Suggestions to Improve Mahips' visual guide to the Forum

54 Posts  ·  34 Users
About this group
*great work, dude!!!!* :: *just a suggestion ....somehow this thread shud be added to 'new to PG' or maybe even Homepage ....* *wud be perfectly placed...*
Page 1 of 6
Mahip,

I was also wondering if a video could be made? I mean lot of people have access to the net and a simple video showing an interactive way to move around the forum can be shown.

Just a thought.

Better still, if someone knows flash - a simulator can be made where everything can be shown in an interactive game like manner.

Cheers.

There is already some task planned to make the visual guide animated - most probably using flash. But with new features coming in and also due to time constraints, this flash version might take a bit longer to come out for members.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mahip,

I was also wondering if a video could be made? I mean lot of people have access to the net and a simple video showing an interactive way to move around the forum can be shown.

Just a thought.

Better still, if someone knows flash - a simulator can be made where everything can be shown in an interactive game like manner.

Cheers.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello!

I don't know if this issue has been addressed previously.
I would like to see all my posts so far. And my groaned at/groans/thanked/thanks posts.
User CP only lists the private messages sent/received.

Is this possible?
Please let me know.

thanks,
H

Harenik,

You need to see your public profile to see all those details. They include:
  1. Groans you get.
  2. Thanks you get.
  3. Threads you start.
  4. All the posts you make.
You can go to your own profile by going to the post and clicking on your profile. A drop down menu appears whereby you can see your profile.

Cheers.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I Have Got Just this to say....

Work of a lifetime..........

Simply The Best MAHIP...............

The Only thing constant in Life-Change!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello!

I don't know if this issue has been addressed previously.
I would like to see all my posts so far. And my groaned at/groans/thanked/thanks posts.
User CP only lists the private messages sent/received.

Is this possible?
Please let me know.

thanks,
H

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi
i want to start a new thread for sp jain g mba january 2007 batch.
can u give some info regarding how to start a thread?
i read the visual guide.
its written that to post a new thread i can do it by clicking on the new thread option.
but i cant find that threadtools thing which is mentioned.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Do remember, this forum is a system that keeps getting updated and added to. Features are added, tested and removed all the time. If you've seen forums and such sites over the internet, you'll find that PG is one of the most feature-rich forums available. The best, in my personal opinion. However, it does have its limits. You cannot dream of having a shortcut and see it present itself to you on a platter.

There are many ways of getting to where you want to go. In case you are able to document a shortcut or a method, Do add it here. We'll add it to the Visual Guide if its good enough. Mahip has done an awesome job with starting the guide, but that does not mean that you need not add to it.

Regards,
Grondmaster

Thanks for your painstaking.
Will keep these things in mind...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Grondmaster

thanks for the replies...
well another query related to the text above....
can I get a mail notification when some body replies to my post (or quotes my post) in specific....not for any post in the subscribed thread...but just when somebody replies to my post using quick reply/quote from my post....

No. There is no specific method, as you want, to monitor replies to your posts only. As far as I see it, all posts in a thread are replies to ALL the posts that came before it. Only the first post is not a specific reply to a single post. Hence, the emails that come to you about the posts are general, related to that thread.

Why don't you go ahead and experiment about these activities? Surely you can test it while working on the forum?

Hi eka

thanks for a wonderful post
I have one query related to searching in PG....
how can we search for all the posts with attachments in a particular thread??

Now this is a post in another thread, by you only. I used multi-quote here, which allows you to quote posts from other threads as well. There is no method to identify specific posts with attachments. The search guide is related to the Advanced Search option, which by itself is also quite comprehensive, but goes only so far.

It will be a nice idea to put the same link in the visual guide (provided.....it is not there)

Cheers

http://www.pagalguy.com/634152-post11.html
Its there for sure. But just the link is given. That link in the visual guide is as good as a Visual Guide for BBCode by itself. So there.

Do remember, this forum is a system that keeps getting updated and added to. Features are added, tested and removed all the time. If you've seen forums and such sites over the internet, you'll find that PG is one of the most feature-rich forums available. The best, in my personal opinion. However, it does have its limits. You cannot dream of having a shortcut and see it present itself to you on a platter.

There are many ways of getting to where you want to go. In case you are able to document a shortcut or a method, Do add it here. We'll add it to the Visual Guide if its good enough. Mahip has done an awesome job with starting the guide, but that does not mean that you need not add to it.

Regards,
Grondmaster
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You'll get an email if there's a post in the thread you've made a post in. It won't send emails to those people who've not kep that setting in their user options. There is no way to monitor if specific posts have been replied to.

Hi Grondmaster

thanks for the replies...
well another query related to the text above....
can I get a mail notification when some body replies to my post (or quotes my post) in specific....not for any post in the subscribed thread...but just when somebody replies to my post using quick reply/quote from my post....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
http://www.pagalguy.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Regards,
Grondmaster

It will be a nice idea to put the same link in the visual guide (provided.....it is not there)

Cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...