Teach For India Movement

112 Posts  ·  387 Users
About this group
*Teach For India,* a project of Teach To Lead, is a nationwide movement of outstanding college graduates and young professionals who will commit two-years to teach full-time in under resourced schools and who will become lifelong leaders working f...
Page 1 of 12

Got confirmation...Delhi... Cohort 2018 Anyone else ??

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
jaiswalapoo
@jaiswalapoo  ·  34 karma

Mine was too on 22nd april. I received my confirmation email on 25th april... However i have known them to send rejection emails as well unless you are on the waiting list for some reason. Where was your assessment?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
RobertZane
@RobertZane  ·  6 karma

Mine was in Pune

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is this group only for 2016-17 fellows?

pam_g
1 comment
LeoN88
@LeoN88  ·  0 karma

I'm an alumni, let me know if you're looking for something in particular.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

About Love, Reality, Marriages, Casteism.. Especially for SC/ST. This post is made for mass-education -

(Stark.. Eye-opening.. Shocking.. and lengthy.. :P If you're an intellectual.. Trust me it's worth it)

Love? Alright, let's start with love, can it be explained by any means.. No, not a chance - for it can only be felt. And does it really transcends all the dimensions of time and space?

Well, not so much. The reality is stark.. it's a different story altogether. Origin matters.. Perception matters.. A lot matters in the real world..

Let's say how many from the General population are in a relationship with an SC/ST. If any.. how many will be able to tie the knot with that person. Statistics are dismal - at best 1 in 10,000 Generals marries an SC, and in some areas it goes to 1 in 1,00000.

In case of men.. Even if an SC guy is earning well, is an IAS or investment banker - there will always be hindrance in marrying a desired person of the general caste. Parents of a girl, will never give their daughter to an SC - badnaami hote hai society me, they say.. In most cases, unless the financial circumstances are extremely bleak, the daughter isn't getting marriage proposals, she is ready to elope or threatening suicide, or any other major issues - a general will never give her daughter to an SC. That's a fact.

About girls, they will never end up marrying their crush/love/match from the general caste, the guy will use them as a scratch-post only to marry some general. Even if he wants, his parents won't. And sometimes, even with so called broad-minded people, there happens to be ideological conflicts, for people are hardwired to think from their own level of perception. Point of reference differs in this case. And so does the outcome.

Most SC girls that I've seen marrying a guy in private sector, manages so because they are working.. And the guy is money-minded. Well, that's not love, and not worth a penny. If it's about money.. What will stop that man from doing a Megan fox on an office trip. And if that doesn't matter.. what else does?

So, just because you're working in Google.. and got a general boyfriend.. Most probably, it doesn't mean he loves you for who you are.. Bleak chances of that. And your life is a lie, if you fell for this. Crudely put.. marrying only for the sake of money.. shows the character of a man.. As a matter of fact, even prostitutes earn money in bed.. but life is about respect too.. It's more about living than earning..

So, my implication is that - life is literally gruelling for people from lower castes in India.. And love-life, even worse.

All of us wants a partner to be with. Nevertheless for an SC, it's futile to have an affair with a general, for as soon as he/she get to know of your caste, you'll be ditched.. or may be abandoned later on, after getting used... So, unless one is interested only in getting laid and can't resist being single - it's not worth to have a shallow relation with no ends. Until some major changes are brought, and equality is achieved - the status quo shall remain as it is. So, with reference to the present times, being mindful really matters in this regard. In more than 99.99% of the cases, a so-called backward-caste person ends up with someone of his/her caste only, after getting involved with different people - and eventually failing to sustain anything.

So, it's futile to expect long lasting relationship elsewhere. Better look for someone from your own roots, or at least wait for that person - if it's a forever sort of love or a genuine bonding that you seek.

Apart from marriages, I must tell you exactly what happens.. An SC can't get a room on rent in most places - in case people know of his caste. So, he lies... And will rarely tell unless people ask him so. Moreover, money helps in buying lands and flats but not the acceptance. And even those few bucks are a gift of reservation.. No SCs were land-owners or Kings of anywhere. Crudely put, as soon as you sit in a bus.. The 3rd question of most indians is - kya ho aap? Kya caste hai.. Sadistic is the word!

