Switching to CSC

6 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Hi All, I am currently working with TCS (total 2 years 3 months exp in IT with TCS). I am looking for a switch. Is CSC a good option to switch? I have cleared both the rounds of techinal interview, waiting for salary negotiation.. How m...
Page 1 of 1

well i am in the insurance domain itself...we have certain products and various clients of these products...On the whole this domain is a pretty good domain with good forecasts...u can surely have a try..but if luck is bad thn u may bump with pretty avg clients and wont hav very good growth , or else u can be in the dev team of the product which can sure add opputinities and well as collor to ur cv...its upto you to decide....i dont supposr before joining u will be able to get so much details...just ask them what the product or project is all about..u will have good idea then....

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
gundappa Says
Hi I am working in the same company..its depends on the domain u are in..some are very good with regular onsites..whereas others are ok..but on the whole worklife is very cool and better compared to TCS..For as400 tech U can easily demand 35 to 40 % hike..and CSC is a master in mainframe...

Thanks for the reply... how is the insurance domain in CSC?

Hi,

I worked in TCS for 25 mnths and then switched to CSC. though my area was more of JSF and Oracle Fusion, i hope my experience helps you.
these guys will have multiple rounds of interviews which you have already had. they ll ask you to fill in a form which gives u an option to fill in ur salary expectation , even if u fill 7 lacs in ur case and u think that u have given very gud interviews and what u demand is reasonable, these guys in HR round will say that we have fixed package structure and that u ll be only offered say 5 lacs only. they act like they are in a demanding situation and won't give u much time to think. my personal experience is it is not worth a switch ( i shifted coz they gave me my home place, and anyways i was going to do an MBA plus they had no bond). trust me work culture is not that great, CSC once was good but now they are not good paymasters, not good appraisers and finally the work place is not that conducicve ( i shifted at 5 and left TCS at 3.5, but i yearned to go back to TCS in just 2 mnths of my joining ).

the intention is that u might take an informed decision. hope it helps

P.S: i left CSC in 4.5 mnths, currently doing my MBA.

Hi All,

I am currently working with TCS (total 2 years 3 months exp in IT with TCS). I am looking for a switch. Is CSC a good option to switch?

I have cleared both the rounds of techinal interview, waiting for salary negotiation.. How much hike can I ask? more importantly, how much hike can they offer me? I m currently earning 4LPA.. Please advise..

Note: I work on AS400 technology...

Please post your query here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670 for a quicker and appropiate response 😃

Please use search option on home page to find relevant thread for posting the query 😃
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **

Hi I am working in the same company..its depends on the domain u are in..some are very good with regular onsites..whereas others are ok..but on the whole worklife is very cool and better compared to TCS..For as400 tech U can easily demand 35 to 40 % hike..and CSC is a master in mainframe...

Hi All,

I am currently working with TCS (total 2 years 3 months exp in IT with TCS). I am looking for a switch. Is CSC a good option to switch?

I have cleared both the rounds of techinal interview, waiting for salary negotiation.. How much hike can I ask? more importantly, how much hike can they offer me? I m currently earning 4LPA.. Please advise..

Note: I work on AS400 technology...