The what, why and how of the Family Managed Business MBA

10 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
The what, why and how of the Family Managed Business MBA Companies like Raj Travels and Haldiram's have chosen to train their next generation through the Family Managed Business MBA. We take a look at the FMB programme at three well-known ins...
Page 1 of 1
apoorvjdp Says
@OHMYGOD ..edi LINK IS BROKEN..PLEASE REPOST..

There is no point replying to the post which was posted 4 years ago
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@OHMYGOD ..edi LINK IS BROKEN..PLEASE REPOST..

Even Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmedabad offers a PG in Family Business Management

It is offered as a specialization in Post Graduate Diploma in Business Entrepreneurship and Management (PGDBEM).

They conduct their own entrance test and then followed by an Interview.
The fees are 1,40,000/- (residents) and 85,000/- (non-residents).

Advantages:

0ne year course
At times faculties from IIM-A are persuaded to conduct lectures
Great hostel facilities

Disadvantages:

EDI

For more info Welcome to EDI INDIA : Post Graduate Diploma in Management of NGOs (PGDMN)

Hope that helps..
~ Gulshan

For Family Managed Businesses, the choice of bschools becomes a more complex process. Mainly because, rankings etc do not matter as much as they do for other candidates.

Not saying that branding is irrelevant, but just that the need and the pressure to impress prospective employers for post-MBA roles is not a real concern and the focus is more internal/personal. Majority of the case studies in most bschools do not focus on Family managed business.
Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb

I am from welingkar pgdbm course and I must say that the college puts a lot of effort in structuring their courses well and making them relevant.Though I don't really know if there will be many takers. I feel if the business is doing well enough most kids would opt to go abroad or too gain a more general management perspective

aynaval Says
The last date for Welingkar is not yet over....you cans till buy the form.

Hey thanx 4 d info aynaval.

The last date for Welingkar is not yet over....you cans till buy the form.

Can anybody tell me has the last date to apply for the FMB program passed or not?:satisfie:

Program seems to be good...

But many hurdles before that...

Specially its location..... All institutes mentioned are in mumbai...

so for a person like me or some one else from north side (delhi) or south like bangalore.... will be very difficult to travel every month for a week to the place and return back....

For the starting it doesn't look like a problem .... but when u start involving in your bussiness and fully into it.... its very difficult to leave it and go attending classes.. as program is more than 18 months ...

Bussiness has its own constraints... not following a particular schedule like Job....

So leaving it every month with the workplace is a difficult task....

Also not knowing... the exact program .. u cannot say will it fit to your side of bussiness....

Last thing... is these program at the same cost of general MBA or they are pretty expensive.....

Going through business mentality is to invest into business which will prosperous many than to invest in a expensive program .. which is helping only one in the start...

these all things i got in my way.... lets see what other people have in there mind...

Solution and Problems.... 😃

The what, why and how of the Family Managed Business MBA

Companies like Raj Travels and Haldiram's have chosen to train their next generation through the Family Managed Business MBA. We take a look at the FMB programme at three well-known institutes in Mumbai.

Read More

I come in peace. Take me to your leader. http://www.twitter.com/apurv