Such kids in schools, are bullied.. Boycotted.. and teased in majority of the places.. Depression and low-esteem is common this way - sooner or later in life. Let's say if going to temple is allowed somewhere in rural.. There are million others where it's not.. Even in private sector, employers if get to know the caste early or later - perceive the person as inefficient. So, obviously he gets special treatment at all places.

And Yes, people curse reservation.. I mean really? Well, it's not a poverty alleviation policy - it's meant to bring social-balance. To offset.. what's already there. So, reservation on the basis of economic condition is as futile an argument as Kohli claiming the Wimbledon..

People say.. Merit is at loss, the deserving are at loss... And wealthy SCs are getting richer.. They shouldn't avail reservation. I say.. Why not? After all how many SC are Ambanis or big names in any of the realms you know of. Let them grow, let them be rich, until a stage of sociological balance is reached. If you dig deeper.. these already successful ones are the first or second of their generation.. And the rest of their relatives still live in mohallas. Rarely any NGOs visit there.. And these people get inspired from the former. That's how it works.. Let there be a Sonkar become a Tata first..

Yes, there should be a few changes.. Now that awareness is approaching.. Cutoffs are coming closer.. The scenario shall be properly analyzed.. For example, the 50% general seats shouldn't be shared with others categories - and these brackets should be made exclusive for each caste. The census is imperative. I doubt, for these 50% seats there is even 30% general population in India. That must be dealt with, and government shall take care of the statistics. Presently, even after some of the UR seats are taken by the other categories, as per a research paper -more than 35-40% is secure for the UR - including jobs&education

(Graduation/PG).

As other castes are able to penetrate into approx. 10-15% of UR seats at best. Just remove this bracket, and watch the 25-30% General/forward caste grabbing almost 90% seats of the country.. Dalit being kicked like before, lalas being the lala, strong becoming stronger, weak getting weaker.. And actually that's where the flaw is. By population.. Generals are not 90%.. Still at the schools.. Malls... Fitness centres.. and at all the goody goody places why everyone is general? Think about it, I know your mind will refuse to digest the fact so most of you will simply ignore.. After all this shakes your very existence. This shall be visible in your comments. Psychology is supreme.. what else.

And yes.. as far as OBCs are concerned.. Get all data in the world, nothing can prove them being socially-oppressed.. To be precise, they are at par with generals.. But still generals have almost nil hatred towards them? Why so... Aren't they taking any seats. It's simply generals have been hating SCs for ages, it's because reservation exists because of discrimination.. And discrimination doesn't exist because of reservation. That's the ultimate truth..

The hardworking candidate who's hurt because of a lower merit guy getting selected must note that things are not the same for both of them. Call it differnt dimensions.. There's constant struggle.. Constant hits.. Trauma.. Hatred.. And lot more that an SC has to face in his life sooner or later.. A general won't know that. He has no clue of it. So, things shall continue until all the cutoffs comes in vicinity. Until there is strength.. there is respect.. and some big corporate names around. And such changes shall definitely take some time.

As far as critical operations are considered, there is no reservation in Army.. And if you consider supreme court.. Do check the number of SCs. Moreover, Medical field can also be included this way.. Due to nature of the work. That was about efficiency.. However, let there be humanity first..  

And to all those SCs/STs availing quota, getting your food... your homes... your marriages and children.. from reservation - and cursing reservation, trying to emphasize with the generals without having a complete knowledge of the situation. Actually you people are the undeserving ones.

Alright, some of you live in a sophiscated culture.. hide your caste for the reasons you know of, and refuse to acknowledge your identity. It's completely okay in order to survive at times, but you're afraid of standing with those from your own roots, and you don't emphasize with your roots. That sounds weak, that sounds sick... To be precise, most of you are brainwashed by the culture.. by the marketing.. by the coaching-institutes.. by your icons.. heard of people like Akash Gautam.. Chetan Bhagat.. They all curse reservation.. So, they must be right.. isn't it?

