The Last Lecture

10 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Randy Pausch, the professor at Carnegie Mellon University who inspired countless students in the classroom and others worldwide through his highly acclaimed last lecture, has died of complications from pancreatic cancer. He was 47. Also a Car...
Page 1 of 1

i heard the audiobook..it was awesome..if only we had such teachers who's influence cud have changed our lives fr d best..thers so much to learn from him..professionlly as wel as personally..hes an idol..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Bumping this thread up, so that new users can take a note of this Great Man's Lecture. This is something that everyone should listen to. One of the best spend one hour in my life.

Explore the unexplored
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

simply amazing.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

One of the best ever lectures... must watch for everyone...

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you."

Explore the unexplored
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It is a small world. i had ordered his book by the same name and got it today. And I am reading it now.And his stuff is the stuff of legends.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

>

Fight.Love.Live
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Bump, just so the new users can take note of this extraordinarily inspiring man.

here's a clip of him on Oprah Show YouTube - Randy Pausch - The Last Lecture reprised

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I had also watched it...just have one word to say about it...awesome...almost had me choked at the end of it...
Would recommend each and everyone to have a look at this great video...really something...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Wow, just wow. Just sat through the whole 1 hour lecture and I almost choked at the end. Man you just wish you had such teachers/role models when you were growing up. The lecture was not only inspirational but also had many "head fakes" (you will understand it when you see/read the lecture) like how coming in touch with certain individuals can change your life for ever.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Randy Pausch, the professor at Carnegie Mellon University who inspired countless students in the classroom and others worldwide through his highly acclaimed last lecture, has died of complications from pancreatic cancer. He was 47.

Also a Carnegie Mellon alumnus, Pausch co-founded the Entertainment Technology Center and led researchers who created Alice, a revolutionary way to teach computer programming. He was widely respected in academic circles for a unique interdisciplinary approach, bringing together artists, dramatists and designers to break new ground by working in collaboration with computer scientists.

An Enduring Legacy - Carnegie Mellon University
YouTube - Randy Pausch Last Lecture: Achieving Your Childhood Dreams

Goodbye to Randy Pausch, a great teacher(Official Google Blog)

Remembering Randy Pausch(Google Research Blog)

I've attached the transcript of the speech.

p.s. I know the youtube videos' been linked earlier, but i felt it deserved a whole thread.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...