The big question - Why MBA?

2 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi, Why MBA? I believe this question needs to be answered at two stages. First when we are deciding to do an MBA and then in the interview/ essay. There is a separate thread that talks about the First apart. I am interested to know h...
Page 1 of 1
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi,

Why MBA? I believe this question needs to be answered at two stages. First when we are deciding to do an MBA and then in the interview/ essay. There is a separate thread that talks about the First apart.

I am interested to know how people have answered this question, Why MBA? in essay and interviews. Answers from people who have already done MBA or have an admit would be more useful.

My main motive behind this question is, many of us (includes me) at the heart of the heart want to do MBA to earn well. I am not sure if this will look good either in the essay or an interview. I want to frankly know how much truth to speak and how much to make up. In general I am a straight forward person. So I have to work enough before hand to tweak my lines.

Also I would like to know how much the idea of MBA for a career shift is appreciated at ISB and other international B Schools. I have 5 + years of experience in my field (which is related to Statistics). Now am thinking of a shift in career. Many MBAs told me I might have an advantage over others as I am from a different background. However, if I tell in the ISB interview that, I am looking for a career shift, will it negatively impact my case? My thinking says if I get an advantage as I am from a difference background I might screw up if I tell I want to leave it.

Please advise.

(In case there is already a thread please direct).
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.