The PUYS adda for WAT and PI preparation

157 Posts  ·  469 Users
About this group

This group is created for PUYS to gear up for some of the WAT topics that may be asked, and share some tips and tricks among themselves to tackle the interview panel at the time of PI. This group can be of help specially to the puys who do not have access to good coaching institutes for GD,WAT,PI preparation. People who have joined different coaching institutes are also requested to join the group and help other puys as much as they can with material, WAT topics etc.

Everyone who think their advice can be of even a little bit of help to the aspirants are more than welcome in the group :)

If we are not going to help each other, then who is ?

Page 1 of 16

//Selling Materials for MBA-2020 & other competitive exams//

At the heart of scoring a good percentage lies repeated and rigorous practice from a variety of sources. 

Details about the materials-

· Quantity- 90 GB Materials

· Mode- Google Drives

· Payment link and details-

https://rzp.io/l/nCEAlVR (Samples and detailed description available on the website)

· Usage-

MBA Exams, Banking Exams, Any and all exams with an aptitude section

· Price-

Rs. 500 (50% discount) = Rs. 250

· Contact

mbamaterials3@gmail.com

mbamaterials2@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

//Selling Materials for MBA-2020 & other competitive exams//
At the heart of scoring a good percentage lies repeated and rigorous practice from a variety of sources.
Details about the materials-
· Quantity- 90 GB Materials
· Mode- Google Drives
· Payment link and details-
https://rzp.io/l/nCEAlVR (Samples and detailed description available on the website)
· Usage-
MBA Exams, Banking Exams, Any and all exams with an aptitude section
· Price-
Rs. 500 (50% discount) = Rs. 250
· Contact-
mbamaterials3@gmail.com
mbamaterials2@gmail.com

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone tell me about some good online coaching programmes for GD/PI preparation?

CAT '17 : 99.00| IIFT '18 :98.80|Calls: K,I,S,SPJain,IIFT,FMS| Converts IIM Kozhikode, Indore, IIFT-K| Rejects -SPJain, FMS
Ankita_singh89
@Ankita_singh89  ·  0 karma

We are a group of alumni of IIM A, IIM B and IIM C who helped more than 500 students convert their calls in last 6 years (Conversion rate- 97.6%). You can call on 9831939136 to know more about the program. You can read the testimonials on https://www.mbabreakspace.com/testimonials

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ang22
@ang22  ·  23 karma

guys im in a dilemma.

I am planning to write CAT and other management exams this year..But I have been offered a job in a good software company..I have graduated from my engineering this year and have no work experience..

So should i take up the job or no??In case i screw up my CAT, I will have this job in hand and can write it next year again with a one year work ex..Also, I can apply to colleges abroad with my work ex later..

Your suggestions please im really confused.. :/

1 like2 comments
devesh10
@devesh10XLRI Jamshedpur  ·  1,598 karma

@ang22 take the job

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,232 karma

@ang22 Ask your employer to shift your joining date after CAT. Cite some genuine reason. Most of the employers agree.

Take CAT peacefully and then join the job. 

BTW, out of curiosity, which  good software company are you talking about??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got admission offer from IIM Bodh gya and IIM Sirmaur.Just want to check the opinion of others pguys

IIM Sirmaur
IIM Bodh gya
Try for next year
1 comment50 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Guys if you are an unemployed engineering graduate & have to choose between a govt. job through SSC-CGL or a PGDM in IIM Rohtak what would you choose?

Government job through SSC CGL
PGDM in IIM Rohtak
I came to the party crashing because accidents happen.
1 comment93 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

I scored 92.86%le in CAT 16. Non engnr, female , sc category 10th 74.17%, 12th 72.19% Grad(BDS) 57.97% No extraordinary extracurriculars Iit madras gd(good) pi (bad) Iit delhi gd(avg) pi(good) Iim ranchi wat(avg) pi (good) Any chance of conversion anywhere?

8 comments
Load more comments  ·  1 of 8
mayur_arora
@mayur_aroraIIM Bangalore  ·  9,232 karma

@SuitsUSAFan Tumhare andar bhi mere jaisa keeda ghusa hai.. aisa maloom chalta hai

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The first placement season at IIM Amritsar saw a phenomenal response from the industry with over 48 companies participating and offering 50 profiles to a batch of 44 students.  

The fact that 20% of the batch have recieved PPOs in the very first year, reflects the strong edifice on the which IIM K has built this institution and also endorses the depth of the calibre of the pioneering batch. 

