The truth about IBS-kolkata

12 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
IBS-kolkata placemnts has been very bad this year for 2010 batch. in the website it is given 198 placed bt if u count it is 177 thats out of 400. they paid 7.5 lacs.the actual number may b lower. the link is:- Welcome to the IBS the jo...
Page 1 of 2
IBS Selection Process May 2010 Results out
IBS

Those who have made it please reply ..

I am joining Kolkata Campus.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I would like to give a picture about IBS, Kolkata for interested students -
:o It's faculty members are one of the best in the country.
:o It's courses are all the time dynamic with the change of time.
:o It's placement scenario this year even in the recession period is very impressive which of about 85%, likely to reach more than 95% in the near future.
:o It's rank should be one of the first 20 B-school in India.

I very well know how to judge myself! I will certainly not appreciate any fellow stranger to judge my capabilities. There are better critics who can point out my mistakes.
I guess this thread is about IBS Kolkata and its malfunctioning! If you have anything worthwhile to say, please say it rather than asking others to check themselves.

dipyaman_basu Says
No other IBS Campuses except IBS Mumbai, Bangalore (and right now to a some extent IBS Gurgaon) are worth investing for!!

dipyaman,

I would suggest you to evaluate yourself rather than evaluating B-Schools. U better check where do u stand, in which B-School u fit. Everybody aims for IIM, but everybody is not capable for it, hence they go for next best and so on. So u also check where u stand.
also its nt a 2 year course, its a 20.5 month course...starting mid-may and ending in january( cost cutting)...it has about 3 month semesters....14 week training/internship which is a waste of time...most companies want 2 months.
very few people get stipend in internship ..n also very less amount. there are currently only 4 finance faculties here.situation is getting worse.library doesnt issue more 2 books at a time after paying so much. books have to be re-issued in 7 days time else fine. PGs provided by IBS are crowded with poor quality food n atmosphere. think b4 u cm n spend here. IBS Kolkata management are sleeping .they dnt care 4 students n are gr8 at telling lies.d director is the root cause of all problems. hence its students who suffer.

My friend, it is a two years course only, starts in June & ends in May of 2nd year. At P.G. level and that to for a professional course (2 years course, 3 months semester) duration of the course does not hold any meaning, it is the content of the program which has to be looked in. It is at IBS where practical exposure is given more importance, hence a 14 week internship is scheduled. Almost all students get stipend varying from 5k - 10k. Books to be issued by library are decided by student committee.
You appears to be concentrating on small admininstrative matters. In every facet of life be a student or executive one has to learn to face these things and as a future manager you are required to bring these to notice of authorities to change for better rather than sulking.
My fellow student, take it positively and move forward in life and career. Good luck and positive spirit.
theend Says
any institute has to be lead by its head.....in case of IBS-kolkata unless the director improves nothing will i am afraid. he is simply nt good enough. n none respect him inspite of his IIT,IIM degrees.

Dear friends,
Being a just passout, let me bring u the real image of IBS kol, so that u can take correct decision.
IBS Kolkata is operating since 1995, almost 2500 students have graduated and placed in various corporates.
It is a wi fi campus with a/c classrooms, a very good library with thousands of books, international journals, magazine and online facility.
There is also a good mix of faculty. The teaching levels can be checked by the placement figures.
Class of 2008 Avg Sal 5.50 and Max sal 7.70
Class of 2009 Avg Sal 4.52 and Max Sal 8.80
For Class of 2010 it was average , that everybody knows -recession
Since last 15 years it has been headed by various Directors. And it is not only the director who runs the show, it is faculty, students, management and administrative staffs collective effort in running an institute. I dont know why people give such information; it is nothing but intentionally targeting an individual which in turn leading to a spoiled image of IBS kol.
My dears friends do check ur self the things.
Man oh Man!!!!

Is this a college or what..people responsible need to be held accountable...unfortunately whichever system is in place they get around it...

So pathetic to hear such things from a decent B-school (until now) in a country like India...which needs quality education.

You have access to PG so you are able to express yourself..wonder how many in our country are suffering this way ..not only in MBA but any education and the poor souls cant even do what you did ..as they dont even have internet and a PC...

God please give the guys who are responsible some sense , empathy and imbibe them with some human values atleast...

SHAME on the guys who are so irresponsible...

Dear friends,
Being a just passout, let me bring u the real image of IBS kol, so that u can take correct decision.
IBS Kolkata is operating since 1995, almost 2500 students have graduated and placed in various corporates.
It is a wi fi campus with a/c classrooms, a very good library with thousands of books, international journals, magazine and online facility.
There is also a good mix of faculty. The teaching levels can be checked by the placement figures.
Class of 2008 Avg Sal 5.50 and Max sal 7.70
Class of 2009 Avg Sal 4.52 and Max Sal 8.80
For Class of 2010 it was average , that everybody knows -recession
Since last 15 years it has been headed by various Directors. And it is not only the director who runs the show, it is faculty, students, management and administrative staffs collective effort in running an institute. I dont know why people give such information; it is nothing but intentionally targeting an individual which in turn leading to a spoiled image of IBS kol.
My dears friends do check ur self the things.

No other IBS Campuses except IBS Mumbai, Bangalore (and right now to a some extent IBS Gurgaon) are worth investing for!!

also its nt a 2 year course, its a 20.5 month course...starting mid-may and ending in january( cost cutting)...it has about 3 month semesters....14 week training/internship which is a waste of time...most companies want 2 months.
very few people get stipend in internship ..n also very less amount. there are currently only 4 finance faculties here.situation is getting worse.library doesnt issue more 2 books at a time after paying so much. books have to be re-issued in 7 days time else fine. PGs provided by IBS are crowded with poor quality food n atmosphere. think b4 u cm n spend here. IBS Kolkata management are sleeping .they dnt care 4 students n are gr8 at telling lies.d director is the root cause of all problems. hence its students who suffer.

any institute has to be lead by its head.....in case of IBS-kolkata unless the director improves nothing will i am afraid. he is simply nt good enough. n none respect him inspite of his IIT,IIM degrees.