TIME GMAT Coaching classes Review

1 Post  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi All, Hoping that anyone who reads this doesn't waste his time and money by joining GMAT classes in TIME.I recently enrolled for TIME's GMAT coaching classes (Pune-Aundh centre). Having already given the GMAT exam, I was already aware of the...
Page 1 of 1

Hi All, 

Hoping that anyone who reads this doesn't waste his time and money by joining GMAT classes in TIME.

I recently enrolled for TIME's GMAT coaching classes (Pune-Aundh centre). Having already given the GMAT exam, I was already aware of the format of the exam and kind of questions that were asked in the exam. The main purpose of joining the classes was to learn the quick tricks and better way of approaching verbal questions. Following are the issues that i faced in TIME:

1) The institute guys would not start the batch in full throttle till they have 10-15 students in a batch. They used to pick a few topics so that they can covered again if the strength of the batch increases. They even suggested us to take a break for 2 weeks so that the next batch could be clubbed with our batch. Thus, all they care is about themselves and not what students plan.

2) The faculty members at TIME suck! There would be different faculty for IR, CR, SC & RC, DS, PS (Keep in mind that the faculties at all institutes in Pune are same). Would you believe this: There is not one faculty in TIME who has ever given a GMAT and they are ending up teaching up stuff that they don't even know about!

If you ask them about the format of the exam, all they would say is that their job is to teach the sheet that they have been given and that you can get in touch with the director of TIME (Wait for a week or 2 to get an appointment). When i happened to confront the reception lady about the fact that why teachers have not given a GMAT, they ended up asking the faculty on why he told the students about it.

Taking the above factors in my stride, i would still say that the way of teaching of each of the faculties is very very poor. 

SC & RC Faculty: No strategies ever suggested on how to improve on the exam . Stuff that was taught could be learnt from any GMAT guide. When we asked the TIME guys to change the faculty, they bluntly said no and started confronting us on how we can complain. When i asked him why he doesn't give GMAT, the answer was GMAT is stupid to be asking for a passport to write the exam (and hence he doesn't or couldn't) -Stay Away

DS & PS: Faculty specialized in GATE exam is teaching GMAT. He ends up teaching stuff for CAT and more. Having given GMAT twice, i know that GMAT tests logic. But this guy taught theorems and what not that are of absolutely no use! - Useless

IR: We had one class for 4 hours for IR that was of no-use, taught by a faculty who was like running train and unaware of GMAT! - Pathetic

CR: The faculty for CR was decent, but i believe her strategies are not actually too useful in the actual GMAT. 

3) Study Material: One of the prime reasons i joined TIME was for their study material. I would again have to say that it was also very disappointing. Questions in Quantitative cover topics that shouldn't even be studied...Thus a waste of time!

SC, CR Material is alright..RC, IR, DS, PS sucks..

All in all, it was one of the worst experiences to join TIME for GMAT coaching. I would advice no one ever to waste their money on such a selfish institute. 

STAY AWAY!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...