TIME Mock XAT on 9th DEC!!!

31 Posts  ·  19 Users
About this group
I am opening this thread to apprise all the Puys of an *All-India Mock XAT to be held on 9th DEC by TIME!!!* AFAIK, Non-TIME students who want to take this test should contact their nearest TIME offices (whose numbers u can get from the TIME ...
Page 1 of 4

ya it does not give the correct picture but neither does the cut off projected by Time.Since Amit is rank 2 so topper will be having score of 75 odd and it means that no one cleared cutoff for even XIMB:wow: :wow:

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

My percentile is 99.51 and AIR-11. So just 2000 odd ppl took this test. As TIME as well as amit said, this is not at all the true picture.

My score 64.67
AIR-11
CR-1

guys,

result out. with this message

Very few students wrote Mock XAT because of JMET & NMAT the next day. As such, the cut-offs based on the performance of the remaining students does not give a true indication of what the actual cut-off in a paper like this could turn out to be.

Many students with better preparation, who did not take the test, would have scored more marks in this paper and the cut-offs would be significantly different in that case. Since, the present cut-offs are not a true indication, we are not putting up cut-offs for this paper because they would not give a accurate picture.

My score 71.67
AIR 2
City 1

but as already said by TIME , this is NOT the true picture

Is the 24th Mock XAT open for non-TIME students?
Does IMS have and SimXAT?

U all getting around 50-60 marks and they say: Overall cutoff: 85+ for XL and 80+ for XIMB :wow: How come this? Marks alloted per question were doubled or something?

My scores-
VA- 18
QA-17
DI- 33
Net- 68

My scores

VA-18
QA-15
DI-32

Total-65

Thought that i did reasonably well as there was hardly any study in last three weeks.But after seeing time analysis i realised that i have become mentally retarded in these three weeks.Guess CAT took a real heavy toll on me

Guys here's the funniest & the crappiest analysis of the year
All India Mock XAT Analysis
AIMXAT 1 is patterned on last year's XAT paper. The pattern changed 2 years back and is expected to remain unchanged this year too. In case there are changes in the kinds of questions asked and new varieties of questions are introduced, the standard advice holds: Go through all the questions and attempt the ones you can.
DI + DS + Reasoning
The sets on DI were straightforward and did not have the strong reasoning component that one is used to seeing in CAT. The focus was more on calculations and students would have been constrained only by the time that was available. The Assumption-Argument questions (1st 6 questions in the section) were the ones where students might have struggled a bit - that too only because it is still not a familiar set for many. Other than this, the other questions on reasoning (analytical reasoning) as well as the questions on DS were all do-able and should have definitely been attempted.
Cutoff: 22+
VA + RC
There were 4 passages (and 1 conversation) with 24 questions. Most of the questions were easy to moderate difficulty and good students should have attempted at least 3 passages + the conversation. As for the Verbal questions, there were the regular vocab-based questions that XAT is famous for. At the same time, students with a not-so-good vocab could also have managed to do well in these questions because the words were not very difficult. Again, the only questions where students might have struggled a bit would be the LR ones at the end.
Cutoff: 30+
Quant
Even though the proportion of questions from Higher Maths was more than in CAT, the cutoff is still likely to be in the same range because the questions were not too difficult. Students should have focused on identifying the easiest questions and could have easily cleared the cutoff from this approach alone. By budgeting at least 45 minutes for this section, one could have looked at most of the questions.
Cutoff: 10+
Overall cutoff: 85+ for XL and 80+ for XIMB
P.S:Now i m damn convinced that the coaching insti's r completely out of their minds,wat with the ambiguity of the CAT & IIFT papers.I think we hav gud co. here puys.....:wink:
we r in for even more xciting times

woefully out of touch(but so were all of u,so no xcuse here:()....
Anyways my score:
DI-24.33
QA-13.....seriously sucked in this,inspite of it being a below avg QA
VA/RC-16.33

Total-53.67