out a stone
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Kindly close this thread the PIT and PI is long over for TISS

constant dripping hollows out a stone
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wen will the final results ie..waitlist to final selection be declared ? any idea? as I hav just got 1 mail saying waitlisted ..without any waitlist number

2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys who have converted /been waitlisted for TISS- HRM & LR Batch (2013-2015) are requested to join the Facebook group for the batch.Kindly ignore this message ,if you are already there .mg

Link to FB group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153199891517655/

M.A in HRM & LR at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (2013-2015)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Posting my PIT-PI experience here for the benefit of future aspirants.

Date of PIT/PI: 14th March

Acads: Decent. Graduation from Symbiosis Center for Management Studies

Work-Ex: 17 months in a Travel Start-up

TISS-NET 2013 score: 87

Extra Curriculars: Debating, MUNs, Music

Any other noteworthy points in your form/CV/profile: Worked on a research paper on HR in the tourism industry

PIT & PI Experience:

PIT topic: Wage differentials across different sectors and locations

PI: The three memeber panel consisted of the legendary ZRM Sir (P1), one very sweet lady (P2) and another old South Indian gentleman (P3)

Here I'm just writing what the panelists asked my as my answers were very "gyaan-ish/global" in nature and would lead to very insipid reading.

P3: Tell us about yourself in brief and why you want to come to TISS

P3: Tell us about this research paper you published

P2: What kinds of statistical tools did you use here?

P3: What were the findings of your research study?

P2: Can you do a SWOT analysis of the sector and tell me?

P3: What can be done to preserve and promote our heritage through tourism?

P3: You didn't understand me, what can be done at the grassroot level?

P3: Do you think local communities need to be involved in the process? What can be done to better the situation?

P3: Okay, Thank you very much.

Any other observation that you want to share with us

I came out confused because of two things. One was that it ended pretty quickly, which I came to know was the case for most candidates that day, so I hope that won't be a problem. The second problem was that ZRM Sir asked me absolutely nothing, I read his research paper on Transformational Leadership and Karma Yoga the night before and was gearing up to have a rich debate on it with him. But it just didn't come up 😞

The seniors ran the show with warmth and patience. The campus overwhelmed me, going to the canteen and seeing that its actually kind of a co-operative run by Marathi women, seeing the notice boards... its the smallest things that make TISS a very very special place. The 59 seniors are blessed to have the oppotunity to call such a place home,

May the best 61 make it! See you on the other side of April 12th 😃

Final Verdict: Not Selected 169/225 (87+34+48)

IMT-Ghaziabad PGDM-FT (2013-15)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Announcement: The results for admissions to MA programmes will be announced on 24th April, 2013. Candidates will receive an email after 7:00 pm with a link to their score card. If the email does not reach you by April 24th morning, please call the helpline 022-25525252 or write to pgadmission@tiss.edu

*I think there's a mistake here, should be 25th morning.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Best of luck to everyone waiting for the 24th of April, 7:00PM.

TISS is BLISS 👼
4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@blogger2mba

@himanoj1982

Does the general seats (31 of them) reserved only for the general candidates or for ppl with reservation too?

Only general....

Manoj Kumar, MA - HRM & LR, Class of 2014, TISS - Mumbai
7 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@himanoj1982

Does the general seats (31 of them) reserved only for the general candidates or for ppl with reservation too?

Celebrate Life @ www.sunilspeaks.me
2 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Name: Kumar Saurabh

Date of PIT/PI: 14 march

Profile: 24 months experience with PSB

Acads;

Class 10- 84 (icse)
Class 12- 73 (bihar inter council)
B. Com- 64 (patna university)

TISS-NET 2013 score: 87 (Gen)

Other Calls: None

Extra Curricular Activities: Played cricket at District level in Bihar

Any other noteworthy points in your form/CV/profile: None

PIT & PI Experience:
PIT topic: Role of B-schools in producing truly global leaders.

PI: My panel had a lady (Lright) and two gentlemen (Gleft, Gmiddle)

Gmid: So ur name is Kumar... Saurabh... what is ur first name ??

Me: told that saurabh is my surname
Lright: Yes ppl in Bihar & UP do have such names.

Gmid: Plz Introduce urself
Me: Talked about my place of birth, job, brief stint at IIFT, interest, strengths, weakness etc. Was not interrupted :-)

Gmid: Why don't u go for a General MBA. He tried to pursuade me by citing Chanda Kochhar et al.
Me: I talked about how after joining my bank I had witnessed Hr policy play the crucial role in motiviating/demotivating employees.

Gmid: The possibilities of becoming a ceo in these companies would be high if u do Gen MBA.
Me: Persisted with my stand and defended it to the core

Gleft: All the while he is looking amusingly at me. Lright takes on from here..

Lright: Who is ur current CMD ( never expected this question )
Me: told

Lright: the one previous to him
Me: Told

Lright: I heard that he brought about a lot of changes in ur Bank. is that right? How did he make the changes
Me: talked about various change-initiatives taken during his time.

Lright: Can u talk about a few HR policies that u would like to change in ur org.
Me: talked about Transfer/posting policy, transparency in job/assignment allocation, performance evaluation...

Gmid: U can leave ur bank in that case and join some other pvt bank.
Me: Different banks have different work culture and different hr issues. I told him that his ex of icici bank was not a good option. Told him about the primacy of my bank and the opportunities of growth offered here.

Lright: Any suggestion on performance evaluation in ur org
Me : 360 degree feedback

Lright: See. that u know would be extremely difficult in implementing. Any alternative
Me: took some time and then told that we can have a system in which at the time of drawing our KRA we can mention the way in which we were assisted by our senior and send a copy to circle HR head. He would on the basis of the remarks award points.

All three in unison: Thank u saurabh
Me: Thank u ma'm thank u sir 😃 (bit surprised at the abrupt end to my interview)
Wished them a nice day ahead

Had not read too extensively on Performance Management aspect of HR.
Given the extremely short batch size, its very difficult to understand what will happen.
Keeping my fingers crossed V

Any comment on the interview would b appreciated

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...