Strathclyde MBA 2011 admits

184 Posts  ·  52 Users
About this group
Hi, I have got the online offer from strathclyde for the sep 2011. Let me know if anyone else who has got the offer. I need to accept the offer in another 15 days. Thanks Pradeep
Page 1 of 19

Is the Strathclyde MBA good in terms of job prospects? Has anyone a clue?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello!
I have an offer for Strathclyde university- MBM program, please advise what is the placement scene and ROI for it?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys

Even I have one, could you suggest if it's sensible to take it. Job prospects later. 4.10 yrs of exp as dev and analyst.
Also, how can I add you all, do we have any group?
FB - vikramchauhan/pune

Vikram Chauhan | Facebook

Regards
Vikram

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
i believe mba @main campus at UK is possible for a guy with gmat score of 600 and work ex of 4 years in IT software companies after BE in computer sciences
can u plz elaborate on the placements and other important stuff , and as tier2 visa have changed a lot, and there were lot of concerns raised, is all this a more of fuss or a reality in real market

Well the filtration process for MBA at SBS, has changed a lot since my batch(09-10) Though not from the MBA class, I know the batch inside out and I can safely say that statistics you have mentioned would have got you in, but now. The changes in the university board and heavy focus on research based courses from Strathclyde, has had it's effects on the B-school too. They might have tightened the selection process is what I am hinting at.
As for placements, there is a placement assistance cell in the registration building which people seldom use. MBA's from 09 batch slowly but gradually happened to grab a job but the catch was they joined graduate programs or roles that they had some experience in. Highest yearly wage could be around 45k per annum. Having said that, the changes in the PSW(Post study work visa) guidelines - Post April 2012, there will be no PSW and the current UK economy(Coalition government wants to pay the bail-out by 2012) has made the job market really stringent and rigid.
I would suggest to keep clarity and realism in your career goals in UK and flexibility never hurts.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Well the filtration process for MBA at SBS, has changed a lot since my batch(09-10) Though not from the MBA class, I know the batch inside out and I can safely say that statistics you have mentioned would have got you in, but now. The changes in the university board and heavy focus on research based courses from Strathclyde, has had it's effects on the B-school too. They might have tightened the selection process is what I am hinting at.
As for placements, there is a placement assistance cell in the registration building which people seldom use. MBA's from 09 batch slowly but gradually happened to grab a job but the catch was they joined graduate programs or roles that they had some experience in. Highest yearly wage could be around 45k per annum. Having said that, the changes in the PSW(Post study work visa) guidelines - Post April 2012, there will be no PSW and the current UK economy(Coalition government wants to pay the bail-out by 2012) has made the job market really stringent and rigid.
I would suggest to keep clarity and realism in your career goals in UK and flexibility never hurts.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Greetings.
My name is Manish Thanvi, post graduate student at University of Strathclyde(BITS program) From my experience at the SBS, I would suggest if you can't get in the MBA for this term, either wait it out or go for the MBM course. It is a very good rounded course with elective modules and compulsary learning of a foriegn language(Chinese for 2010-11 batch)
MBA at SBS is very good, their strategy module is known to be one of the best in UK. George Burt, is the name of the fellow who runs the course. Great chap. One problem is the filteration process was not so sharp(atleast for the year I was there) resulting in people with very low work experience too getting an admit. Though I dont see it as a problem, many of the then MBA's had a different view.

i believe mba @main campus at UK is possible for a guy with gmat score of 600 and work ex of 4 years in IT software companies after BE in computer sciences
can u plz elaborate on the placements and other important stuff , and as tier2 visa have changed a lot, and there were lot of concerns raised, is all this a more of fuss or a reality in real market
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am not very sure whether CAT scores is what they are looking at. What you need to, instead, is convey to them a clear and effective SOP and display an all round personality.
MIM, fyi, is a brilliant course at strathclyde and attracts a lot of european crowd. Atleast true for the 2010-11 batch

hi manish
Thanks for the reply
i was asking for MIM course @India, and as much as i got info , they accept score of more than 90% and can offer 50% scholarship on tution fees

But if i see ur above post, i believe mba @main campus at UK is possible for a guy with gmat score of 600 and work ex of 4 years in IT software companies after BE in computer sciences
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey All/Ronnie

can any one tell , what entrance exam scores will suffice for the indian SBS MiM course, is cat2009 score of 94.3% ile will be acceptable for the same

please reply
TIA

I am not very sure whether CAT scores is what they are looking at. What you need to, instead, is convey to them a clear and effective SOP and display an all round personality.
MIM, fyi, is a brilliant course at strathclyde and attracts a lot of european crowd. Atleast true for the 2010-11 batch
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hello Everyone,

I am from Delhi working as IT Security professional, have received MBA conditional offer on getting 600 in GMAT and interview later from Strathclyde busiess school. second, I also received unconditional on MSc BITS program.

Not sure if i would be able to get 600 in GMAT in next 15 days, but for sure my aim is to get into MBA not in MSc. I am on my four weeks notice at work which will be ending by the end of August! Deadline to pay fees and to provide evidence of GMAT is only two weeks left.

what shall I do, any idea?

thanks,

Greetings.
My name is Manish Thanvi, post graduate student at University of Strathclyde(BITS program) From my experience at the SBS, I would suggest if you can't get in the MBA for this term, either wait it out or go for the MBM course. It is a very good rounded course with elective modules and compulsary learning of a foriegn language(Chinese for 2010-11 batch)
MBA at SBS is very good, their strategy module is known to be one of the best in UK. George Burt, is the name of the fellow who runs the course. Great chap. One problem is the filteration process was not so sharp(atleast for the year I was there) resulting in people with very low work experience too getting an admit. Though I dont see it as a problem, many of the then MBA's had a different view.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everyone,

I am from Delhi working as IT Security professional, have received MBA conditional offer on getting 600 in GMAT and interview later from Strathclyde busiess school. second, I also received unconditional on MSc BITS program.

Not sure if i would be able to get 600 in GMAT in next 15 days, but for sure my aim is to get into MBA not in MSc. I am on my four weeks notice at work which will be ending by the end of August! Deadline to pay fees and to provide evidence of GMAT is only two weeks left.

what shall I do, any idea?

thanks,

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...