suggestions needed.. Engineering --> Finance

3 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hey.. Need some suggestions/help/GUIDANCE.. Background: I did my Masters in Computer Networking from a US university and have been working as a Computer Networking Engineer in the US for about 2 years now.. I will be trying to get into an MBA...
Page 1 of 1
https://www.facebook.com/abhishek.pnb
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

This is a very good initiative friend.

I am also going to do my MBA this year and have the same dilemma.
I am a Computer Engineer and worked in the IT industry for a couple of years.Now I want to shift to finance and I am very keen at it.
However what are the headwinds I will be facing and will the transition be smooth.
Seniors,who have done so can really help us come up with a strategy to approach this transition.
I also wanted to know if my work experience in the IT field,will be considered during the placement at my MBA College and what will be the profiles offered.
Seniors please guide us.
Thanks

Hey.. Need some suggestions/help/GUIDANCE..
Background: I did my Masters in Computer Networking from a US university and have been working as a Computer Networking Engineer in the US for about 2 years now..
I will be trying to get into an MBA school this year.. I am interested to focus in Finance.. However, having no prior experience in Finance Sector, I am worried if this is a crazy decision..
Has anyone of you shifted from Engineering world to Finance?? If yes, how was the transition like??
My question is in such a scenario what type of job can I end up getting after completion of MBA..?? Honestly, I don't care about the salary but the work which I will be involved with..
My plan is to do an MBA Finance in US/Canada and then shift my base to India.. Has anybody had such experience??
I gave CFAl1 in Dec'10 and will be writing CFAL2 in July'11 to gain some insight into the Finance world.
Suggestions...??