Suggestions for the new PaGaLGuY

259 Posts  ·  92 Users
About this group
Hello again :) Since the new site has been launched, we're working furiously to fix stuff and generally to keep things in order. I understand this is a huge change for all of you, but give it a week or two and you'll start getting used to an...
Page 1 of 26

My suggestion n feedback for new PG

1) the star rating next to everyone's id when reading posts is annoying.... the brighten yellow star should be toned down to a little less bright color. In every comment karma points looks very annoying

2) no emoticon and add attachment icons next to post button.... expect we have huge emoticons this time 😃

3) when we open the home page... the title is too bold while the content of the comment/post is almost less... only the first few words are visible. Earlier at least 2-3 lines were available to go through... it would be better if the post size could be longer

Regards

IIMC Jokar 2014-16 http://pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/all-wanted-speak-about-cat-t-2933/p-19826459/
2 comments
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

@pagalguy : I can't see my signature.

Calls 2010-IIM I,S,XLBM,SPJ,XIMB || Calls 2011-SCMHRD||Calls 2012-IIFT|| Calls 2013: IIFT,XL(Both),IIM B,I, new IIMs,MDI ,SPJain,XIMB,VGSOM,GLIM||Dint Attend:IITM, IIM Ranchi HRM||Final Converts:B,I,T,U,Rp, VGSOM,XIMB,MDI,GL|| IIM Bangalore [PGP 2014-16]
2 comments
@pagalguy :please make missed mocks available in exam form 1ce again as time site does.dont want to read answers
season 2013:calls nmims ftmba n pgdm,fore,imi,lbsim,gim,bits pilani,bimtech,nirma,srcc gbo rank 7

@pagalguy Is it possible to introduce timer in the PREP section?I expect,on the top of every question,user would start the timer before starting to solve it and stop it after submission of an answer.Along with that,average time taken to solve that question should be there.It would help user to guage his/her performance and to understand if he/she is giving more than average time for any particular type of question.😲

Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose.
4 comments
@pagalguy - how to get the college(institution) tag on my profile?
Hope is a good thing, may be the best of and no GOOD thing ever dies
1 comment
@sonnes While Answering a question I am able to select multiple answers
Attached the Screenshot for the same
Yawn o_o
@pagalguy How and where i can report a bug ?
Yawn o_o
1 comment

Logged in after quite a few time but good to see some innovative changes

There was some discussion over it quite a few weeks back with suggestions from old puys

Next season's Quant thread needs to have Forum Guidelines and regulations lined out in the thread's First post.

It is tough to moderate, but providing an outline of general discipline and standards for using the thread might help make it more tidy and coherent. We at the thread often make it a point to suggest new posters to adhere to certain practices, but it would be nice if these can be highlighted in the first post of the thread.
@pagalguy In the old PG forums there was a feature that helped to see how many attachments are there for a particular thread and the freedom to download the attachments without actually going through all the posts in the thread. In the new PG version, I don't find that feature. It is creating a lot of problems as it is a very ardous task to navigate all the posts in a particular thread to find the relevant attachments. Please do add the attachment feature which was a part of the Old PG forums.