Terry (Univ of Georgia) Fall 11 applicants

26 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
*Info:* Full-Time MBA Terry College of Business University of Georgia * Essays:* What are your short-term and long-term career goals? What position would you like to obtain immediately after completing your MBA? How has your work experience to...
Page 1 of 3

Has anyone other than thedarklard got an admit yet?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I submitted my application in December. Had my interview with Ms. Kerry Terrell on the 19th of Jan. Still awaiting a final decision :lookround:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi puys..

I had applied for R2.
Had my interview on 20 Dec..
Even mine was short.. around 20 mins..
Has any r2 applicant got the decision yet ??

thanks.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As far as releasing decisions is concerned, ad-com seem to stick to deadlines mentioned in website.

Rafa, I thought I had replied to you but unfortunately I lost connection.
Syracuse would give you the advantage of being near NY -- the epicenter of anything and everything. Even if you are not at cornell (Ithaca) or NYU, the virtue of being in NY will help you to make lotta networks IF you know how to make them (dun ask me...even I am learning this art!)

You can pretty much say the same thing about about northeastern (boston). However, this university needs to compete against the likes of Harvard, MIT, BU, Boston College. Talk about david vs goliaths!

But I like the way you are thinking; it is better to be close to the action. Just by the virtue of rankings of Terry in both US NEWS and business week, I can say that Terry is BEING rated on par with many other tier -II colleges. Syracuse and Northeastern aren't tier-II. Terry is considered a top Tier II by businessweek, and low tier-II by US news. (FT doesn't include Terry in the rankings. However, to give you a little perspective, even georgia tech is not considered by FT. Georgia tech is a very highly regarded program).

But the following factors are the most imp to consider;
-> Is the school strong in your preferred specialization (mine is ops, and terry is highly regarded for it)
-> Is the school pedagogy suitable for you (do you prefer case method -- harvard/darden, team -- kellogg, immersion -- cornell, georgetown, wisconsin, lectures -- wharton/columbia types)
-> Is the class and the type of students who study suitable for you? (individualistic, cooperative, competitive)
-> Is the school able to attract your dream/preferred companies?
-> Is the university atmosphere of your taste?
-> Is the school located in a good city?
-> Other finance factors-- scholarships/assistantships etc

Try to rate each of these points from 1 to 10 for each college your have admit for. Just go for the one which has the highest points?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey rafa,

Thanks for your revert. Doesnt terry have a location advantage as well? I would like to hear about the comparison with other two schools as well. I have applied to both.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey Darklord

Well, I was wondering, if you can throw some light on the Northeastern and Syracuse MBA. All of the schools, I've applied to, are pretty decent, but they lack the location advantage. These two schools have a good location, but I couldn't gather much info about their reputation. And, can you please compare them to Terry?

As for the admit, I think, getting an admit from both the schools should not be a problem.

Thanks and Regards

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey Ashrut

They were pretty standard questions-

Why MBA?
Leadership experience
Long term and short term goals

All of them were pretty standard, so no need to worry.

All the best

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey darkland,

I applied a week back. When will i hear from them? ne idea?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Rafa,

Pretty much the same time. 25 mins for me I think. But that coz I asked a few questions. All the best for your app.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey rafa,

I hope you get through... can you share ur questions??

Ashrut

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...