teaching as work ex

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
im a fresh graduate out of engineering college . im in this state of confusion as to what my next step should be . im have very good acads . i have decided not to take cat as i thought without any work exp that would not be of great help . i jus...
Page 1 of 1

Of course it's always better to have experience, & beter to have something than just a "gap".
I think it's upto you, how you convince adcom about various experience & exposure you had during teaching, I know you can be part of many initiatives college takes.
& Ultimately if you want to be the teacher, & you love teaching, nothing else matter

I earlier thought you've foreign MBA oriented question. But later realised it's Indian based query.

Moderators should move this thread to relevant area

GMAT Blog http://gmat.amrute.me
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi river, I have been teaching in an engineering college from the last 26 months. Last year I appeared for SNAP and FMS and got 86.45 marks and 100 percentile repectively. During the intervies I felt that the interview guys doesn't seems to be impressed by the idea of being in teaching profession. Though it is not underdog..but if u compare with other profession u may feel that teaching doesn't give a feel-good factor. this year I am agin for IIMs and I asked to many coaching institutes about teaching experience..they said that it doesn't put any negative effect during interview but it will put considerable effect on the discipline like teaching is considerable for HR but not for marketing, finance etc... also later during campuses you may face any problem....but it is better to have something instead of just a gap. Also it depends on how u justify ur experience during interview.....after where there is a will there is a way....
U try asking directly to some coaching institutes in ur area or directly to b-schools.....al the best.....b free 2 write me...

Rakesh Das, DANICS 2015
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

im a fresh graduate out of engineering college . im in this state of confusion as to what my next step should be . im have very good acads .
i have decided not to take cat as i thought without any work exp that would not be of great help . i just donot want to read for reading sake . i have great interest in teaching. so i wanted to ask if teaching in an istitute can be specified as work experience for the b school admissions or not . and one more question out of curiosity if someone starts a small business lik a tution point for 2 yrs can that be taken as work experience.

thankuu in advance!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...