TCS Coming.. Need Morale Boost

12 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hello Puys and Pals, I do not know exactly why my fingers clicked on the "Create a thread" option and voila! I am here in my first created thread at PG. Well, to say in brief, TCS is coming to our campus on 7th of Jan,10. As you all might hav...
Page 1 of 2
"Yippee! Got selected" "Yippee! Got selected" "Yippee! Got selected"

Congrats...So nice to read that you have got selected....I was wondering to write on this thread yesterday..But I thought anyway you would post regarding the experience...

Regarding Job or MBA...It is totally upon you...Nothing wrong in doing work for 2 years and then getting into MBA...Do your MBA for sure...I think you will...
But whether it will be first or later is your call...Jo dil kahe...Go for it...
People will Give many advices..."Don't become Football of other opinions"
Even my advice is Paltu...Like it take it...Don't like it...Ignore it...
Congratulations...:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

badhai ho beta.. once you join the IT industry, tab dekhte hain how much Yipee you do...still try best to get into some B-School.. IT mein job is all useless, no matter which company u join..itna sab PG par thread ki zarrorat hi nahin thi..just wake up and go for IT job interview, u still will get it.... chalo, all the best
S!d
@S!d  ·  0 karma

S!d
@S!d  ·  0 karma

@achintbvp

I know the time is not too great as many of my seniors too are waiting to be given a joining date. But believe me, you will get it soon. TCS has been a bit late, or I should say late in giving the joining date, but thats fine. As long as you had the job amidst crisis, you didn't have to run here and there for peanut-paying government jobs. Read an article about an M-Sc student who had an interview for Post of peon with a pay of 5000 per month. At least an offer letter is a good backup, isn't it?

@Ugly Duckling

Thanks for the tips. Although it may sound easy to be cool there, especially with winter season around, this is my first interview and yes, need to control my nerves a bit. Thanks for the tips.

@ bemused

Thanks for the share. Hoping that my panel also comes out friendly enough.

@ adi14

I am from IT stream and felt better after reading your post. Specially your sig- I don't believe in Miracles,I just rely on them.... Thanks for your post adi.

@sid
Luk i am from ece n dey asked me only one or two technical questions, i think it was ,what is mux n its practical use...n den about my training(like explain wat did u learned during ur training)....rest were all normal questions related to my personal life....
so u don need to worry much bot the technical just brush up with the basics and don get nervous during the interview as the panel is very very friendly....even i was bit tensed during my interview but dey gave me sum time to relax.....

so just give ur best n u will surely get thru it easily

Thanks bemused. Pattern is still the same. Just wondering about the itnerview since at present my technicals are a bit weak and my speaking skills tumble and fumble in pressure. Anyways, glad to read your post. Thanks again...

Sorry shashank for wrong place to create thread, thanks for moving it here.

Hey SID..I dont know if i am the right person to give suggestions but nevertheless i can still give my ideas ...Well i am a engineer,so kind of experienced with Campus interviews... Actually only as an Campus co-ordinator...Not as a aspirant...

Hey depending on your Branch..search for General questions which are asked..Like i am from ECE and there is a thread in PG regarding it...Typical questions which are always asked...Search using google too..I am sure you willl find some...

The questions in Interview are repeated a lot...I have seen it a lot..Many times to ECE guys..Factorial prog in C was asked...For CS/IT guys more tougher progs are asked....But if you brush up that wont be a problem...

Give your best shot at Aptitude test..That shouldn't be a big deal considering you have preapred for MBA exams... DO a few puzzles..They might be asked in Intterview....
Be confident and have the faith that you will get it...:D:D:D
The fact that you are getting excited is a clear sign that how desparate you want it....Thats a very good sign.... I Really don't know what else to say..Keep your cool and am sure..U will get it...
All the best..

Few practical tips which i applied for my interviews

- Stay absolutely cool and unruffled in the presence of interviewer...sweaty palms and forehead just won't do

- Don't appear desperate for the job....if you do, you are finished

- Be the picture of confidence........the confidence in your personality takes the interviewer's attention away from any flaws that you may have

Best of Luck
:thumbsup:

http://www.facebook.com/mangesh.bedarkar
S!d
@S!d  ·  0 karma

Thanks bemused. Pattern is still the same. Just wondering about the itnerview since at present my technicals are a bit weak and my speaking skills tumble and fumble in pressure. Anyways, glad to read your post. Thanks again...

Sorry shashank for wrong place to create thread, thanks for moving it here.

Hello Puys and Pals,

I do not know exactly why my fingers clicked on the "Create a thread" option and voila! I am here in my first created thread at PG. Well, to say in brief, TCS is coming to our campus on 7th of Jan,10. As you all might have guessed, I am an engineer in my final year and this is the first company coming for campussing.

At this point of time, with less than 35 hours to go, I am actually nervously excited. At the same time I am optimistically worried as well. I really need some good motivation or tips from you puys. I surely want to give my best, but what comes in my way is fear and lack of technical knowledge(Almost every engineer in 4th year complaints about this fact)

So any tips, good luck wishes or handful of advices would be welcomed and appreciated. Amidst exams like XAT and FMS, I seriously need to get through this exam. Hopefully I will.. I will post here "Yippee! Got selected"

Moving this thread to Career Discussions forum.

Also,have a look here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/campus-job-dilemma-25003983

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Shashank
Captain, PG Dream Team 2010 | CAT 11 - 100%ile | CET 10 - Rank 1 (211/240) | Co-founder Learningroots

i m placed in tcs nd still no call frm them regarding joinin.my view dont sit and waste ur time

Once a Maverick Always a Maverick