Time speed distance

6 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
Can ne1 plz solve this for me ??? Two trains CMail and BMail start at the same time from Calcutta and Bombay resp. towards each other. After passing each other, they take 12hrs and 3hrs to reach bombay and calcutta resp. If the CMail is movin...
Page 1 of 1
pvs
@pvs  ·  0 karma

thnx a lot guys for the quick response.....

yes vinit.... i wil take of the "RULES" nxt time !!

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Can ne1 plz solve this for me ???

Two trains CMail and BMail start at the same time from Calcutta and Bombay resp. towards each other. After passing each other, they take 12hrs and 3hrs to reach bombay and calcutta resp. If the CMail is moving at 48kmph find the speed of BMail.

Thanks.
PVS

Its ... 48 *(12/3)^1/2 =96 kmph Y have u opened a new thread 4 a single question .....?Post ur querries at the relevant threads .In case donno the rules of this thread kindly know that b4 makin any further post.

Two trains CMail and BMail start at the same time from Calcutta and Bombay resp. towards each other. After passing each other, they take 12hrs and 3hrs to reach bombay and calcutta resp. If the CMail is moving at 48kmph find the speed of BMail.

Thanks.
PVS

hi,
This can be solved with a formula:
speed of 1st/speed of 2nd=sqrtof3/sqrtof12

speed of bmail=48*2=96..ans
before the thread gets locked ..let me give it a try

speed of cmail/speed of bmail=sqrt 3/sqrt 12

speed of bmail=48*2=96

Ans.:96

If i wer not to use the formula then....
The dist Cmail covers in 3hrs , Bmail covers in t hrs.
The dist Bmail covers in 12hrs , Cmail covers in t hrs.
so, t^2= 36 => t=6
so speed of Bmail = 2*Cmail= 96.

Thanks.
PVS

before the thread gets locked ..let me give it a try

speed of cmail/speed of bmail=sqrt 3/sqrt 12

speed of bmail=48*2=96
pvs
@pvs  ·  0 karma

Thanks.
PVS