Tepper MBA Class of 2018 - Discussions and queries

81 Posts  ·  80 Users
About this group

Tepper Class of 2018 - Discussions and queries

Page 1 of 9

Tepper Current students are travelling to India over the winter break and will hold Tepper Meets and Greets. Do register here : https://apply.tepper.cmu.edu/portal/MBA-OffCampus?c=&zip=&country=IN

P.S. I will be conducting Bangalore and Kolkata meets.

Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys,

just wanted to know is there a group on FB for Tepper class of 2018? (full time MBA)

if yes, could anyone share the name of the group?

Many Thanks. 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

Want to hear about Tepper from Tepperonis who are breathing the experience right now, do join in by filling up this : 

https://apply.tepper.cmu.edu/portal/MBA-Virtual?id=287afea7-42ac-4a3f-8eb1-f2b23144e0dd

Tepper School of Business - Carnegie Mellon University, Class of 2017 - GMAT 760
2 comments
esoteric24
@esoteric24  ·  0 karma

Hello Kinjal,

just wanted to know is there a group on FB for Tepper class of 2018? (full time MBA)

if yes, could you share the name of the group?

Many Thanks. 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
kinji.at.pg1
@kinji.at.pg1Tepper Pittsburgh  ·  30,873 karma

Do you have an admit from Tepper? If you have adcom would have shared the link of the group along with the admit letter.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

As round 1 deadline is quite near, we wanted to help prospective Tepper students with their queries about Tepper. 

if you guys have any queries about Tepper and want an unbiased opinion, do fill out below form. We will try to answer the questions to best of our knowledge.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wL3dAK ... U/viewform

All the best for Tepper Round 1.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Puys and Pirls, if anybody has any query about Tepper admissions, do let me know. I am a current student at Tepper school of Business. I am part of 2 year full time MBA.

MBA Admissions

ESSAY QUESTIONS

There are two questions to help us get to know you better. In addition, we offer an optional essay if there is additional information you wish to share about your candidacy.

Essay 1 (Maximum 300 words)

• Describe a defining moment in your life. How has it shaped you professionally?

Essay 2 (Maximum 300 words)

• Based on your research and interactions, describe how your strengths contribute to the Tepper School community. How will you benefit from being a member of the Tepper School MBA program?

Round 1 Deadline - Oct 5th 11:59 ET

Round 2 Deadline - Jan 4th 11:59 ET

Round 3 Deadline - Mar 15th 11:59 ET.

For Indians, Round 1 and Round 2 make sense. So I will strongly suggest to apply for Round 1. 

Let me know if you have any queries for Tepper Admissions.

2 comments
live.liberated
@live.liberated  ·  0 karma

Hi! I have a GMAT score of 690, 3.5 years of experience working in diverse projects. Should i apply to Tepper?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
kinji.at.pg1
@kinji.at.pg1Tepper Pittsburgh  ·  30,873 karma

If you can differentiate your work ex, you can apply but with a caviar that your GMAT will be on lower side. All the best

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey everyone , I am planning to apply to tepper SOB, MSCF program.

· GMAT- 720  (Quantitative-49/79%, Verbal-40/91%, AWA: 5.5 & IR-3]

· B.E.in Electronics & Communication  Cumulative GPA -7.27                    o Course Highlights: Engineering Math I, II, III, IV, Calculus, Probability, Statistics,

o Management & Entrepreneurship, Intellectual Property Rights}

Skills: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project Manager 10, Matlab

Work Experience:

Finance Management Associate at Sankalp Associates                                                                        (July2012-July-2014)

· Ganesh Warehouse Project [Project worth 1.15Cr or $153,000]:

§ .

· Ramgharhi Canal lining: Construction of Cemented Canal Lining

[Project worth -6.5 Crore Rupees 0r $ 1,040,000 ] PWD M.P. State Govt.

Lead Event Manager for Insignia' 12, National level Event at SDMCET                     

[Project worth-4,000,000 rupees or $80000]

Tools/ Machines / Software used:

· Coding on the Xilinx platform and use of VHDL programming language.

· Use of two FPGA kits namely SPARTAN-3 and VIRTEX-5 kits and also the simulation on ISIM platform.

Extra curricular activities: national level swimmer,

presented various papers at national level events, head of student government.

Can any one please comment on my profile and if i have a chance of getting through tepper for the MSCF program. or is it just  completely out of my league...please any comments would be appreciated. 

Thank you very much.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey puys,

Does tepper provide non-cosignor loans or is it necessary to have an american cosignor?

any other ways to finance a tepper education,once admitted?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got admitted to Tepper with 10k scholarship/year 😃 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@W0nderW0man said:
@ivyctor2010 Thanks... As of now I need to decide between ISB and Tepper. Both has it's own advantages but picking one is a tough call..
I understand it can be a tough call. But I can help you get started. First of all divide your analysis in 4 parts as below:

1) Ranking - Take an average of FT, US News and any other pertinent ranking
2) Avg post-MBA Salary - What was average salary the last year
3) Placement-function - What % of jobs in your function did the school have last year
4) (COA-Scholarship) - COA means total cost of attendance, so COA subtracted by schol.

You may wish to add any other factors which are important to you.

A. Now rate/score both the schools ISB and Tepper on above 4 parameters.
B. You also need to rate the parameters on their importance for you and assign each parameter a weight.
C. Now you need to calculate the weighted score for each of the school. (you will need to normalize the scores i.e. bring them to a certain level for example salaries may be in 10000s but rankings are below 100)

Once you get the weighted score for each of them you will have a simple comparison in front of you.

While this exercise will just throw up two numbers to you and by itself is not a sufficient criteria to decide it will give you a way to organize your decision process. Such analysis may take in 10s of factors and go into much more complexity but this simplistic analysis will atleast get you started and prevent you from making rumor based or emotional decisions. As they say "The moment you toss the coin, and the coin is in the air, you already know the answer."
Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy Download Mobile App to avail free counseling from Alumni http://bit.ly/1zNtRLi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@ivyctor2010 Thanks... As of now I need to decide between ISB and Tepper. Both has it's own advantages but picking one is a tough call..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...