TIPS for CAT 14 aspirants.

115 Posts  ·  926 Users
About this group
Hey guys this is my first post here.I joined this forum to connect with other CAT aspirants and also use it as a platform to discuss about any CAT related queries.I plan on studying from the start of the next month but honestly don't have a pr...
Page 1 of 12

is a sales profile considered petty in terms of work experience for doing mba? I am a BBA grad in marketing, with advertising and branding being my major subjects, I have worked in TOI in their response dept, which essentially deals with selling ad sales. this mainly includes client communication and negotiation. I want to be part of a decent advertising firm and work as an accounts supervisor. is my work ex irrelevant? please help!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

1 comment
sanoob
@sanoob  ·  68 karma

Sales profile is the best profile.  I can't understand why people have a pity feeling for it. Sales is a field where you can survive only if you have the skill And it's a born talent.  The art of convincing.  There is nothing wrong in that.  I've worked in it sales and it's the best job I've ever done....  Go ahead 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm a 2015 aspirant. I just wanted to know if anyone has T.I.M.E material. It would be really helpful as i cannot afford the classes.

Dammit.FML.
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
mon1
@mon1  ·  0 karma

Hyderabad.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
raeez2
@raeez2  ·  0 karma

I have to check whether I have all of them. But some will be full of tick marks, and others. If interested, ping me, I'll check the material. 

Hyderabad.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

College suggestion for 84.82 cat %ile. Preferably marketing and delhi/NCR.

Godot will come tomorrow.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys can anyone tell me how to select a good B-school beacuse i think its imp to make a list of good B-schools

1 comment
sanoob
@sanoob  ·  68 karma

Just tell me your score and area of interest. If you would like to study in kerala. Have a look at this

http://sanoobsidiq.com/blog/top-mba-colleges-in-kerala

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

puys! since the normalisation factor's impact will be very less this time.. I feel like i am comfortable in va/lr. Attempting 40+ questiions with 80%accuracy is a good to go. or should I reduce my attempts to increase accuracy.? moreover my scores r like QA-15Attempts/13 correct VA/LR-40attempts/26-30 correct.. how much percentile I can expect if the same happens in real CAT.??

mission IIM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys!! What should we focus on apart from the mock test  in the last few days ??

1 comment
d_bh
@d_bh  ·  0 karma

You should focus only on giving mocks,analysing them and revising the concepts.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

After  taking good number of mocks 

Qa/di- 16-18 correct answers

Va/lr- 25-30 correct answers

How much percentile can I expect if I score the same in CAT-14?

mission IIM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Identify easy, average and typical questions

The paper of CAT is set in a very smart way. It is the technique of students that how they identify easy, average and typical questions of the paper. There are many questions that can be answered by solving up to two or three steps. These questions always raise your percentile and saves times for other questions that are typical. If you have analyzed difficult questions then don't just waste your precious time on them, leave them and move to the other questions. When you are sure that you have completed all these questions then it is a good time to solve difficult questions. Also your raised confidence will help you to solve them easily.

Apply different methods

As there may be some situations where you will not be able to solve problems by your learnt method. So don't just stick to a single method, try all the methods you can apply for the question. Few questions are not method based so for then use hit and trail method to crack them. Applying all possible methods will raise your chances of solving any problem.

Optimize your time

I am not joking but problems of CAT exam is not that much tough. If you spend some time on them, you will easily find their solution. So what is the key ingredient that creates so much difference in your percentile and toppers percentile. It is your optimization of time. You will be given specific time for doing complete test and how you use your time? How quickly you solve problems is all what we call CAT EXAM?

Elimination of odd choices

Sometimes we find stupid options for few problems. These stupid options are kept there to waste your time because you will think about them for few seconds surely. Try to be mature (Not over mature) in the exam. You should be at least this much smart that you don't waste your time in thinking about these options. As you find these options in the problem, just eliminate them and start focusing on the rest ones.

Use shortcuts

You should memorize all the general and shortcut formulas of mathematics so that you can quickly answer any question by using them. With shortcuts you can save lots of you precious time.

http://careersplay.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To all those ambitious people who are willing to get into the best of institutes, how about having an internship from the biggest FMCG company in India on your CV, so that your candidature stands out and you step inside the institution of your dreams !

Well Yes! That's possible!

Ambi Pur(P&G) is hiring marketing interns for their brand advocacy project starting in september'14. It's an online marketing internship(and you don't have to get likes and shares :p).

You get a certificate from P&G and performance based experiential rewards (Top performers in the last batch got a fully sponsored trip to Mumbai to meet P&G's marketing director!! YES they did !!)

Duration of the internship is one month & it won't hinder your CAT preparation - It is that simple!

If you are interested, follow the 2 step procedure:-

1) Text/Whatsapp me your name, number and email Id

2) Go to www.hawabadaldo.com > click apply now > fill the form > Write D8-770 as advocate code > submit.

Saurabh Jain

Ph: 9999149769

PS- I am currently an intern at P&G.

CAT - 99.28(GEN) Calls - IIM A, I, S, 6New, FMS, MDI.. Converted - FMS, MDI, 6 New IIMs..
1 comment
shreeparna
@shreeparna  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi can anyone tell some online courses which would be beneficial for us before entering into a business school like marketing or finance course?

1 comment
Catgurus1
@Catgurus1  ·  0 karma

Check out some of them at coursera.org they are good

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...