The Frustrated Indian

2 Posts  ·  1 User
About this group
We are a country with screwed up priorities. One is not supposed to poke nose in the wrongdoings in the public sphere. So if I say, "Hey look, that guy parked his car in the middle of the road!" I hear "छोड़ ना, हमें क्या करना?" Someone says, ...
Page 1 of 1

Tonight, as you tuck your kids into their beds, kiss them goodnight and whisper a silent prayer of gratitude that they are safe!

In the morning, when they wake up, watch them like a hawk. Guard them like a ninja. Keep them safe. Don't ever be complacent. This is no longer a safe place for children.

There is nothing in the world as sacred, as pure and as fragile as a child's innocence. To forget that is to condemn ourselves to eternal purgatory!

I'm the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

We are a country with screwed up priorities. One is not supposed to poke nose in the wrongdoings in the public sphere.

So if I say, "Hey look, that guy parked his car in the middle of the road!" I hear "छोड़ ना, हमें क्या करना?" Someone says, "That is not the place to dump your garbage." And he too hears, "तुम्हें क्या करना?""यार वो उसकी पिटाई कर रहे हैं," "सड़क पे थूक रहा है," "कोई सड़क पे खून से लथपथ पड़ा है" The common quip is, "हमें क्या करना?"

BUT, when it comes to private lives... "पता है, शर्माजी के लड़के की तो लव मैरिज है," "वो पिछली गली वाले निगम जी की लड़की से मिलने रोज़ कोई लड़का आता है," You can keep waiting for "हमें क्या करना," but it'll never arrive. 😃

I'm the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.