Time Scale for GMAT

6 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi Friends, Im not sure if this idea is original but I made up this time scale to keep pace during a Full Length Practice Test. Found it really helpful - not very difficult to remember. Tme Qs completed Min Left, Quant, Verbal 7...
Page 1 of 1

Hi Everybody!
Just to be part of the grouppp!!!
Good luck

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am getting more and more convinced (Internet Forums + 1 GMATPrep + 1 PowerPrep) that its not about getting the 1st few qs right but getting the longest possible string of questions right and avoiding strings of mistakes.

There are hordes of discussions on this possible aspect of scoring in GMAT, on the internet. Just go to Google and search for "gmat string questions" in one go.

If you are convinced about this theory then keep in mind that you should not guess on a string of questions as you may get them all wrong.

Adios

Parag

********** Fighting well wins the Battle. Strategy wins the Was ***************

Well i also had some querries.. I know that first few question in GMAT are critcal u got to get them right..it works diff for diff people...:)

But does anyone know how many questions are critical say 6 or 8.. whats the time one has devot.. say by avg.. few mins give and take..
and how much can it affect ur scores if u do wrong a first few( say 3) and then get almost 95% accuracy in quant and 80% accuracy in verbal...

probably one whose give gmat recently can throw some light on this issue..
well i m asking about real gmat or powerprep.. not arco, kaplan, princeton ..or any other CATs...

Hi Catalytic,

Answers to your qs.

1) hmmm.... can u explain how can i be left with 7.4 or 8.2 question ???????

Not Left with but completed 7.4 means > 7, 8.2 means >8.

2) can u explain how u arrived at the time scale so everyone can come up with their own according to their strengths and weakness

Its just 75/37 & 41. + some simple logic derived from the Kaplan Practice Tests on CD. Let me know if you need the details.
Anthing more complicated during the GMAT will defeat the purpose.

3) u could have posted this on existing threads ...

Could not find any matching thread. If you can suggest some then I can repost it there.

Adios

Parag

Hi Friends,

Im not sure if this idea is original but I made up this time scale to keep pace during a Full Length Practice Test.

Found it really helpful - not very difficult to remember.

Tme Qs completed
Min Left, Quant, Verbal
75, 0, 0
60, 7.4, 8.2
45, 14.8, 16.4
30, 22.2, 24.6
15, 29.6, 32.8
10, 32.1, 35.5

It helps both ways - to keep a check througout the test
a. if you are overspending time
b. if you have got a tough one and see that you are bit ahead of the no of qs you should have been thru. So you know you can spend some extra time.

May be it starts coming naturally after you have taken a few tests but initially it looks really helpful as these are the only figures which are on the screen and at that moment doing mental calcs about qs/time is the last thing you should be doing.

Looking forward to comments.

Bye

Parag

1) hmmm.... can u explain how can i be left with 7.4 or 8.2 question ???????

2) can u explain how u arrived at the time scale so everyone can come up with their own according to their strengths and weakness

3) u could have posted this on existing threads ...

Hi Friends,

Im not sure if this idea is original but I made up this time scale to keep pace during a Full Length Practice Test.

Found it really helpful - not very difficult to remember.

Tme Qs completed
Min Left, Quant, Verbal
75, 0, 0
60, 7.4, 8.2
45, 14.8, 16.4
30, 22.2, 24.6
15, 29.6, 32.8
10, 32.1, 35.5

It helps both ways - to keep a check througout the test
a. if you are overspending time
b. if you have got a tough one and see that you are bit ahead of the no of qs you should have been thru. So you know you can spend some extra time.

May be it starts coming naturally after you have taken a few tests but initially it looks really helpful as these are the only figures which are on the screen and at that moment doing mental calcs about qs/time is the last thing you should be doing.

Looking forward to comments.

Bye

Parag