TAPMI GD/PI Experiences [2012-14]

371 Posts  ·  189 Users
About this group
This Thread has been specially created to share GD/PI experiences among aspirants. It will help everyone looking forward to the process and selection. Points To Note: -Business Formals (Shirt And Trouser For Guys and Salwar/Saree/Shirts an...
Page 1 of 38

When will the final result be out(other than exceptional)????
and if possible also give the number of offers made to exceptional candidates??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
svengg Says
what is the total intake for this year and wht is the batch size for 2011-2013 and 2010-2012???

The batch size for 2011-2013 was 240
and for 2012-2014 i think it will be 300.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

what is the total intake for this year and wht is the batch size for 2011-2013 and 2010-2012???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I'm afraid it does. 60% of weightage is towards CAT/XAT score and 40% towards your GD performance. You have to score a min of 65% to get through to PI round.
BTW you must have been exceptional in GD to get through the round with CAT score of 63%le :clap:
http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/72148-tapmi-admissions-2012-14-queries-46.html#post3132987

My GD went well. They had selected 5 out of a total of 12 . My PI went fine. I have done by B.A.Economics from Loyola College and two years of work experience working for a Hedge Fund (D.E.Shaw & Co) and an Investment Bank (UBS). Considering my CAT score is low ,I'm a bit doubtful.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Friends, I do not know about you point of views But from my POV TAPMI had improved its management this time around.
Last year In delhi they called people in large numbers and the GD had a group of nearly 18 people and it was complete fish market and i was not selected.also lesser number of faculty members.But i had no ill for the institute.
This time around it was systematic we were assembled in the confrence hall, divided in the groups of 10 people. GD was good. PI even better. very systematic. i was the last person in the group and whole process lasted 1.5 hrs.
In my group 5out of 9 selected for next round.
and one was of 84 percentile, he didn't even had the believed that he would get selected as he had spoken very less but to the point. and other girl kept fighting with others was rejected with 97 percentile.
It all depends upon you how you performed in the GD.
Most important point the 60 percent CAT score and GD 40 percent is not followed this time. as they are giving more weight age to profile and lesser to CAT score.

@Reshmi : For weightage I'm not quite what kind of importance they are giving to profile cos on an average almost most of them who have converted so far are from IT background and are looking to do Finance ,the classic Indian MBA irony.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

resultsss....??????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Friends, I do not know about you point of views But from my POV TAPMI had improved its management this time around.
Last year In delhi they called people in large numbers and the GD had a group of nearly 18 people and it was complete fish market and i was not selected.also lesser number of faculty members.But i had no ill for the institute.
This time around it was systematic we were assembled in the confrence hall, divided in the groups of 10 people. GD was good. PI even better. very systematic. i was the last person in the group and whole process lasted 1.5 hrs.
In my group 5out of 9 selected for next round.
and one was of 84 percentile, he didn't even had the believed that he would get selected as he had spoken very less but to the point. and other girl kept fighting with others was rejected with 97 percentile.
It all depends upon you how you performed in the GD.
Most important point the 60 percent CAT score and GD 40 percent is not followed this time. as they are giving more weight age to profile and lesser to CAT score.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Scooby27 Says
Dude, no hard feelings but TAPMI was never ever a grape for me, moreover I was about to skip the process but since a friend mf nie was having GD/PI for KJ in IIFT so just to accompany him I went......and as far as my performance in GD is concerned, I've already converted 7 out of 7 calls and that was one of the reasons that I was hoping to skip the TAPMI process, and I know that my GD was quite descent as compared to my GD in some of the other colleges, I hope that they were selecting only those people who were shouting and not letting others to speak or it was just not my day......anyways no hard feelings for TAPMI or any other college, as i am totally aware that TAPMI is a very reputed and good college

I wonder how you folks decided to assume the authority to tell the world the process was mismanaged. There were 5 candidates eliminated after the GD that I attended. 3 of them had percentiles higher than the scores you two are quoting. It's not how much you participate but how you do that counts. Trust me on this. I spoke exactly twice. Two of the most simplistic points you will have ever heard. But what counts is that they were relevant to the topic in a GD where no one spoke with any sense of relevance. That's what counts. That's what took me through. That's also what put me on their list of exceptional candidates. I converted the call and received an offer to join their flagship program. Don't tell me the process was mismanaged because for the first time in 8 calls you couldn't convert. :nono: Every college has something they're looking for in particular to decide whether or not the candidate is a fit for their college. I've never failed to convert any call except MICA. But you don't see me calling them blind. I was never a good fit for what they had to offer hence the rejection.

And btw, it's spelled "decent" and not "descent"
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
most pathetic process, with an overall of 91 percentile and extremely good GD I didn't make it into the GD shortlist, i think that seat would have already got filled, with my GD/PI scheduled for the last centre and for the last day, they shortlisted just 2 ppl out of a panel of 10, and a day before they were shortlisting 8-9 candidates out of a panel of 10.

I'm quite happy that I didn't make it to the unorganized and mismanaged management college

same happened to me also. with 92 percentile and exceptionally good GD (and i mean that) i didn't make it to the next stage. they selected just 4 out of 10 and three of them hadn't brought any good content to the discussion. pure case of mismanagement. it seemed that they had already decided whom to select and we were just issued the call to make a healthy discussion.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
mayankmychoice Says
A pure case of "Grapes are sour"...just coz u dint made it to further rounds doesn't mean that u shud foulmouth about any college not just TAPMI...just scoring 91%ile doesn't guarantee you a seat in any college..u need to perform well in GD also which i assume you might have not otherwise you wud have made it to PI...TAPMI is AACSB accredited now..so i think that it doesn't need accreditation for management of its college from you or any1 else...

Dude, no hard feelings but TAPMI was never ever a grape for me, moreover I was about to skip the process but since a friend mf nie was having GD/PI for KJ in IIFT so just to accompany him I went......and as far as my performance in GD is concerned, I've already converted 7 out of 7 calls and that was one of the reasons that I was hoping to skip the TAPMI process, and I know that my GD was quite descent as compared to my GD in some of the other colleges, I hope that they were selecting only those people who were shouting and not letting others to speak or it was just not my day......anyways no hard feelings for TAPMI or any other college, as i am totally aware that TAPMI is a very reputed and good college
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...