The avg. percentile reqd. by the PWD (Physically Challenged) candidates to crack CAT?

11 Posts  ·  22 Users
About this group
Hi PGites: Greetings! I am physically challenged (PWD) candidate appearing for CAT '05\. I have few queries w.r.t. the same, kindly guide me... 1\. What is the minimum avg. percentile requirement for PWD candidates to get call...
Page 1 of 2

did anyone get thru this category this year(200...plzz share ur experience...(CAT SCORE, GD/PI EXPERIENCE, BACKGROUND)...
THNKS

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi puys...
I am a PWD CATEGORY student.
i gave CAT -2008 this sunday.
my scores are :-
Q: 21
DI :35
VA :0 ( as of now ; hoping for some miracle in actual result )
wht are the cuttoffs and can i expect a call from any OF THE IIM OR NITIE.

plzzhelp me guys...nobody is replying....
If i am a pd(physically disabled) category candidate...means if i apply in this category in CAT....can i get admission through general category....if i score good.....and are there seperate GDs for pd category candidates..??

Hi frustuatma,
It is not as easy as you think to get into IIMs through PH reservation..... In fact, I know a person in one of the IIMs ( I dont want to quote either the IIM or his name here ) who got through with 98.5 %le and above...Even myself fall under this category and even though i have applied for CAT 2005 in PH category, I dont think I will be able to make it to the IIMs with 90 and odd %-ile.... You have to compete with many of the people like us....... Work hard to prove the world "WE CAN ALSO DO IT"..........any more clarifications, i wud be very glad if you pm me in my yahoo.... All the best for your CAT 2005.

Mr. Frustu... go thru the rules of PG....Do use the specified font size etc...And don't be so impatient....Posting in Bold letters won't make people reply any faster....

Cheers,
Shiv(Bhonpu)

hey frustuatma, u seem to be living upto ur alias. The question you have asked is the worst way to embark on a project like CAT. I hope you get over this feeling very soon and look to work hard to get something.
I myself fall under this category and want to appear for CAT 2006. In fact you are giving a bad name to a community and no wonder the general belief is, that people with reservations are just opportunists and have no talent.
My advise would be to work as hard as you can and look to score as much as you can. The rest will be taken care of.

Still waiting to hear from you guys...

Ciao!!!
zero_in_on_me Says
u r not supposed to post ur e-mail id in the forum ... plz edit ur post .... send ur e-mail id thru pm

Hey zero

Sometimes back I realized that while reminding some people not to post their ids on the forum, I was quoting them and in fact, violating the rules of the forum(cos when you quote, the id gets reflected there... ). Buddy, you are also doing the same...Please edit your post also...

Cheers
Simple_Aspirant
hey..

contact me on yahoo my id. aneekarora

u r not supposed to post ur e-mail id in the forum ... plz edit ur post .... send ur e-mail id thru pm

Hi PGites:
Greetings!
I am physically challenged (PWD) candidate appearing for CAT '05.
I have few queries w.r.t. the same, kindly guide me...
1. What is the minimum avg. percentile requirement for PWD candidates to get calls from all the IIMs or at least one call from any one of the 6 IIMs???
2. If possible, pls. provide me the contact details of IIM alumni, who got thru in the PWD reservation category.
Pls. help me with the feedback on the above queries.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks & regards,
Ciao!
p.s. I am new to the forum, pls. correct me if I have posted the thread in the wrong forum.

hey..

ping me on yahoo my id. aneekarora

1 like