Tatas Takeover Corus

33 Posts  ·  22 Users
About this group
Puys, Just read this news: Tatas pip CSN to win Corus takeover battle This certainly has to be a historic day in the Indian economy. Cheers to Tatas and Indian Economy :: Deep
Page 1 of 4
ok here's a trivia....
arcelor-mittal is the largest steel mfg.
tata is now fifth largest
name the three between them placed at 2nd,3rd and 4th
hint:all three are south-asian companies

I am picking up the answers from the first page of this thread :
- Nippon Steel (Japan)
- Posco(South Korea)
- JFE(Japan)
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

ok here's a trivia....
arcelor-mittal is the largest steel mfg.
tata is now fifth largest
name the three between them placed at 2nd,3rd and 4th
hint:all three are south-asian companies

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Can somebody explain why the TATA stock has gone crashing down..the only reason i seem to figure out is maybe shareholders are concerned about the finances...but obviously in the long run its an awesome deal right??
Also some gyaani junta can explain if please how does a company ensures that it gets 12.1 Bn $!! i mean u can take loans alright..but is there a limit?? or is it?


Yes,in the long term its an awesome deal.
The same story happened with Ratan Tata and the whole TATA company when they launched Indica in 1998 and spent huge money on a car built indigenously in India.The share had fallen too much.But the gamble paid off for TATA and look at the success of Indica now.

About company getting 12.1 Bn $ loan,company like TATA dont have such problems.Tata Sons is the holding company for the whole TATA group.They have been selling TCS shares in the market.Also,they will use TCS's reserves and reserves if any from other cash-rich TATA companies.

The financing is being done in a debt:equity ratio of nearly 2:1 i.e debt of nearly $8 billion, and equity infusion of nearly $4.1 billion by the Tata Group.Credit Suisse will now fund 45% of the debt component of the deal. The remaining 55% will be organised by Deutsche Bank and ABN Amro and other banks close to Tatas.

Nowadays,small companies also get huge loans from international bankers.International bankers have been very aggressive looking into the growing Merger & Acuisition sector.Also increasing confidence in the Indian markets has played a major role.Look at the pace acquisitios have been growing in India for last 2-3 years.Apart from Ranbaxy,Tata Tea,Infosys smaller companies like Gitanjali Gems,Subex Systems,amtek auto,etc has acquired companies overseas.

Also,Corus is helping TATA to get the funds,actually they are guiding through the whole process.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Can somebody explain why the TATA stock has gone crashing down..the only reason i seem to figure out is maybe shareholders are concerned about the finances...but obviously in the long run its an awesome deal right??
Also some gyaani junta can explain if please how does a company ensures that it gets 12.1 Bn $!! i mean u can take loans alright..but is there a limit?? or is it?

There's more to life than jobs & colleges.. keep smiling :)
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Congrats TATA.!!
Way to go India!!

Wah wah

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
BHANGARA outnumbers SAMBHA !!!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Here are some facts about TATA-Corus deal...

- Tata Offer will contribute $4.1billion to the deal,with the balance to be raised through debt.
- The deal will treble Tata Steel's capacity to almost 28million tonnes a year from 8.7 million now at half the cost of building new plants.
-Tata Steel will not change any principal locations of Corus group's business and, will continue te be headquarted in India.
-The final cash offer of Tata Steel is 608 pence for each Corus share,34% higher than its first offer in October and 5 pence more then final offer from CSN.
-Ratan Tata will be the chairman of the new board of Corus to be formed after the takeover.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

i read complete article on Tata-Cours deal... very informative artilce.. i like the last line "The winning bid for Corus is more than what India received in foreign direct investment last year." thats really amazing... single deal frm 1 cmp. surpass entire country's FDI 😃

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Tatas might merge with Mittals some time in the future...

--
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.