Target GMAT Aug,2009

74 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
Friends, lets give a dedicated hardship for next 3 months so that we land up somewhere good. All the best!
Page 1 of 8
Hey!
Good Job man!

I am moving swiftly in the direction of cracking GMAT.
But CR has become the impediment for me. My average accuracy rate is 60% and that too after spending 5-6 mins on a single question. Assumption question is the weakest area. Do you have any suggestion for it?

Best,
VM

1. use dominos method: linking the missing
2. Look at the conclusion and premise, Assumption is an extra premsie, if supplied will strengthen the conclusion
3. If X causes Y => Y doesn't cause X and nothing else can also cause X apart from Y
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey!
Good Job man!

But CR has become the impediment for me. My average accuracy rate is 60% and that too after spending 5-6 mins on a single question. Assumption question is the weakest area. Do you have any suggestion for it?

Best,
VM

5-6 mins is not good.
Only one solution : Practice.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey!
Good Job man!

Best,
VM

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well i found the CR tougher than i've seen anywhere else.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello All,
I have given my GMAT yesterday and scored 720. I prepared for a couple of months. I should have done a bit better in Verbal but i was unusually tense during the test.

A few tips
1. Before starting preparation give a mock gmat. Preferably GMATPrep test. Analyze your performance. Review all the questions and divide them into topics. You will get a fair idea as to what areas you are strong at and what areas you need to improve.
2. I have used OG11, Manhattan Sentence correction and Kaplan Maths.
3. Halfway through your preparation, give one more mock test. Compare the results with the first mock. See what areas you have improved since your first test and what areas still need improvement. At this point you should have filled in atleast some gaps since the first test.
4. The best way to improve your score is to identify your weak areas and work on them. If you keep practicing on areas in which you are already good at, it WILL NOT help you to improve your score. GMAT is all about filling in the gaps.
5. Give an ample amount of mock testes before the D-day. I would say 8-10.
6. Gmat tests the focus. You should sit for 4 continous hours during the test and it's a huge test of focus. I lost some focus by the time i reached verbal section and it affected my verbal score. I was very exhausted by the time i reached the last 10 questions in verbal.

Goodluck to you all. Let me know if i can be of any help. :cheers:

congrats...

congrats..
anything in perticular, you found, was tough in the paper?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi, congrats for amazing score.

Do you have og12 explanations. I have Questions and answers but no explanations. If you have could you please let me know. Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All,
I have given my GMAT yesterday and scored 720. I prepared for a couple of months. I should have done a bit better in Verbal but i was unusually tense during the test.

A few tips
1. Before starting preparation give a mock gmat. Preferably GMATPrep test. Analyze your performance. Review all the questions and divide them into topics. You will get a fair idea as to what areas you are strong at and what areas you need to improve.
2. I have used OG11, Manhattan Sentence correction and Kaplan Maths.
3. Halfway through your preparation, give one more mock test. Compare the results with the first mock. See what areas you have improved since your first test and what areas still need improvement. At this point you should have filled in atleast some gaps since the first test.
4. The best way to improve your score is to identify your weak areas and work on them. If you keep practicing on areas in which you are already good at, it WILL NOT help you to improve your score. GMAT is all about filling in the gaps.
5. Give an ample amount of mock testes before the D-day. I would say 8-10.
6. Gmat tests the focus. You should sit for 4 continous hours during the test and it's a huge test of focus. I lost some focus by the time i reached verbal section and it affected my verbal score. I was very exhausted by the time i reached the last 10 questions in verbal.

Goodluck to you all. Let me know if i can be of any help. :cheers:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am one of the thousands who are preparing for GMAT and whose aim is to get into one of the best B-schools in the world.

My G day is on November 23. I have started my serious preparation from last 2 weeks. I have given first kaplan diagnostic test to rate myself and to understand where do I stand.

I scored 580 (Don't remember the individual percentiles exactly). I could not answer 3 questions in Quant and 6 in Verbal due to the time limit. I identified my weaknesses during the autopsy I conducted after the test.

All my mistakes in Quant are from Data Sufficiency and my accuracy in SC, CR and RC are 60%, 60% and 70% respectively.

I have framed a plan for the next 3 months.

What does my 580 mean (given that I prepared for 2 weeks for it)? What other tests are recommended to know the range I belong to.

Looking forward for some gyan from the PGuys!!

Raghav

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I had taken the power prep, and found many of the questions repeated from the OG.
those questions may inflate your score slightly since you are already done with OG.

irkuz, even my date is on 8th sept and am also in bangalore... so hows it going dude? :-P
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey, Thanks a ton!

I've not thought of buying MGMT and will only gove the free one...i'm going to do GMAT PREP and POWER PREP...as they reveal the exact place where you are ...

Not sure, if i do it or not...will take a call, if i run out of the tests

I had taken the power prep, and found many of the questions repeated from the OG.
those questions may inflate your score slightly since you are already done with OG.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...