TCS vs MBT

8 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
hi guys i recieved an offer from both TCS and MBT abd now i m a bit confused.......which one to opt for moreover i also wanna go abroad and have heard that tcs has got many projects outside india. I dont know anything about MBT(Mahindra british te...
Page 1 of 1
navkant Says
work quality is good with less work load.. (al stats confirmd 4m my cniors curr workin in TCSL)

Dude that depends on your destiny . I have friends who work 8hrs a day government style while some ppl like me slog out for 12 hrs everyday . I am working in TCS since 1.5 yrs. PM me for doubts if you have.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

me too recruitd in TCSL..u shud go 4 TCSL coz its a lot more bigger company than MBT with lotsa options n other benefits.v ve a better trainin n work quality is good with less work load.. (al stats confirmd 4m my cniors curr workin in TCSL)

without any second thought join TCS for the foll. reasons:

1. Onsite opportunity is more
2. First salary hike is far better than MBT(if u are a fresher)
3. Brand name
4. You dont have to clear those irritating tests failing which will result in your termination
5. TCS has a wider range of projects operating in different domains.

And you know, nowadays there are lots of ppl waiting in the queue. So, don't select TCS just for onsite.

You got it right . This is the case with almost all indian software companies. Previously they used 60 onsite == 40 offshore ( India) model but all are shifting to 20 onsite == 80 offshore. So don't join any company just for the sake of going onsite , you'll regret it.

If you plan to go for an MBA within the next couple of years, opt for TCS. You can indeed change project if you want(it is possible though it is sometimes difficult). Where is your TCS training scheduled? Trivandrum??

If you have plans for MBA after 2 years (or an Exec MBA), go for MBT and earn money. Just to unravel a myth abt TCS, there are talks here to reduce onsite, offshore ratio. And you know, nowadays there are lots of ppl waiting in the queue. So, don't select TCS just for onsite.

Cheers,
Ashok.

Hi Nav,

In my opinion TCS is better than MBT.I am in TCS so i'll comment on that part. I assume that ur going for MBA .

Adv of TCS

-- good brand name , decent pay and good training

-- You'll have a good variety of projects ( although u can't chose them)

-- In some projects ,work is less so good for studying in MBA

Disadv

-- If your luck is bad then u might endup in some projects where u'll have to slog ur a*s off

-- Bond of 2 years for fresher ( negotiable if u r leaving for higher studies)

I am just highlighting the pros and cons. ATB

If u r a fresher then salary wise definitely MBT is good,But TCS send Onsite quickly so u can earn in $ which ll not only compensate this loss but u ll be in benefit monetarily,In MBT u ll get Telecom Project But in TCS u have lots of choices,TCS good in Finance...TCS Training is good than MBT....Ake some people more I am Fresher recruited in Synte Inc...Do IM me.tke care Bye

hi guys i recieved an offer from both TCS and MBT abd now i m a bit confused.......which one to opt for moreover i also wanna go abroad and have heard that tcs has got many projects outside india. I dont know anything about MBT(Mahindra british telecom) could anyone suggest me that in where are better chances for growth...