The "Challenge" of getting a summer internship project

5 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
I have been trying to get a summer internship project for some time now. Emailing companies HR dept no end. Tried it with direct sources as well...but no result. I am pretty sure that there will be many more like me...needed some valuable advice f...
Page 1 of 1
I don't understand how you managed to gather 600 contacts....
can u plzz tell that.....

Ooopss..You have bumped into an two year old thread!

I am not very sure of you getting a reply!

Regards,

Spirit!!
The Only thing constant in Life-Change!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I don't understand how you managed to gather 600 contacts....
can u plzz tell that.....

I did my summers in Pantaloons retail ltd., Bhubaneswar in April-May 2006. But how i landed up in PRL is a long story.

From January, i started sending CVs and mails to various companies all over. I collected Mail Ids of HR mangers in various Cos and just spammed their mailbox. I must have collected around 600-700 mail IDs and must have sent them 3/4 reminders also. But out of the that i got only 2 appointments for an interview.

Then in Feb, i went to various companies in person before taking prior appointment in some cases, and asked for summer projects. I must have gone to about 10-12 companies. But i got a green signal from atleast 6 companies and offer from 3 companies. I didnt have any connection in any of these companies. I went on my own and talked to them.

So i guess, going there in person have a better probability of getting a offer.

Just make a list of comapnies where you want to do your summers. Drop in there and meet HR or any managers. Talk to them. They might even ask you to do a test project to judge your competencies. Do it sincerely. I was asked to do a small Market research first in Pantaloons. Only when i did and presented, was i offered a summer project.

But Mailing CV isn't a bad idea, if you have luck, you might get a offer after your tenth mail!!!

Visit Company sites also. Lot of Cos are clearly specifying the criteria and options about summer projects etc. Valuable info can be got from these sites. Try even job sites also. My fren got a summer project through Naukri..
So keep ur options open and if you have someone or have a contact, just use it...
good luck...

I am looking for Investment Banking as my option as a spl in 2nd year...

I have been trying to get a summer internship project for some time now. Emailing companies HR dept no end. Tried it with direct sources as well...but no result. I am pretty sure that there will be many more like me...needed some valuable advice from all you guys as to how we need to proceed from here...summer is approaching pretty fast now...
Will cold calling companies work?