Starting preparation for CAT 2012 - NOW!

3 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hello all,Well, I am starting my preparations now. What is troubling me is the fact that I'm VERY late. I want to get it over with. Need a few more partners who are in the same boat as I.Together we could get really going.I want to discuss e...
Page 1 of 1

Hi Jerry,

I am starting the preparation now too! I don't know what the future holds for a guy like me who got 2 year backs in graduation(EEE) , but , I'm gonna try anyway. I am going to give the following exams

1) CAT

2) XAT
3) SNAP
4) CMAT(january one)

I guess people would consider me crazy that I'm even trying for a top B school with year backs . But, I would like to know from the seniors about my chances of making it.

I'll try to tell my story in the most concise manner possible. I started reading English at the age of 3 and Hindi at the tender age of 4! I have been an above average/good student till my plus two. I got 78% in 10th(ICSE 2003) and 70% in 12th(CBSE 2005). I was always interested in occult fields and have been reading voraciously all my sentient life. I love and adore Psychology, Fitness & Nutrition, Customs and rituals of strange lands have always fascinated me ( a la Discovery TLC :P) , Geography, Buddha, Scriptures, King James Bible , Koran and basically anything worthwhile of captivating my imagination. I am a trained classical singer from Calcutta University in Hindustani Vocal.

The only 'A' s that I have gotten in my college life are in 'Communication skills in English' and 'Industrial Seminar' , both of them without any extra effort. I am extremely good at C++ and other logical fields. I got a 'B' in my 'Problem solving using c++' subject, but a guy whom I used to coach for C++ got an 'A' in that. It was the lack of hard work that paved the way for a 'B' for me while my friend got 'A'.

But apart from these little trinkets , I have nothing else to show to my future interviewers. I have lost quite a lot of fat and am presently on the mission of getting to 10% Body Fat Level. I have researched almost everything there is about fat-loss, experimented on it myself, made an action plan for my friends and myself and have got immense success from it.

I want to know whether there is a possibility for me to get a top rung B school. I think I'll be happy if I get any institute above GIM in rankings. So, approximately top 10 to top 40 colleges is my aim.
I am from Manipal Institute of Technology and will be finishing the course in this November ( 2 and half years of extra time, I joined the inst. in 2006.) I am very scared because I don't know what I should say when they ask me about the yearbacks. I read somewhere that TAPMI gives preference to Manipal University lads.

If anyone who is reading this has got a similar experience, please share your views on this.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding the study material, presently, I am doing TIME 2010 material plus I'll be joining test series too when I go back home (i.e from August 2nd week onwards). I will have to come back to Manipal in November end to finish my backlogs.

Best wishes,
pratik sisodia a.k.a
SiSO
Live Long and Prosper! :) \ \\//
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To start with, I have the Quantum CAT Book and, of course, my friends have all the other books I need. I also got a huge resource of study materials (soft-copy) from someone.

Someone please tell me.

btw: I just finished watching the movie Memoirs Of A Geisha. Wonderful story.

RESPECT ALL, FEAR NONE.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello all,

Well, I am starting my preparations now. What is troubling me is the fact that I'm VERY late. I want to get it over with. Need a few more partners who are in the same boat as I.
Together we could get really going.
I want to discuss everything about what we can do now. Just start pouring in.

RESPECT ALL, FEAR NONE.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...