Suggestion Required: Msc or Job after Bsc for MBA?

10 Posts  ·  10 Users
About this group
Hey all.. This is Anushree:) ...I have just completed my BSc in Computer Science. I m preparing for CAT 2006.I needed an advise from all of you as in should i start with my MSc since my mamma is insisting I should coz CAT is something really dif...
Page 1 of 1

Thanks for replying dude but finally I want to do MBA in I.T (and that too only from UK).......now I am confused whether to go for job after this or MSc and then MBA....coz I want to go for E-MBA and for that I need to have a work exp of nearly 3 yrs....so evn afta MSc I wl do job 4 3 yrs in order to hve a gud collg 4 MBA....nw I am a little confused

Everyday is an opportunity to improve tomorrow's past
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

In case it is Msc in Management go for it man!!

Even I have the same question...I will complete my BSc in Adv. I.T. from Bharati Vidyapeeth University Pune and I got placement too.Now I have offer letters of various UK universities like:-
->Birmingham University
->Liverpool University
->Univ. of Sheiffield
and some are awaited

Finally I have to go for MBA.Now should I go for MSc or should I opt for job as I have already got a campus placement.

Please help me.

Everyday is an opportunity to improve tomorrow's past

Hi.
@ rgblogs
Am aware of the age of this post.
But my question remains the same,pls help me out if you can.
Thanks.

@Saransh porter
The query was asked three years ago......

Good Morning!

@ aman khan

If u hv good academics then try for a job and gain experiance
as there r many requirement ad for BSc students havin good academics in IT are capturing newspaper and web space
It will also get u a exp tag
if u dnt hv then MSc wud b better option
BOL

Hi.:)
I wanted to know that you're suggessting to do an M.Sc. if academics are not good.
Do you mean that since acads are not good,getting a job would also be difficult or impossible,therefore jobless,thus by default MSc is the leftover option of the two.

OR

Is it that you wanted to convey that since acads are not good,you'll still get a job but not a good job,therefore do an MSc and score well in your MSc and improve your acads then.

Thanks.
If u hv good academics then try for a job and gain experiance
as there r many requirement ad for BSc students havin good academics in IT are capturing newspaper and web space
It will also get u a exp tag
if u dnt hv then MSc wud b better option
BOL

if u feel that the MSc degree u r gonna join is merely something that will buy u time for MBA, then please dont do it.... try n get a job.. its easily the best alternative... if MBA is your ambition, then stick to it... but if u wanna do ur MSc, then jus do it, get into a job n check it out for a while.... theres always plenty of time in life to do whatever u want!! so its not as if u will have to do ur MBA right now............ u could do MBA even after MSc... there are people who feel the need to do an MBA and do it after PhD... so dont loose sleep over this... like i said... TIME IS ALWAYS THERE TO DO WHAT U WANNA DO!!

Hey all..
This is Anushree:) ...I have just completed my BSc in Computer Science. I m preparing for CAT 2006.I needed an advise from all of you as in should i start with my MSc since my mamma is insisting I should coz CAT is something really difficult to crack and if I dont do it this year my entire year would be wasted.Of course my aim is pursuing an MBA degree but its the concern of my Mom thats bothering me. But what i feel is if i do get a call, I'll have to leave my MSc incomplete and when i do come back with an MBA degree in my hand completing my MSc would be meaningless. And hence pursuing an incomplete MSc degree right now would be futile.What my IMS counsellor has recommended is find a job as a work experience.So that I be thorough with my corporate knowledge.I want advise from u guys whether I should start with my MSc or take up a job to utilise this one year to the fullest....????:(

Anushree, if your aim is to do MBA, then you could as it is look for a job.That will make your work ex count for GD/Pi calls and you will also get time to prepare for MBA well.The advantage with aorking is suppose you miss out this time then you have a job to go back to & your work ex keeps increasing which is again helps you getting into better college.
I dont think there is any point in having 2 mastrs degree.
Also, if you get a job you mom will be a satisfied soul & hence no family pressure.
All the best.
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

Hey all..
This is Anushree:) ...I have just completed my BSc in Computer Science. I m preparing for CAT 2006.I needed an advise from all of you as in should i start with my MSc since my mamma is insisting I should coz CAT is something really difficult to crack and if I dont do it this year my entire year would be wasted.Of course my aim is pursuing an MBA degree but its the concern of my Mom thats bothering me. But what i feel is if i do get a call, I'll have to leave my MSc incomplete and when i do come back with an MBA degree in my hand completing my MSc would be meaningless. And hence pursuing an incomplete MSc degree right now would be futile.What my IMS counsellor has recommended is find a job as a work experience.So that I be thorough with my corporate knowledge.I want advise from u guys whether I should start with my MSc or take up a job to utilise this one year to the fullest....????:(