study leave or resign??? ---- some advice pls

13 Posts  ·  12 Users
About this group
hey all im faced with a dilemma here, pls drop in some advice if possible..... ive gotten admission into IIM C..... :: and im workin @ Reliance Infocomm... just when i was preparin for leaving the rigors of the job n sail o...
Page 1 of 2

dude
u just bumped a 5 yr old thread...no body is gonna ans u here

pls post ur queries in the following forums under an appropriate thread

MBA Studies Abroad - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2009, GMAT, XAT, MAT

req mods to close this thread

ATB

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

hi i need some help. i m planning to take gmat next year,2010.so i came to know that fall season is gud for admissions. so i planning to take admissions in fall . can neone tell me when can i give examination ? is it appropirate if i give the examination 2months before the admission. imean if admissions started in sep ,so is it gud to take test in may?
please help

thanx junta for all ur opines....

gave lotsa thought n have finally put in my papers .......

well, i must admit the clincher was the hr guy tellin me tat after 2 years u wud join back on the same terms :wink: ........ lol.....
ofcourse he did say there wud be an appraisal somewhere down the line .... but really cant picture myself takin up the job under those conditions....
think if im still interested after 2 years, id rather re-apply then......

well once again thanx for ur views/counterviews......

also mods ....do i need to close this topic by miself?.... or wud u do tat?... pls advise (and forgive the ignorance :wink: )

chris

but i guess there s just the security factor....

nope.. this security thingie is just an illussion.. there is nothin like it in the present job market... quit ur job and go all out for MBA from C... believe me, there was this talk about job security when i quit my job with a prestigious central govt. R&D; organization, after a five yrs stint there, to take up my present job... i didnt give a damn.. and i will do the same again, if i make it to IIMs...

so, dude... no second thought... quit ur job...

regards
rp
MS
@MS  ·  0 karma

Chuck the Job....its IIMC Man :)
Why do you even want to go there with any strings attached..even if its literally without any commitment.....go,chill and start your life afresh !
Mohit

me too interested in the same - but what abt the 'not eligible for placements if on a sabbatical' clause i saw sumwhere on this forum ?

oh pls there is nothing to think abt it ...pls quit ur job n join C...u will surely get better jobs n hondsome offers once u finish ur MBA...so wat u thinking abt just go for it man!!!
all the best

abs. agree with Vik...take a sabbatical(if it is without any strings attached...read bonds,etc)....keep ur options open....u can always tell them ur not joining after u get the dream offer frm campus...

Peebs

vik
@vik  ·  0 karma

No harm in taking a sabbatical leave (even if ur sure of not joining the company). You are not paying them anything, nor u'll be forced to join after completing ur MBA (I suppose no bond).

Get a better job in C and then u can always give a polite refusal to Reliance infocom.

So they are doing this favor free of cost ... no harm in taking it. Who knows in two years Reliance infocom might beat AT&T; 😃 (just a passing thought)

Hey psmith. I guess ur gettin it wrong. The dude is going to C. But is confused whether to quit the job or take a loooong leave 😉