TISS GDPI thread for GLOBALIZATION & LABOR

28 Posts  ·  106 Users
About this group
Hello Frnds :: , lets get to know each other and some idea on the programme.Seniors with due respect :: are requested to help us for further preparations and general overview on the programme.Lets introduce starting with the following:TISS-...
Page 1 of 3

Hi, while filling TISSNET form, I had by mistake filled Karnataka as my domicile instead of Madhya Pradesh. Can anything be done now?

CAT 2017: 97.00 percentile NMAT 2017: 215, Converts: NMIMS Mumbai, IMT Ghaziabad, IIM Bodh Gaya and IIM Sirmaur
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hellow , Can any senior here please help me , I have some queries,  please  

2 comments
JayD02
@JayD02  ·  4 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what is the expected cut off this year for globalisation and labour?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IIFM Bhopal or TISS GL..

please reply as I have to pay fees for GL within few days.

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
AlekhKumar
@AlekhKumar  ·  2 karma

I've a FMS (IM) BHU call too?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
jfhgk_123
@jfhgk_123  ·  1 karma

During the interview i met few people and they gave very positve outlook about the course. Apart from brand TISS, GL is also part of ILO and BRICS institute.You will get international exposure as well. I would prefer GL>BHU.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Tiss GL or IMT Nagpur?

~Nik
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello friends,

does TISS conducts placements for globalisation and labour...if yes then what is the avg package...???
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
vivekverma00700
@vivekverma00700  ·  0 karma

what is the avg package ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dumbo007
@dumbo007  ·  0 karma

there are placements for the GL and Lb i confirmed from tiss 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi isnt there an fb page for this year's globalisation converts yet?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is there any senior of GL in this thread ?? what are the expected dates for gdpi ? i have call of GL on 83 marks, please shed some light on the course and its admission process.
thanks

another curious case of an MBA :|
2 comments
Sandra22
@Sandra22  ·  2 karma

Hi Rahul,

It's a new and challenging course. Deals with labour sector on a broad perspective. Clearly not a  management course. Since major labour force is informal in India (93%), there is a great emphasis on trade union study. There's a central placement at TISS, which is helpful but not a complete guarantee for placement.

Also it's very important to know what you're looking for in your masters.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Sandra22
@Sandra22  ·  2 karma

Hope this helps

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
UPDATE FOR GL ASPIRANTS :
I had a conversation with a current GL student and he was quite kind in clearing up the whole situation :
1) Its an academic course intended for those are willing to serve the society , address labour issues , willing to work for trade unions , upliftment of people working in unorganized sector etc .

Having said that , it doesn't mean that GL students don't get placements , they do get average placements ( 30-35 k per month shouldn't be difficult ) . So , those who are semi motivated and only monetarily inspired should not join this. Also from this year a placement cell for GL is being formed . The scope for involvement varies from NGOs , govt schemes and even ILO , WTO etc .

2) There is ample practical exposure .As TISS is a part of the Global labour university , its students do have international student exchange programs .He said 4-5 students of his batch are going to Germany and Brazil for internships .

3) The faculty is well renowned and erudite .
2 likes1 comment
manishparmar256
@manishparmar256  ·  12 karma

Hi warun, can i contact you any way.i given interviews this year and think that i will be selected.i need to make a call.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...