Temple University, Fox Business School MBA 2010 Admits !

16 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hi, I have got admit from Temple University, Fox Business School for Full Time MBA starting Fall 2010. I have offers from a few more B Schools from USA and UK. But I am planning to join Fox. Is thre anybody else who got admit from Fox and ...
Page 1 of 2
@MKS9425094005 Hi MKS
I have got an admit for Fox Business School for this Fall.I also have admits from SUNY Buffalo and Whitman ( Syracuse University). What would your advice for me be ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi 2006onwards,

I've an interview tomorrow for the Fox Full time MBA. Can you share your interview experience? What questions were you asked?

Hi shruti787,

Extremely sorry. Apparently I'm not too frequent on pagalguy. I thought they send emails if someone replies to your post. I guess I'm still new to this. But now I know better.

I hope your interview went well. Do share the result and what you've decided.

I apologise once again.

-J
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi 2006onwards,

I've an interview tomorrow for the Fox Full time MBA. Can you share your interview experience? What questions were you asked?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Cool..Contratulations !!
You can write me at mahesh.sharma@temple.edu, or call me at +1 215 554 4466.

MKS

hey MKS,

Thanks for the detailed information. I got an acceptance from a couple of other colleges, but I've decided on Fox and I have submitted the acceptance letters. Could you let me know what are the rest of the formalities that need to be done ? I also need to find accommodation once I reach Philadelphia. Do you know any seniors who will be looking out for room-mates from the Fall term ? If you could provide me your mail or contact number I could talk to you directly

Thanks in advance

-J
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey MKS,

Thanks for the detailed information. I got an acceptance from a couple of other colleges, but I've decided on Fox and I have submitted the acceptance letters. Could you let me know what are the rest of the formalities that need to be done ? I also need to find accommodation once I reach Philadelphia. Do you know any seniors who will be looking out for room-mates from the Fall term ? If you could provide me your mail or contact number I could talk to you directly

Thanks in advance

-J

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@J

My experience in Fox has been phenominal. It is a great business school. My first year of studies has transformed my knowledge level and has boosted enormous confindence in me. I would recommend Fox. However, I think your decision on whether to accept the offer from Fox or not should be based on relative terms rather than absolute.

If you have got offer only from Fox, then go for it without any second thought. If you have other offers as well, then it will be your best bet to compare all the offers, talk to current students from all schools, compare them based on their rankings, job prospects, average salary, city, tuition fee etc, and choose the school that fits best for you. If you let me know which other offers you have, I can give you my advise.

Philadelphia is an expensive city, and you will have to set aside $800 minimum for your total monthly expenses. Center city is a good area to stay, there are lot of Indians as well.

Temple University is the biggest university in Philadelphia area, and there are lot of part time job opportunities for students. I cover all my monthly expenses by doing part time job in university.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Utsav
Apologise for late response. For some reason, pagalguy doesn't notify me of any new post in this thread. And, due to busy schedule, I rearely come here.
I think first deadline for applying to Fox MBA is 15th March. So, if you havn't applied yet, you need to hurry up. Fox admissions office looks for overall package in a candidate. Though your GMAT and work ex looks decent (I have classmates with 640 GMAT range and 3 year IT work ex.), your extracurriculars, academics and quality of experience you will bring to the class will make or break the deal for you. If you are good in academics and extracurriculars, and you apply before first deadline, I think you hold decent chances of getting admitted.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey MKS,

How's your experience in Fox for the last one year ? I've got an admit for the full time Fox-MBA for fall 2011. Any advice on if I should accept? How do you manage you stay, travel and other living details ? Are you able to support your expenses by working part-time ? And if so how easy is it to get one ?

-J

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi MKS,

I hail from Delhi, working with Accenture. I am planning to apply to FOX for Fall 2011..
Kindly tell me what are the chances of getting thru the college.
GMAT:640
Work Exp: 3 years (2 years IT, 1 year management trainee)

Utsav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I apologize for delayed response. I do not come to pagalguy quite often. Moreover, I don't get any automated emails as well. Here are my response to the questions asked -

Does Fox school give any scholarships ?
Yes, Fox school gives scholoarships. The scholarships are merit based, and are limited. So, if you are looking for scholarship, it will be your best bet to apply as early as possible. If you GMAT is above 680, you hold good chances of getting a decent scholarship.

Can you give me the placement stats of the college ?
Though US economy has come out of recession, job market is improving very slowly. The placements and average salaries of all the US colleges have declined, and Fox school is no exception.
Unlike other top schools, the class size in this school is very small (30-35 students). So, usually placements are 100%. Fox school is based in Philadelphia, where wages are lower as compared to New York and California. Thus, the average salary is slightly lower than other top B schools. Though salaries depend on the industry and your previous work experience, the average is somewhere around 85,000 USD, with range from 70k to 125k (these are not exact figures, for getting the exact statistics, please visit the Fox website).

MKS can you please post your brief profile here.
My profile before joining Fox was -
Work Experience: 4.5 Years
Industry: IT
Companies worked with: Satyam, HCL, Microsoft
GMAT: 690
Extracurricular: Decent

Have you got any scholarship?
Yes I got a very decent scholarship.

How would Fox MBA be for finance concentration?
Fox's Finance department is very good. There are some world renowned faculties in Finance department, and lot of students do concentration in Finance. The MBA program offers concentration in Investment Finance and Corporate Finance.
Fox is also considered very good in MIS and International Business.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...