TISS 2010-2012 - Development Studies and Others

91 Posts  ·  50 Users
About this group
The thread for resources for the candidates appearing for the TISS 2010 Admissions - Specifically for Development Studies, Media, Globalisation and Labour and others. Independent threads available for SE, SW and HRM... ::
Page 1 of 10

Hello,

I have done engineering from Mumbai University. Our degree certificate come on the basis on how we have done in our final year.

I wondered about the eligiblity criteria of the graduation. They say it is 50% in graduation. Is it 50% in the final year ? or the cumulative percentage of all semesters put together?

I would like to do social entrepreneurship in TISS next year. Is the academics criteria important for admission. I have m ore than 3.5 years of experience.

Please guide me in this.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi frndzzzz

kar.anup and coconut.oyle

I am looking for GL course .... can u tell me how actually did u prepare for it ... then whats the future after doing this course ... I mean any organization , institution, corporate or as a consultant to Govt ....blah blah ...

guide me thru 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Whew - Logging on after almost a year....:drinking:
Yeah - I am currently studying in the GLA course.
Well - what can I say - I am a little under-whelmed. I had expected it to be of a broader scope and more versatile than what I found it to be.
It is definitely an academic line and not really for people who wish to crash into the job market right after the degree.
The course could be aptly termed as 'Labour Studies' and that is how I think it can be best viewed. For people who wish to enter and write academic papers on international labour economics, labour sociology and related fields - it is an ideal course.
Hope this helps...

Cheers...:cheerio:

1 comment
theshowmustgoon
@theshowmustgoon  ·  0 karma

GLA..are u referring to development studies?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is this thread dead...i am in need of help...:|

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey hi
Buttercob here...
I have been shortlisted for MA in Globalization n Labour
my score - 62.5

can seniors pls help
1.What kinda course it is
2.what is the scope
3.what are the qualities required to be successful in this feild

I am a Fresher
Bcom Grad. From NM
pls help

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well...After a lot of thought (and a long leave...) I finally joined in for the Globalisation and Labour course at TISS, Mumbai.
As far as I came to know the GL waitlist moved till 5 and the DS till 7.
In addition - Most of the ppl who got through DS have an Economics back-ground.
If anybody knows any further - do update.

From what I could see, the single most toughest thing in the admission procedure for TISS(apart from the waiting!!!) is finding accommodation. There is no hostel for first year students and the area surrounding the college is fairly expensive. Hopefully the college would have that sorted out in the coming yrs.
Cheers and thanks to everyone...

FINAL STATUS
Converts - TISS-GL, XIMB, XIME.....
Rejects - XLRI-BM, TISS-DS, IIFT (didnt attend interview)
No Calls - IIMs, FMS

"...And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Folks, I am in waitlist 2 for the Globalization and Labour Course in the General Category. What are the chances that this would get converted?
Any of you guys planning to drop out of the GL course do let us know.

Congrats to all who have managed to convert their calls.

Ain't no mountain high enough!!:):)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Didnt get through DS...
But have got through GLA......Still deciding...:drinking:

Same here dude..

and my pathetic story.. I got 58 /100 in written and 5/70 in interview,, my interview was very good,, as i posted my expreience,, but 5 is just too less,, when i see everyone getting atleast a 40 ...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Didnt get through DS...
But have got through GLA......Still deciding...:drinking:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

congratulations to all those who got selected(in advance)..:drinking:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...