Thanks Rahul. Maureen does have my scanned copies. I am on the Thunderbird FB page. Any details on minor details like how much cash needed when leaving, accomodation etc... would be appreciated.
Are you not on the thunderbird facebook internal forumn ?
Congrats on your admit. Even I applied late and got a 45k schol :-)
First thing I would suggest is to book your flight tickets. The prices
are rising day by day. Its at 63k now and raising.
Second, send scanned copies to Maureen and she shall start the process
of issuing i20. After you receive them, you can apply for visa.
Since its late, you have to apply for tatkal visa.
Hi Guys, I am new to this, So please bear with me. I got admission to Thunderbird for Fall 2012. I applied late and still managed to get in. I still need help with the VISA docs processing and final details before travel. Any help will be appreciated. Oh. I got a $ 45,000 scholarship.
Acads - strictly average
Work exp - 2 yrs DELL, 1 yr IBM, Currently in the plastic industry with my own company based in Hyderabad.
Thank you guys for the inputs.....help me with one last query please....
Do universities give scholarship only on tuition fees or they consider living expenses also?
Lets say I have a limited amount to spend to do an MBA+living expenses. Now, if I have to ask T-bird for a scholarship, do you suggest me to ask only on tuition fees or tell them the total amount it would cost me (MBA+Living expenses) and ask for the scholarship..
Please suggest what should I do in such a scenario as I have to take an action today.
Thanks for all your support.
I can understand what thoughts are going in your mind. I suggest you go ahead and first accept the admission in TBird. And pay the deposit money. I guess the deposit money in Tbird is much much less than most schools.
And then, you can start thinking on the loan. You can contact Credila. They give any amount of loan. But you gotta show that much collateral (preferable property), as others are saying. You also need a co-signee.
You may want to not opt to pay the deposit money if you have admits in other better schools.
Firstly, Congratulations for getting in! I've had few similar doubts when I started out and these were the answers I was able to gather.
1) Placement Percentage wise not much stats are available..And its hard to find jobs anywhere..At TB its no exception and may be lil more difficult due to its location..But then its also not that ppl don't get jobs..It depends on the individual and the efforts he puts in to find the job he wants..Networking forms an important part of job hunt..TB has a huge alumni base and this is an advantage..Few companies do come to campus but their intake is very limited..
2) Worth doing an MBA now?
Consider this situation..Suppose u joined B-school in 2007 when markets were up..and 2008 KABOOM! so u really can't predict how market is gonna be two yrs down the line!it might get worse when u graduate or might be up and booming or at the same pace as now..its something not in anyone's hands..
3)scholarship at TB depends on ur GMAT score only..higher the score, more the scholarship..and u can't negotiate the amount offered..However u can earn addnl scholarship if you maintain a certain CGPA and meet some criteria set for it.
4)I heard part time jobs are available..u might earn $8-10/hr for it..but its difficult to put in more than 10-12hrs in a week due to the schedule..
5) I don't think your expenses should exceed 60 lacs at TB..atmost 65lacs..and this is without scholarship..For loan I think you need to show collateral of a higher value than the loan amount..
Hope this helps..
The views expressed above are some of my own and also from the people I've spoken to..
All the best 😃
How much schol did you get ?
No bank will give you 80 lakh loan unless you have that much collateral to show.
Its probably a good time to do because 2 years later the economy might be good.
Heard thunderbird is good wrt to placements but it is mainly through the network
you build rather than the college support
You cannot work part time during an MBA however you can take up academic related
work like TA's or work inside the college. Its like earning 12-13$ per hour. Its not worth.
You can earn upto 20k$ during internship.
So plan well.
I got my admit from Thunderbird and need help on the below points to make up my mind...
1) what is the placement percentage for Indian students?
2) Is it worth doing an MBA in such a time when the economy is struggling?
3) Apart from the scholarship essay, is there a way to convince them for a higher scholarship amount? What are the factors due to which some people get 50% scholarship and some get only couple dollars scholarship.
4) Can we do a part time job with MBA and how much do you think one earns with that?
5) I donot have 80 lakhs to shell, are there banks that can give me the loan of such a big amount?
Pleaseeeeeeeee somebody help me...I have to respond them within 2 days.
Tomo not happening..No one else has responded as of now as well..we'll push it fwd by a week or two..