TCS & INFY queries

27 Posts  ·  21 Users
About this group
hi all, me a new user on pagalguy.. :: I wanted to ask some queries regarding TCS an INFY regarding position of soft. engg. after B.Tech for a fresher..... Is the pay package same during training and job at INFY ? Is there any possibi...
Page 1 of 3
Im a 2009 passout...will join infy next month....my friends who joined last month have training for 7.5 months....so it should be somewhat same for you too

'training and performance incentives' are probably linked to ur performance....not sure though

Hi All,
Training and Performance Incentives(TPI) is based on ur performance in Training...
5.0/5.0 pointer will get approx 3200 + 1000 (bonus)Rs pm
>4.95 and >4.5 and >4.0 and
This TPI will be applicable for 1 year only(till u r in probation)
Then it will depend upon ur project performance.....
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@ gautam_kanu..
hey i wanna knw more bout the tcs ncr and other offices!! m yet to join this year and thats y looking forward to have some more info regarding the office work and projects availablity....
well u didnt really mention ya mail id... else would have mailed u.....

Teh training and Performance incentive is based on grades you get in your exams during training. There are bands for GPA like
4.9+
4.75-4.9
4.5-4.75
and something like that

Difference is not much to start with (maybe 500/mth) but as you progress your previous performance is taken into consideration. But don't worry, at end of three years you'll earn same as a fresher does coz these mass recruiting companies are *%*% at valueing exp employees.
If you plan to work in Infosys for more than 3 yrs w/o a chance of onsite you are a fool (like i am)

But do remember be it TCS/Infy/Wipro..luck matters 80% of time. u may have 5 GPA but you may do stupid documentation in India. but a 4 GPA guy may be having all fun in Vegas/Swiss alps/London.
That is the bitter truth....all you need is luck to grow in such companies. Hard work rarely pays ( depends on your managers, and good managers are rare)
Infy is a great firm but don't come with astronomical expectations here. you'll increase your frustration only.

perfectly answered 😛 But i should say this that work may be anything you can move vertically and horizontally in infosys . Though it wont be a piece of cake for you to change your domain but yes there are processes defined following which you can try to change your domain . I found most of the people in infosys smart and intelligent without work of their worth but the pedagogy at infy rocks.. you have all the resources to learn anything you want to and people will help you out .
hi, just came to know that INFY training procedure for a 2010 fresher will be of
1 year duration...is it true ????
what is the amount normally achieved in the clause "Training and Performance Incentive " after the training period ???

Teh training and Performance incentive is based on grades you get in your exams during training. There are bands for GPA like
4.9+
4.75-4.9
4.5-4.75
and something like that

Difference is not much to start with (maybe 500/mth) but as you progress your previous performance is taken into consideration. But don't worry, at end of three years you'll earn same as a fresher does coz these mass recruiting companies are *%*% at valueing exp employees.
If you plan to work in Infosys for more than 3 yrs w/o a chance of onsite you are a fool (like i am)

But do remember be it TCS/Infy/Wipro..luck matters 80% of time. u may have 5 GPA but you may do stupid documentation in India. but a 4 GPA guy may be having all fun in Vegas/Swiss alps/London.
That is the bitter truth....all you need is luck to grow in such companies. Hard work rarely pays ( depends on your managers, and good managers are rare)
Infy is a great firm but don't come with astronomical expectations here. you'll increase your frustration only.

Guyz,
If anyone is interested in TAS (Tata Administrative Services) In-house selection, then you need at least 2 years of work-ex in any Tata company with best internal appraisal grades. There is a maximum age restriction of 27 year to be applicable for TAS. WHich means- you will have to complete your 2 years of work-ex before you become 27 years old.

I thought to add this info here, as after working for a couple of years, few of you might be interested in TAS, and then you should not regret your decision.

For more info on TAS, visit TAS 2010 thread.

I have also heard that you get subsidy on Tata products- cars, et. al.- if you are working with Tata.

Got placed in TCS...
it selected 449 outta the 489 shortlisted candidates after aptitude
TCS going the infy way???

hello people.....me selected in Infosys through on-campus recruitment....i wish to ask some more query...
does Infy asks employees for their place of posting...and if asked do they also provide them in reality ??

does Infy give the date fo joining to CS/IT branches early or is it all randomly done ??

INFY Vs TCS Going by the HR policiy followed by TCS about giving preference to IT/CS branch irrespective of your college grade, i think infy would be better for someone from a non cs background.
hi, just came to know that INFY training procedure for a 2010 fresher will be of
what is the amount normally achieved in the clause "Training and Performance Incentive " after the training period ???

Im a 2009 passout...will join infy next month....my friends who joined last month have training for 7.5 months....so it should be somewhat same for you too

'training and performance incentives' are probably linked to ur performance....not sure though
http://www.facebook.com/mangesh.bedarkar