Big brands like ICICI Lombard, GroupM, Pidilite, E&Y, KPMG, CBRE, Azure Power, Takshashila Consulting, Motilal Oswal, Safexpress, DELL, Emami, DishTV, HFCL, TUV SUD, Arka Consulting, have bestowed their faith in the institute.  

Some very coveted profiles like EA to CEO, content strategist, equity research, Marketing Head, Transaction Advisory services, etc. were offered to students from these companies.

IIM Amritsar takes utmost care in providing an accurate picture of placements. Hence, a detailed placement will be published post an external audit.     �

4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
ang22
@ang22  ·  23 karma

Hey guys needed some opinion on here..

I'm currently in my final year of engineer(GEM)..I could not crack CAT last year and I really wish to pursue MBA from a top institute in India.I am taking a drop this year to prepare for CAT again and aim at the top 10 B schools.

My academics are pretty low..

Class X-87.4%

Class XI-72.6%

Graduation-7.06 CGPA

What CAT percentile should I be aiming at to get a call from the top 10?And what more can i do to fetch a call other than the CAT score?

Please help guys..im getting demotivated looking at other situation of other students on this group.Thanks in advance.

1 comment
devesh10
@devesh10XLRI Jamshedpur  ·  1,598 karma

@ang22 No chance for ABCLI because of the low 12th and grad score. Aim nothing less than 99.8, you'll have a really good shot at FMS then. Also go for XLRI, IIFT as they don't give much weightage to acads. IIFT, you can convert at 96 even (which was the cutoff this time) and not convert at 99 (my case). For XLRI, you'll need a score of 99+ for having a realistic chance of conversion.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have been guiding my cousin for the past few weeks for her admissions. One day, in the midst of a conversation, she asked me “Are 3G IIMs worth joining? How is life there?” I just laughed a little and replied – it is worth more than what it takes for me to be here.  Later, I realized that it is the question that must be in the minds of every aspirant and needs to be addressed in order for them to make a rational decision. 
Disclaimer: The post is based on my personal experiences and point of view.
PEER GROUPS

I didn’t have many doubts regarding the quality of the candidates because they had already proved their abilities in CAT and other subsequent processes and made it here. But what amused me is the diversity of our batch (We have students from almost all parts of the country) in terms of their life experiences, the level of dedication and passion they hold. I feel honored to share the classroom with a colleague who has been running his own school in his village  to a budding music director who realized his passion for music here and is working towards it. When asked, his response is clear “It is now or never”.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe5twwC1Dms This is a song he composed for our annual college fest. You can go through his other songs on his channel. Eventually, I realized that learning is a continuous process and it can happen anywhere from anyone at any time. 
FACULTIES

“Luck favors the brave”, they say. I could see it happening in my life. I was much skeptical in opting for one of the newest IIM, and with enough guidance, I choose IIM Amritsar. Here I got an opportunity to learn from the best minds in the country. Most of our faculties are from IIM K  (Our mentor Institute), but we have faculties from other premium institutes like IIM A, B, C, L, K, I, MDI, IIT-B, D, IIFT and much more. The kind of projects we do as a part of academia is worth mentioning, we do real time projects (Identify a real problem and work on from the ground level) as a part of academics which helps us understand and learn from real life situations.  
START FROM THE SCRATCH

Being in a 3G IIM has its own perks. Unlike in an established IIM,  where the system is already in place and is difficult to change, we analyze the merits and demerits of various systems and carefully handpick what we want to be a part of our system. The joy of seeing something you created/implemented and knowing that it is going to be there for the decades to come is the best feeling one can experience.  There are plenty of things I can talk about my life at IIM Amritsar, but for now, I’m closing here. I don't know whether I answered the question or not, but I’m hopeful that It would help you aspirants in some way or the other. 

If you have any questions about admissions: https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/official-iim-amritsar-pgpm-2017-2019-admission-queries-5605499443609600
My 2 Cents

Dhanu       

Video Thumbnail6233294121205760
4 likes2 comments
Sidrobbi
@SidrobbiFMS New Delhi  ·  279 karma

@dhanu_iimasr you're specializing in marketing?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dhanu_iimasr
@dhanu_iimasrIIM Amritsar  ·  612 karma

@Sidrobbi

The course structure for PGPM/PGDM at IIMs does not require us to have a specialization. All of us will be studying the same set of subjects during our 1st year. In our second year, we can choose electives from a vast pool of subjects and you can customize the course the way you want it to be.  

Regardless of your choice of courses, you are eligible to apply for any company, in any sector, during the (summer and final) placements. Your selection would only depend on your resume and your interview.
And regarding my interest - As of now I'm more interested in Marketing Research and Strategy.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...