The George Washington University School Of Business - Fall 2010 Admits

15 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi, anyone got admitted to The George Washington University School Of Business, Washington DC - Fall 2010. Found no existing thread for a School who came 57 in Global FT MBA rankings. Has anyone got admits with scholarships or GA. ::
Page 1 of 2

And guys another info which may be helpful for you to decide on GW MBA .. I asked Shelly the details for the current placements etc.. Below is her reply with a useful link and her contact info.. Hope it helps----

Dear Digvijay:

It was a pleasure speaking with you. Here is the website which will give you all of the appropriate information on recruiting. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. We look forward to letting you know the admissions committee decision soon.
http://business.gwu.edu/careercenter/employers/files/2009gmba.pdf

Regards,

Shelly

Shelly L. Heinrich
Assistant Director, MBA and Graduate Admissions
George Washington University, School of Business
Phone (202) 994-5486
Fax (202) 994-3571
shellyh@gwu.edu

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys I have finally decided to reject the GW offer.. its surprising that they haven't offered any scholarships to anyone this year (none that i heard of).. definitely a rich man's school.. I would have considered washington seriously, even if they had given me half schol.. but anyways i have full scholarships from Carey and Tulane, both better than GW and a total of 10 offers.. so its bad luck for GW, not me.. and I've decided on Carey SCM (5th in US News rankings).. All the best to all the waitlisted applicants and people in other stages of admission.. I hope my rejection will create place for one guy atleast... keep rockin and keep in touch..

Hi Vineejay.. though its a bit late in admissions process, but you have a good gmat score and female factor working for you.. I dont see any reason for you to be rejected, unless you screw up big time in the interview.. but forget schols in GW, I believe... gonna be very costly...

I had interview with Shelly Heinrich. It was simple - getting to know more- type of interaction.. Same usual question as u can expect - why mba , why now, why GW, leadership examples, failure, professional experience etc.. She is a nice person, really great to talk to.. My interview went very well, was expecting heavy scholarship.. but did not got any.. surprized.. dont know if they are going thru financial crunch.. anyways, which other colleges u r applying to and whats ur status in those apps... all d best..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi.. I have received a call from GW Global MBA program. This is my first interview call till now, so I would like some advise on the interview questions and so forth. Iam really looking forward to getting an admit from GW with or without scholarships.

My profile->
Female IT Background Supply Chain Management Work ex 2+ yrs work ex GMAT- 640 IELTS- 8

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi ronny,
well, I'm not sure about the scholarships. none given out for this year, as far as i know. of course, there might be others who got them that i don't know about. the average gmat this year is around 650 from what i've heard. but the fact that you have been put on waitlist, plus your relatively longer work exp, you should get an acceptance. it shouldn't take too long for them to reply, since its april now already.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks doctord ....i have been put on waitlist ... what do u think my chances are for an admit and for scholarship ...my gmat is 610 ....5+ yrs exp

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Have accepted the offer from GW. No scholarships, but it is a reputable school. So going for it.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Digvijay, congrats on admits to so many colg's. Mason, Moore are good colleges, from the comments that I read on PG. other schools in ur list might also be good. However if you want to clear the confusion try to speak to the alumni or the current students. they will be the best people to guide you. also dont just go by the ranking or brand value. See whether the colg aligns with your goals. for eg, if you want to do finance then east coast might be a better choice. For IT, West coast... Facebook/orkut will help a lot in ur research .....

i got one more interview call from Uconn mba.

btw, lets connect on gmail, if u dont mind. my id - prasadlanizer@gmail.com ...
On Orkut I am available as Prasad Ligade. location : united states.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Digvijay ... My interview went similar to yours. If you have not got schol then i wont get either with my lower gmat score. they wil get back to me in 1 - 2 weeks. how soon did they communicate ur result? and yes, without schol it does not make any sense to join GW, with rel high cost of living in DC and high tuition fee. somebody told me that this colg attracts rich guys who dont mind the placements and CoL... rumour.

i have admits from syracuse, thunderbird (which i wont join). waiting for UIUC, Purdue and connecticut. howz it on ur side ?

Well, u may be lucky, who knows.. Urs interview may have gone better or i may have unknowingly messed up somewhere.. All d best..

I got my admit inside 3 days..

Yes same for me.. no way possible without scholarship.. will cost more than 50lacs..

and ur last last is something which i have heard also.. that being in washington it attracts such profiles.. it has great executive and part time program for the same reason i guess..

anyways i have many other admits, including full schol from tulane, and half from mason, carey and other admits with some schols from schulich, sauders, moore etc.. still to decide.. am confused.. i have weak financial background so will need to look at schols in the end..

and see the biggest irony, George washington has not given me any schol, while whereever else i have applied, i got not only admits but great schols.. lets see
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Digvijay ... My interview went similar to yours. If you have not got schol then i wont get either with my lower gmat score. they wil get back to me in 1 - 2 weeks. how soon did they communicate ur result? and yes, without schol it does not make any sense to join GW, with rel high cost of living in DC and high tuition fee. somebody told me that this colg attracts rich guys who dont mind the placements and CoL... rumour.

i have admits from syracuse, thunderbird (which i wont join). waiting for UIUC, Purdue and connecticut. howz it on ur side ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
6ktchamp Says
Whats the overall expenditure in MBA abroad?

Expenditure depends on lotsa factors -

how much is fee of school
how much are the living expenses in that place
how much scholarship or GA you have got

it may range from 10 lacs to over 50 lacs.. plan well dude
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...