The Profile Evaluation Thread

6 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
Dual MBA = MBA +_____ . From your post, it sounds like you want a 2nd MBA. Two very different things. Obviously, the very first question you will be asked is "Why 2nd MBA?" for which i'm sure you have your answers lined up. However, not all ...
Page 1 of 1

Hi All,

It would be very helpful if you guy can evaluate my profile and guide me accordingly.

10th- 84 %

12th - 66 %

Btech - 68 %

I am working in TCS and its been 30 months now,

I have a active participation in extra curricular activities and sports trough out my school and college.Can you please tell me if I can get a MBA school in asia that can accept that acads. I will be giving GMAT next year.

Thanks

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Looks like I posted the message in the wrong Forum. Sorry about that.

Hi Neha,

Congratulations on getting through Kellogg's. I am new to the forum & I am also planning to give GMAT. I have sent you mail regarding your help & guidance needed to prepare for GMAT.Your help & guidance is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I am a marine engineer by profession with 4 years of exp in shipping industry.. Currently I am working with BP shipping (the oil major) for past 3 years.. My acads include:

X: 78% (2002)

XII: 80 (PCM)% (2004)

(awarded as Mr. Augustine for an all round performance in class XII, St Augustine School)

IIT Screening AIR: 10775 (2004)

IIT Mains AIR: 6603 (2004)

AIEEE AIR 3603 (2004)

UPTU SEE State Rank: 562

B.tech (marine engg): 70% (Class of 2008, MERI, Kolkata)

(Awarded for excellency in all aspects at the end of college training)

Have some college level certificates in swimming.

Good appraisals in the company.

I am planning to appear for GMAT in next two years.. Since I have enough time for preparation can you pls advise which books I should start with.. I am pretty confused aomng Manhatten, kaplan or Off Guide... which book to start with..

also can u suggest which specialization should I opt for.. ?? I have been advised operations by many.. what would you suggest...??

Hello All,
Am a work ex guy looking to do 1 yr executive MBA for career progression in IT and to get into mainstream business management with IT cos. Please evaluate my profile and provide your feedback as I have recently started thinking along the line of exec MBA with leading Indian b schools

Acads:
10th - 78% (CBSE)
12 - 81% (CBSE)
B.E (Electronics and communication) - 76% (Govt college of tech, Coimbatore)
Symbiosis distance learning - pgdba in Finance (2006 - 2008, 75%, since this was self study online and distance course this didnt help me and doesnt carry much weigthage as well)
11 yrs of work ex with tier1 IT company with 2 yrs of exp in India and remaining in US in various client facing roles - Onsite tech lead, Delivery manager, Test manager, Project manager, Program manager and have been part of may RFPs, proposal presentation to clients etc, been part of multiple strategic accounts at US with multi geography landscape and delivery models.

I am currently trying to decide how helpful will an exce MBA be for me around 2015 once I am back to India after completion of my current tenure. Based on that I am planning to start preparing for GMAT as my schedule varies a lot with work and family.

Other question is - what is the max work ex exposure do the top 10 exec MBA programs in B school look for?

With thanks,
IT Guy

9 comments

Dual MBA = MBA +_____ . From your post, it sounds like you want a 2nd MBA. Two very different things.

Obviously, the very first question you will be asked is "Why 2nd MBA?" for which i'm sure you have your answers lined up. However, not all colleges are 2nd-MBA friendly, especially when your 1st is from a rather good college in India. I would suspect H/W/S are all possibly out.

the second question will be - what do you expect the 2nd MBA to do for you that your first MBA won't or doesn't? Given you have a finance job, one would assume that a few years in the industry will get you wherever you want. The problem with "few years" is that it now = 3-4years atleast because you will need to show that you have indeed spent time working AND realized that the MBA is not opening the doors that you want.

The problem at this point will be that your age will come into play. Are you interested in a 2yr program or 1yr program? You've listed both type of schools. If you aren't looking at a career-change, then a 1yr program is a better bet. In that case you'll need to work 4-5years to make a really compelling case. INSEAD also requires a second foreign language but it's anyway good to have 1 under your belt.

Therefore - work hard at your job, get all kinds of amazing promotions. do amazing stuff at work AND in your free-time.

See you in a couple of years.