Those offered admission to ISB 2006-2007

97 Posts  ·  41 Users
About this group
Hi Guys, I have been offered admission to ISB 2006-2007. More than that, I plan to join it ( I left it last year in favor of CMU, for which I cudnt arrange enuff green bucks). I am starting this forum for those have been offered admissions and...
Page 1 of 10
Hi Guys,
I have been offered admission to ISB 2006-2007. More than that, I plan to join it ( I left it last year in favor of CMU, for which I cudnt arrange enuff green bucks).
I am starting this forum for those have been offered admissions and r considering joining it.
The idea is mainly to create a platform even before we start our lives at ISB- make some new friends, share views, etc etc.
Anyone else considering joining ISB this year?
rgds.

i got admitted to cmu too, with a bit of $$ as well, but have chosen ISB over it.

the Yahoo group is pretty active, you might want to take a look at it if you havent already.

Yash
http://www.nucliomaniac.blogspot.com/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any Info on Wailisted Candidates ? ??:

Does anybody know when they are gonna review them or if they've already started to review and accept/select candidates ?

Any updates Guys ??

Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-cycle-2-discussion-25012734

Guys pls follow this link or go to the other thread on ISB Cycle 2 Discussion to read about ISB placements---if this is true then ..............:(

Capreal dude can you comment on this....disturbing:wow:
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-cycle-2-discussion-25012734

Guys pls follow this link or go to the other thread on ISB Cycle 2 Discussion to read about ISB placements---if this is true then ..............:(
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi K.K

Congrats on ur placement. Athough i am not an admit as yet, I can tell u what i know.

Work Ex.- ISB places a lot of emphasis on work ex--quality!!! 2 yrs is a given, but as u may note in the blog outstanding achvt in ltd work ex can also get u in...howeever no less than a yr should be acceptable.....perhaps only if u r like a PhD or sth!!

GMAT - Average is 680-720! Slated to go up since mostly indians apply!

Backround - Current stats indicate majority with an engg background, so great for ya..abover average results thru college! however, ISB has a fetsih for "diversity"

Essays - V V V V Imp. they have about the max no. of essays in a pool of global B schools and eclectic ones at that! Spend max time on those, search urself, think like u never have but be urself, talk to ur best friend, ur employer, ur idol (if in ur reach)....and where u see urself in a couple of years!--Basically essays need to be taken V V V V V seriously.

Overall -ISB is a lethal combi of Intl way of recruiting students against an almost 95% mix of Indian aspirants which thus augurs : High GMATs, Rel./not overly many yrs of work ex, a V V compttve pool of applicants (treat urself as compared to others with a similar backround)!!!
So i guess we need to make ourselves stand out ! The qnty- more the better, the qlty - depper the better.!

The applications start real early this year - shifted from Nov- Sept- July over 3 yrs...so well they are visibly aligning themselves to the west.....But just one thing u will have had how many yrs of work when u apply??

Hope this helps....Pray for me.. :-)
Cheers & All the luck with Wipro - As the advert says "I am Wipro from K.K"...Hmm interesting one!!!

hey buddy...
thx a zillion...althugh i know its a tad early for me rite now but yup...ISB is whr i wanna be...and as u ritely pointed out..."i am wipro from K.k.".. ....all the best...i am praying for u....
cheeers
K.K
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi K.K

Congrats on ur placement. Athough i am not an admit as yet, I can tell u what i know.

Work Ex.- ISB places a lot of emphasis on work ex--quality!!! 2 yrs is a given, but as u may note in the blog outstanding achvt in ltd work ex can also get u in...howeever no less than a yr should be acceptable.....perhaps only if u r like a PhD or sth!!

GMAT - Average is 680-720! Slated to go up since mostly indians apply!

Backround - Current stats indicate majority with an engg background, so great for ya..abover average results thru college! however, ISB has a fetsih for "diversity"

Essays - V V V V Imp. they have about the max no. of essays in a pool of global B schools and eclectic ones at that! Spend max time on those, search urself, think like u never have but be urself, talk to ur best friend, ur employer, ur idol (if in ur reach)....and where u see urself in a couple of years!--Basically essays need to be taken V V V V V seriously.

Overall -ISB is a lethal combi of Intl way of recruiting students against an almost 95% mix of Indian aspirants which thus augurs : High GMATs, Rel./not overly many yrs of work ex, a V V compttve pool of applicants (treat urself as compared to others with a similar backround)!!!
So i guess we need to make ourselves stand out ! The qnty- more the better, the qlty - depper the better.!

The applications start real early this year - shifted from Nov- Sept- July over 3 yrs...so well they are visibly aligning themselves to the west.....But just one thing u will have had how many yrs of work when u apply??

Hope this helps....Pray for me.. :-)
Cheers & All the luck with Wipro - As the advert says "I am Wipro from K.K"...Hmm interesting one!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi, i am new to pagalguy.com. i will be a mechanical engineer by june 2006. got placed in wipro through campus placement. i aspire to join isb for 2007/2008 course. can anybody give tips about the preparation ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi dipti,

congrats on the admit.

There are 2 yahoo grps that you can subscribe to. One is the isb-pgp group which has applicants, current students, ex-students, admits and interested applicants all part of the grp. Its a good forum for ISB related discussions.
The 2nd is isb0607admits_mumbai which has the mumbai admits. We've already met few times. Join this grp too so u can get to know the ppl from Mumbai.

Ciao!

Yugs

Thanks a ton!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks D, Yugita, Living in Hope...

I hope the wait's worth it 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
d83
@d83  ·  0 karma

Hey Ajnick, Sudhir,

I got my admit decision on the evening of Jan 7th. I don't think they will let you know a day before the due date. All the best, and I endorse Yugita's advice!

Sudhir, I have about a year and half's experience in advertising. Its relatively less I know, but its absolute quality experience, and I have some pretty good achievements at work (double promotions, turned around business, lots of responsibility etc.). I have a GMAt score of 690, good acads, and some wonderful extra-curricular experiences (been part of inter-country peace conferences, organized inter-country events, led fests etc.). I think what got me through was the fact that I honestly believe in my experiences and my readiness for the programme, and have demonstrated achievements. I got thoroughly grilled in my interview but managed to hold my own!
All the best for your application. Will be glad to help you, in any way I can.

Dipti

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...