The Books Exchange Program - NCR

19 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hello Everyone,This thread is for the Puys who love books and aims at helping them get books if they don't want to buy it. We all have some of our own books and some which we want to read. So, I thought why not post all the books you have here, so...
Page 1 of 2
quoting myself

I am quite surprised at the response on the thread 😃 To all who have PM'ed & otherwise, I'd be back in Delhi in around 6 months time...if my parents haven't chucked the whole lot out of the window till then, i'd post again ;)

P.S> sorry for not PM'ing back. it's easier sending info this way !

Wow!! How did I miss this post?! Books and Free!! . one hell of a combinations :D
When?, Where, What Time?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
quoting myself

I am quite surprised at the response on the thread 😃 To all who have PM'ed & otherwise, I'd be back in Delhi in around 6 months time...if my parents haven't chucked the whole lot out of the window till then, i'd post again ;)

Lets hope your parents do not throw away the lot and btw, if they do plan to do so, give us your address, i m sure one of the puys would definitely be standing under the window
I've got a book-problem at my place. Like you know in Zombie movies those zombies seem to turn up everywhere; same is with books..open the almirah, there's a shelf full of them; look under the bed, and there's a stash of them; the balcony has a section on them; even in my other flat...These things dont even have legs

You get the idea. Anyone interested in taking away this headache from me is welcome to contact 😃 I have a fair mix of new ones as well as plenty of old 50s-60s golden age sci-fi & 70s-80s action pulps in there as well

quoting myself

I've got a book-problem at my place. Like you know in Zombie movies those zombies seem to turn up everywhere; same is with books..open the almirah, there's a shelf full of them; look under the bed, and there's a stash of them; the balcony has a section on them; even in my other flat...These things dont even have legs

You get the idea. Anyone interested in taking away this headache from me is welcome to contact 😃 I have a fair mix of new ones as well as plenty of old 50s-60s golden age sci-fi & 70s-80s action pulps in there as well

Well guys, you don't need to exchange books, Quinty's giving 'em for free, lol! You won't find a more generous man on this planet, so rush, & grab whatever's left with him, though I doubt if there's any left at all!

Yes. As PSL said this is NCR thread. Lets take up Hyderabad exchange in a seperate thread. Myabe we should have a seperate Hydearbad community thread for all Hyd activities.

Btw, you have an interesting collection. We can see about a book exchange during the next Hyd meet. I have on offer for exchange :-
1. Built to Last
2. My experiments with truth
4. The Secret
5. Goal 1 & 2
6. Shogun
7. Lal Kitab
8. Jehovah beckons
9. Book of medecinal herbs

Have a much bigger collection. BUt its all in my home in Bangalore. May bring some more books when I go home.

There's aPg meet in Hyd being planned for 18th Aug or so. If ppl can make it we can discuss about it there.
Here is my list.
1. confession of an Economic Hitman
2. Winning by Jack welch
3. To kill a mocking bird.
4. Mayor of the Castor bridge by Thomas hardy
5. The return of the native by Thomas Hardy
6. 1984 by George orwell
7. Inside Outside by Ravindranath Tagore
8. Shantaram b gregory roberts
9. Pinjar (Hindi)
10. Adventures of sherlock homles
11. oliver twist
12. Roots by Alex haley
13. The human zoo by desmond morris
14. The vicar of wakefield by oliver goldsnith
15. Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire

And as my profile says I live in Hyd. So if any of you puys interested...

P.S. The books come with a Handle with care obligation

Yes. As PSL said this is NCR thread. Lets take up Hyderabad exchange in a seperate thread. Myabe we should have a seperate Hydearbad community thread for all Hyd activities.

Btw, you have an interesting collection. We can see about a book exchange during the next Hyd meet. I have on offer for exchange :-
1. Built to Last
2. My experiments with truth
4. The Secret
5. Goal 1 & 2
6. Shogun
7. Lal Kitab
8. Jehovah beckons
9. Book of medecinal herbs

Have a much bigger collection. BUt its all in my home in Bangalore. May bring some more books when I go home.
http://luciferhouseinc.blogspot.in/

Hey..:D

Thanks for the interest shown.. This thread did appear to be going unnoticed.
But - not sure if you're aware - this is a NCR Exchange thread (well, atleast it was intended to be:mg;) and for someone living in Hyd, the travelling alone would come out to quite a lot..:D

We could rename this to an 'All India' thread.. but don't think there are many takers anyway :|

cheers..

Here is my list.
1. confession of an Economic Hitman
2. Winning by Jack welch
3. To kill a mocking bird.
4. Mayor of the Castor bridge by Thomas hardy
5. The return of the native by Thomas Hardy
6. 1984 by George orwell
7. Inside Outside by Ravindranath Tagore
8. Shantaram b gregory roberts
9. Pinjar (Hindi)
10. Adventures of sherlock homles
11. oliver twist
12. Roots by Alex haley
13. The human zoo by desmond morris
14. The vicar of wakefield by oliver goldsnith
15. Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire

And as my profile says I live in Hyd. So if any of you puys interested...

P.S. The books come with a Handle with care obligation

@Scorpio

If u read the post above yours you would realise that exchanging books is not the only thing that is going to be done. And if u have ever done it you would understand the joy u get when u discuss ur fav books with someone who can understand what u r saying. So its not only exchanging , u meet new people and make new friends too.

Also, Ebooks are something u can get anytime anyday ( as u said, Googlable) but a true book reader would understand the difference b/w reading from a book in your hand and reading from the PC screen in front of you. That need not be explained.

@nihilist : Great thinking man, too good.

To Anyone Interested(and PSl and nihilist) : Just post your collection of books and lets take this thing further.