State Of Women in IIMs

13 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
We have often heard & seen that placements in IIMs are biased in favour of women but the other side, the dark, ugly & silent side is not know by many. Women are harassed and the highly skewed gender ratio only aggravates the problem. Those studyin...
Page 1 of 2

I think this article has long since been discussed, debated and ripped apart. And I also know DG is not that vella to come every other hour on PG to defend his B-school on this thread.

This thread goes closed. Though not in the recycle bin, it will be open for junta to view it. Period.

With this I re-iterate the fact that we are in no way associated to the views and opinions expressed by the author. On the flip side, not associated to IIMs also to supress the voice of junta.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
I am pretty sure the intelligent posters here on the forum know that when a Bschool is targetted its because someone hates their guts

K

Excellent choice of words Kiran ...If you take a look at my groans , you will know how GIM was targetted , just because we had the guts to make our whole placement process transparent to the media ..

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pagalguycom-live-exclusive-the-anatomy-of-b-school-placements-behind-the-scenes-25019739

Intelligent people form their own opinions ...

regards

shailesh

p.s dg thanks for responding ..

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper

DG - you have surpassed yourself in beating the $hit out of this Singhania chap. I am rolling on the floor laughing at all your degrading comments on the OP. Choicest samplings being:

Must say 22 year old Bangladeshis are smarter than I thought

MSinghania for one clearly had a bad EU day at CAT 2006 due to a pathetic paper ( I agree ! ) So I guess i will pardon him for digging up old dirt and his 100+ groans for now and hope that the thread gets shut.

Let the known and proven facts speak for themselves and not some arbit loser in Bangladesh unhappy about his living standards and his CAT score... So well atleast for now I dont want to give MSinghania the thrills he seeks

"arbit loser in Bangaldesh unhappy about his living standards" - I couldn't have coined a more choiceful scorn than that. In the light of that, everything else seems extremely funny.

Arun

PS: Sorry I have nothing to contribute to the topic - but been a long time since I have seen DG at his vitriolic best
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com

@Plumber

A few thousand years ago we lived in caves yaar... Vaise anything is possible

You see all I can tell you... is what I see here... that is my batch and the previous. I see women here directing 3 act Plays that are World Class!!! I see them acting in them too and Im wondering hey are they gonna head to Bollywood or what And Yeah there are 2 girls in the top 5 ranks academically too

They sing, dance and do bakwaas in class just like the rest of us... Some of them sleep in class just like the rest of us too :wink: So well this sounds more like crap to me than some of you who are not here... which I do understand... And its your right to know the truth... As I said If you want to discuss the women in Bschools thingie then i suggest you guys start a more general thread and not this one which has been started to tarnish someone or something and well at the least is the handiwork of a seriously pis*ed Bangladeshi

take care and good luck,
K

DG,

I am glad that you responded. Quite a few of regular puys discussed this issue a bit on SB, immediately after the thread was started. Even I felt the claims were a bit exxagerated, however I think you can give the original poster benefit of doubt...there surely can't be smoke without fire...something must have happened at that time.

Most of us have never been to IIMs, so of-course we will have to rely on more people like you to give us an insight into matters, which do not always come out in open.

Must say 22 year old Bangladeshis are smarter than I thought And about indians Well... :wink:

I see that he has dug up some thing posted here 4 years ago... I cant comment on the writing there as in how true it is... The higher you go more the enemies you make...
See its damn easy to try and spoil the reputation of Bschools on pagalguy. Think about it...If you want to tarnish XYZ Bschool... All you really have to do is become a member and after a while write a nice fantasy about all kinds of wrong stuff that can ever happen... Think about it. Its damn easy.

I personally do not believe in the garbage written here because looking at how things are today this is absolutely impossible. Though anyone who lives in a campus style Bschool knows that there is plenty of "interesting stuff" :wink: going on... be it any IIM, MDI, GIM, IIT etc etc and which most of us know is what makes a campus cool. If sometimes people go overboard... It has got little to do with the culture or nature of a Bschool but because of the usual random rotten apples that can be anywhere...

MSinghania for one clearly had a bad EU day at CAT 2006 due to a pathetic paper ( I agree ! ) So I guess i will pardon him for digging up old dirt and his 100+ groans for now and hope that the thread gets shut. Personally, It does seem like coming from someone who is extremely hateful of the IIMs and specifically IIM Calcutta which is about to embark on a path that will make it have the best Bschool campus in Asia in the next five years. I am pretty sure the intelligent posters here on the forum know that when a Bschool is targetted its because someone hates their guts

From what I have seen here at IIMC in the last six months I could make some comments though... Atleast at the alumni reunion I saw almost all the women in the batch show up and having as much fun as the others. And well about the girls in this batch... They are almost having more fun than the guys and there are 46 of them here

And yeah The most successful Indian Woman ever is from IIM Calcutta. Cant help rubbing that in :wink: Let the known and proven facts speak for themselves and not some arbit loser in Bangladesh unhappy about his living standards and his CAT score... So well atleast for now I dont want to give MSinghania the thrills he seeks

I mean... unless you study in an IIM How can you talk about the state of women in IIMs Do we need to hear the state of women in the IIMs from a poster who almost seems to be mocking everyone and everything he sees on the forum exactly after he has had a bad CAT result?? And Im doing my best to be as unbiased as ever. If people think this needs to be discussed by people like MSinghania they are free to do so. I aint joining though :)

have fun,
K

I would like to see the response of dg, convoluted signal , libocta .. on this thread ..

regards

shailesh

touching write-up:neutral:

really feel bad reading this...

is such cases only in iim c ????

y dont ppl come fwd and take up the issue?

i really dont know what to say or how to say

But i feel bad
i didnt expect these things to happen in instis like these

there are ways to Chec ur intelectual capabilities thre tests like CAT XAT et all

But how are they gonna test the right charector of the individual
dont they people who select for these schools know that attitude is the most important part and arent they concerned about that ??

feel really really bad
had to do something about this