But let me tell you a gospel truth.. Who are these people?

All the aforesaid are run by whom? Well, they are all Generals..

Got that.

You miserably try to appear for an exam as an UR candidate.. feeling that a reserved seat ain't worth it - and that claiming a general seat will be worthwhile. And that ends up with? You being critized for taking an UR seat, while you could have claimed your own.. But either way, if you're at par.. the outcome is same - generals condemning you.. no matter which seat you take. People will always have biases against you..

That's the truth.

That education, that culture you're feeling comfortable in - comes from your parents - probably the first/second of their generation to avail quota.. or may be not so. But, you do not have the authority to curse your bread and butter.. or that of others who're concerned - in case you're a sensible human being. Acknowledge the truth.. You will never be amongst them. Your attempts to appear a general are superficial.. Just that, no matter what you do to ensure your survival and live a peaceful life, know that Reservation is right.. Even if your 100% circle, all your cool friends say it's wrong.. That doesn't make it wrong.. If you're rich, and feel like you don't need it - still avail it... become richer.. make a name out of yourself.. Or do not.. Run your own business, do something else. I'm sure none of you is that rich! And rich is a far cry, "at best" you folks might be upper-middle class. So, stay on the ground.. simply humble. Even if you've never availed reservation, that doesn't change anything.. and that doesn't make you one of the Forwards. You'll always be betrayed when you least expect.. So, don't get flowed by the negativity and social pressure all around. Rather try to make your people proud.

I'll be blunt honest here! If someday there's Civil war.. and a separate country is demanded by the oppossed.. Where will you people go? No matter what you do, no matter you avail reservation or not.. no matter how much support you have. No matter what is your financial status. Crudely put.. generals won't keep you.. Rise above! And never feel ashamed of yourself. 

Lastly, if you won't understand the pain of your people, who else will.

Understand that.

PS - I know, like everywhere.. More than 90% will be generals over here. You people shall outright abuse if I indulge in a discussion, or even without it. So, I'll not comment further.

Go on.

Reality check
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, who all got final selection call out of those who had their final assessment on 20th Mar @ Mumbai?

1 comment
krutikajain
@krutikajain  ·  0 karma

I haven't heard from them yet.Sneha got a call. What about you?? 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Will I get any certificate or proof if I quit the fellowship after one year?

1 comment
TeachForIndia
@TeachForIndia  ·  0 karma

No. The Fellowship is a two year full-time committment and if one of our fellows decides to leave midway we cannot provide them with a certificate.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How long will I have to wait to receive the result of the final assessment? I had my PI on 19th and then there are 2 non-working days in this week. When should I expect it to come out?

2 comments
rahulkedia0204
@rahulkedia0204  ·  1 karma

It can take between 2-10 days..so in Your case expect it anytime before this month ends

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mansi.koshyari
@mansi.koshyari  ·  0 karma

@rahulkedia0204 Thank you. 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Got through!! Delhi!!

Anyone else?

12 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 12
mitaliiii
@mitaliiii  ·  2 karma

Sure. Thankss☺

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
shahan.ambadi89
@shahan.ambadi89  ·  0 karma

@mitaliiii My AC was on 13th. Did u get the final result ???

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How many days does it take to publish the results of final assessment?

6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
fayha
@fayha  ·  0 karma

selected 😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
angelfromthesky
@angelfromthesky  ·  130 karma

@fayha congos :)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I have almost 7yrs experience in corporate HR role.i wanted to seek opinions on whether it is advisable to quit a well paying job to take up the TFI fellowship.i understand it's altruistic cause and the purpose it serve for the 2yrs you are with the org but does it help in the long run if you plan to come back to corporate ?what are the career prospects after the fellowship

1 like1 comment
angelfromthesky
@angelfromthesky  ·  130 karma

You can jon TFI as a Staff member/Social Sector Development/Corporates/Social Entrepreneurship/Higher studies

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How do i prepare lesson plan for 5 minute class? can someone please elaborate on the activities of final assessment day?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...