The Art of writing SOP

8,594 Posts  ·  52,826 Users
About this group
Hello Junta... :smiley: Hope u all had a great festival & now, its time to get back to those books!!! I have been getting a few anxious mails regarding Statement of Purpose - the hows/ the whats... Ya... have been kinda helping some ppl......
Page 1 of 860

TIME IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT! . Last few hours left ⏳ Make sure you register, if you haven't already! . Entheos III, 15th March 2020 . Registration link below https://dare2compete.com/o/entheos-30-delhi-school-of-management-delhi-technological-university-dsm-dtu-delhi-103455

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

I gave a short, poorly written and a very straightforward answer to "why MBA" in my IIM L form. Will it impact negatively during my PI?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Aspirants/Friends ,

- When I completed my MBA in 2018 from IIFT, my friends &  I planned to start a Video Blog about Marketing, Br.anding , advertising etc. 

- Few months back I have started this Video series/lectures about real time/latest marketing tactics & updates.

- I have got some really encouraging feedback about the same!

- Here is my latest episode. Also there are 8 more you can check on my channels.

(You can mail me on gunjan.dsolanki@gmail.com for discussion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahpWwuuEzk

Also you can join my community's whtsap group here:

http://bit.ly/2TriOJP

Video Thumbnail52687558277868
Gsolanki12
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey guys! I need a little bit help regarding my SOP. So i need a layout as in what to and not to mention in the SOP. 

1 like3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Abhyank.Srinet
@Abhyank.Srinet  ·  30 karma

3. Statement of Purpose

A statement of purpose is a document in your application from which you convey to the admission committee why exactly you want to do a degree in that field from their school.

Ideally, an SOP should have 5 paragraphs, with each one answering a question that the admission committee might have-

• In the first paragraph you need to give your background. This should have all the necessary information about your personal background and how or why you developed an interest in the particular academic field.
  • The second paragraph should be filled with your accomplishments in your academic or professional life, and should also have the challenges you faced and how you overcame them.
  • Next comes your career goals. In this you need to state where you see yourself after graduation and 5-10 years after your graduation. You also need to mention the skills and qualities you would require to achieve it.
  • Then comes the school specific information. Why the particular program and school and why now? What skills do you lack to achieve your goal and how would the school equip you with it? What intrigues you about the school? All this needs to be answer in this paragraph.
  • Finally, comes the conclusion. You need to state how you can contribute to the program that you are applying for from all the skills and information mentioned in the previous paragraphs and why this school this school is the right choice for you to conclude your SOP.

Your SOP should highlight your personality, skills and show that you can fit in the school all the while keeping the interest of the admission committee with your words and  following the points. If you need further help in understanding what all needs to be put in an SOP or if the information you have put is relevant or not visit MiM-Essay.com and check out the services offered to ensure that your SOP is perfect and worthy of an acceptance. You can also check out the specific blog for reference.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Ayush9136
@Ayush9136  ·  2 karma

@Abhyank.Srinet for FMS u gotta write a 250 word SOP, should i make five paragraphs for that?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can i mention an internship ,with deloitte that I left in between to prepare for CAT ,in sop?

I dont have any extracurricular activities, can I mention my interests for which i dont have certifications?

1 like2 comments
saipavanIIM
@saipavanIIM  ·  11 karma

If u have some proof to submit u can mention deloitte

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
saipavanIIM
@saipavanIIM  ·  11 karma

Yes you can mention,but be prepared for questions on the area slecred

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can i get some ideas for writing SOP for FMS

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In FMS Application form, there are two questions SOP and Career Goals... So should I include career goals in SOP or create SOP without career goals in it??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Pls evaluate someone :) 

SOP for FMS 

Post my engineering studies, I joined Bharti Airtel, through the 'Young Technical Leader' (YTL) program as a Senior Executive, Kerala Circle, in 2016. In May 2017, I was promoted as Assistant Manager, Radio Planning and was transferred to MP & CG circle.
My Job responsibility included formulating strategies for effective traffic handling, designing solutions for resolving capacity and coverage issues and managing vendor teams for timely implementation of proposed solutions. Often developing solutions, would require analyzing large volumes of data which would consume time and resources. My focus has always been on process improvement and developing innovative solutions for the problems, and therefore I started developing automation tools to increase efficiency. I was recognized for my performance in the corporate office and was awarded Kudos points in MPCG circle. Apart from network planning, I have worked with marketing and sales team to analyze device ecosystem and consumer usage behavior data and develop a strategy based on it. This cross-functional exposure has taught me the importance of thinking from different dimensions to the same problems to find a practical solution. Therefore, I feel that MBA will help me develop a holistic approach and a broader perspective. Also, an MBA will help me improve focus on quality, attention to detail, personal and professional presentation capabilities, all of which are essential qualities of a successful life. By pursuing an MBA from FMS Delhi, I hope to gain from the collective wisdom of an experienced faculty and a diverse peer group. 

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

SOP for FMS, Please evaluate  

When I completed my B.tech in Civil Engineering. I didn’t feel satisfied. I know that feeling was not good when you have completed your engineering. Although my Engineering degree has given a strong foundation to my analytical skills since civil engineering involves a lot of long, complex and intricate calculations and the application of basic math skills. But my interest is already started tilting towards management. It all started when I helped one of my old tuition teacher in setting up his own coaching centre, from that experience I learnt the importance of management skills, and later on I have started working part time with my father in his business, my role was to manage the service operators and look after the online promotion of the company with the help of digital marketing. In college I was also a part of the team for organizing technical festival. All of these various experiences inculcated my interest more towards management and now I have realized the importance of planning, dividing work among members, communication, monitoring and coordination. I now want to have a formal education in management from a top B-School like FMS. This will acquaint me with the world of business deeply and also expose me to more complex business problems through case studies, projects and with industrial interaction. Learning under the guidance of experienced faculty of FMS and in the company of peers from different educational background and cultural backgrounds would indeed widen my horizons and prepare me for the corporate world and for life too.     

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

FMS SoP Evaluation:

I want to grow in my career and hold high positions of management. This way I can contribute more usefully and make a bigger impact from the business perspective. A career in management will also help me in meeting my full potential.

After completing B. Tech in 2016,I was placed with Cognizant and worked there as a Programmer Analyst for nearly 2 years.During this period,I have learnt few aspects of Tech consulting and my focus have been shifted from a purely technical perspective to a business perspective. My work revolved in  making proposal for the clients ,matching the needs to the products they want to offer and their relevance . After  gaining  exposure  to  different  team  management  skills  and  having  formulated  the  strategy  task  assigned,  now  i  want  to  gain  sufficient  management  knowledge  thereby  serve  as  the  catalyst  in  the   growth  and  aspire  to  be  the  part  of  management  team.

I now want to do a full-time MBA from a top B-School such as FMS to gain wider exposure to all fields of management.This will also acquaint me with different sectors of the business world and expose me to real business problems through case studies, project work and interaction with the industry.  

Anyone kindly  evaluate.

The Watch has Ended | IIM Kashipur,MBA 19-21 |
1 like5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Mohit...
@Mohit...  ·  142 karma

Make the first paragraph as the last one and some more flow changes in the current 2nd para and you will be good to go

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Juan_94
@Juan_94IIM Kashipur  ·  669 karma

@Mohit... Will take note of that surely 😀Thanks!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...