The Pg Dream Team '06!!!

779 Posts  ·  97 Users
About this group
Alright, enough procrastination.... Here is the Dream Team for this year's CAT... People who have the brightest chance not only of clearing the toughest B School exam, but also landing up with BLACKIs.... We might even have some 100%ilers consider...
Page 1 of 78

I know that you all running on high emotions but this 06 thread and hence closing it down.

Congrats for the convert and enjoy.

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Its a dream come true for me guys. I was @ SJMSOM, which is an awesome place. Spent one of the best years of my life here.

But probably there was this desire in me to give it one last shot. Wrote CAT albeit with 0 prep (no choice, had no time)

And whoa....got 6 calls. When i used to prepare i used to screw up, and here i was with all iims ready to interview me.

Did prepare a bit for the GD/PIs....although that was again constrained coz of B-School rigour.

A wasnt satisfactory, C was avg and B was flawless and thus my only hope out of the big 3. LIK were pretty good

And then came the news....B converted...I was happy but that was expected....as someone said in some post....I'd have sued them had they rejected me....so well did my entire process(recos, form, gd,pi, acads, extra currics) go !

Then came C and K....gave me a tremendous amount of self confidence....dunno y, but after B and C i was still ecstatic to get K

And finally the big daddy....IIMA....everyone's dream.....unfolded before my eyes.......and here I am..all set to be a WIMWIAN !

Thanks a lot to DT 06....u ppl were a real source of inspiration....rpradeep, consti,basilisk,mufasa, kamal and lots of others. And above all....my dear dear frnd...amitnsitian.......rock C buddy....u r THE STUD !!

pride1760 Says
how did you justify leaving FMS inbetween to the interview panel??

I can understand that you are pretty curious about it. I saw the same question elsewhere. Please PM him and have a discussion with him.

Pradeep
A long long awaited update on this thread. Apparently a lot of junta took CAT this year too from DT 2006 and here are the results

amitnsitian - going to C
paybacktime - A

rpradeephere - A (WL), B

how did you justify leaving FMS inbetween to the interview panel??
A long long awaited update on this thread. Apparently a lot of junta took CAT this year too from DT 2006 and here are the results

amitnsitian - going to C
paybacktime - A

rpradeephere - A (WL), B

:)

Amit did the honours. 😃

And all the above 3 had BLACKI's this year.

And if you consider Kamal and Basilisk, members of DT'06, who also have BLACKI's this year, its a good show 😃 😃 :)

And Mr. Constantine, though not here in PG now had calls from CLIK and converted C PGDM

I am WL No. 31 at A, confirmed admit at B and reject at C. I was wondering since morning as to how is it that the results are such that I am not confused. But alas, A came out with its result and confused me.

I don't know. WL 31 is hard chance or no chance. But still many theories will start floating with some complex statistics will be used to prove WL will move till whatever. ;)

But then, I have a friggin B admit :). And I ain't cribbin. It was my dream insti. 😃

And considering at what position I was in the past, I am at a super duper state now. :)

PS: too many smileys huh?

amitnsitian - going to C
paybacktime - A

rpradeephere - A (WL), B

See you at C

congos to paybacktime and rpradeephere too :)

Mantri (another former member) is going to B

EDIT : Mantri wasn't a member but a nominated person 😃

amitnsitian - going to C
paybacktime - A

rpradeephere - A (WL), B

Dunno how many of the erstwhile team visit PG now.... but wanted to share something with the team that was my benchmark...:satisfie:
HindustanTimes-Print

and

Pepsico - Home

Great Going dude...!! Keep on rocking... 😃
Dunno how many of the erstwhile team visit PG now.... but wanted to share something with the team that was my benchmark...:satisfie:
HindustanTimes-Print

and

Pepsico - Home

HI guys...

Today was my 1st Pg meet at Delhi..nd it was a gr8 day for me for more than a coupla reasons.
I am currently at IIFT D and interacted with some of these Hardcore PGites like tati nd chango and it was just gr8 to listen to their PG experiences.
and in the one such conversation, i came to know tht i was nominated in the PG dream team for CAT 06.

I for one have never been an active user of the PG but a passive on although i have been erading most of the posts on CAT 06. I have not even posted all my aimcat scores ( plz blame it not on arrogance but laziness ). ANd yet to find myself nominated was stunning!

i am absolutely humbled and awed nd speechless.....i thank u all for considering me as one among the best. thanx a lot.

but i am sorry to tell u tht i've not been able to live upto ur expectations. i falied to crack CAT 06 ( enuf has been said abt the paper)..no excuses.
here r my scores
quant 99.89 %ile
DI 98.7 %ile
verb 83 %ile.
ovl 99.35 %ile.

but m glad to've made it thro' IIFT...nd meeting some of u PGites today was just a gr8 xperience.
thanx a lot PG once again.