Temple- fox 2012 fall applicants

26 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hey, Applicants to the Full time Fox MBA program for fall 2012... Pleas share your profiles. If there is a thread already kindly post the link:cheerio:
Page 1 of 3

Hi Shantanuherleka,

I have got a interview call from fox from 2013 fall.... I see from the postings that you joined Fox in 2011... can you please give some interview tips...
1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

and @shantanuherleka Have you taken up Fox ? Where are you studying right now

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@shantanuherleka I was refering to Fox school

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey kartik, its around 70-75k, all depends on schols.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@shantanuherleka Hi Shantanu
What was your Tuition cost for 2 years put together ? Did you mean 60k $ for Tuition fees for 2 yrs ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
SS1987 Says
I'll be applying for it..Got exactly a week for submission..I'll hope for the best..In case I've any queries I'll mail them to you..Pls send your mail ID to me over PM..Just found that even you are from Bangalore..Good to know that..If things work out positively we might end up there 😃 Any idea about the subjects covered in the second yr for marketing? Also how can we contact students from FOX or any other university?Are there any specific threads here? I'm just a day old on this forum..How would you compare FOX with Thunderbird?

There are no specific threads.. Alumni/current students are either part of the app thread or you can get their contact through school websites..I do not have much idea about thunderbird.. so it wouldnt be fair that I compare them.. Its best you contact current students/alumni from thunderbird..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Well I think you should give it a try, its certainly worth an attempt. Joining or not is upto you.. As of now this is the only admit I have and I think the offer is good enough for me. I am looking forward to join.. Hope to see you there.. if you have any more queries you can always pm or mail em to me.. I dont keep frequenting to pagalguy that often now since I have an admit.. Hope this helps

Cheers,
Shantanu

I'll be applying for it..Got exactly a week for submission..I'll hope for the best..In case I've any queries I'll mail them to you..Pls send your mail ID to me over PM..Just found that even you are from Bangalore..Good to know that..If things work out positively we might end up there 😃 Any idea about the subjects covered in the second yr for marketing? Also how can we contact students from FOX or any other university?Are there any specific threads here? I'm just a day old on this forum..How would you compare FOX with Thunderbird?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Thanks for that info Shantanu..I've been in the IT field now for over 2.7 yrs..As you know the chance of gettin a leadership position for this experience is difficult in the IT industry..My idea is to get into marketing first and then slowly move into the higher management..Since FOX have not discussed the subjects under International Biz or Marketing its a little difficult to pick between the two..How would you evaluate my chances based on the info I've shared? Any other admits you've received? U'll be joining FOX surely or wait for few other results?

Thanks for the info you've given till now..Its been a great help..

Well I think you should give it a try, its certainly worth an attempt. Joining or not is upto you.. As of now this is the only admit I have and I think the offer is good enough for me. I am looking forward to join.. Hope to see you there.. if you have any more queries you can always pm or mail em to me.. I dont keep frequenting to pagalguy that often now since I have an admit.. Hope this helps

Cheers,
Shantanu
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Sorry was held up with work..ermm i think you should consider your area of interest before deciding between the two..I am a second generation entrepreneur.. Have a good base setup up by my father.. we have come up with certain goals for the company within a certain span.. to achieve this I chose marketing.. the business is basically about marketing... About placements.. When I spoke to the alumni what he said was.. See temple is not in the ivy league so you obviously wont be presented with a job on the platter.. You need to do a bit of work and certainly there is the alumni and the placement cell to provide assistance.. with your efforts it should not be that difficult.. I have given interviews for notredame, smeal, fox and utah..

regarding workex.. I worked in CTS for a year as a trainee and then joined my dads business.. currently working from past one year in the responsibilities of a director and have had a good exposure to the management aspects of business..

Hope this helps..Sorry for the late reply.. was held up with work..

Thanks for that info Shantanu..I've been in the IT field now for over 2.7 yrs..As you know the chance of gettin a leadership position for this experience is difficult in the IT industry..My idea is to get into marketing first and then slowly move into the higher management..Since FOX have not discussed the subjects under International Biz or Marketing its a little difficult to pick between the two..How would you evaluate my chances based on the info I've shared? Any other admits you've received? U'll be joining FOX surely or wait for few other results?

Thanks for the info you've given till now..Its been a great help..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Good to know they roll out scholarships..I'm thinking of applying for the March 1st deadline..Still in two minds..I've a similar profile as urs in terms of GMAT and Toefl..Got 2.7yrs of work ex in IT as of now..Bit confused between International Business and Marketing..
Any specific reason you chose marketing? Any inputs on the teaching for International Biz and Marketing that you could collect from the 2011 passout?
How good are the placements for International students? And i've come across this line "Placements depends on your ability to network"..Could you pls explain a little more about this?
Any other univ ur aiming or got admits from?

Sorry was held up with work..ermm i think you should consider your area of interest before deciding between the two..I am a second generation entrepreneur.. Have a good base setup up by my father.. we have come up with certain goals for the company within a certain span.. to achieve this I chose marketing.. the business is basically about marketing... About placements.. When I spoke to the alumni what he said was.. See temple is not in the ivy league so you obviously wont be presented with a job on the platter.. You need to do a bit of work and certainly there is the alumni and the placement cell to provide assistance.. with your efforts it should not be that difficult.. I have given interviews for notredame, smeal, fox and utah..

regarding workex.. I worked in CTS for a year as a trainee and then joined my dads business.. currently working from past one year in the responsibilities of a director and have had a good exposure to the management aspects of business..

Hope this helps..Sorry for the late reply.. was held up with work..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...