Spotlight Articles

495 Posts  ·  3,819 Users
About this group

This is the advertorial section on PaGaLGuY.

The articles haven't been written by the PaGaLGuY Editorial Team. It is intended from an informational perspective only and it is up to the readers to research and verify the claims and judgements in the article before reaching a conclusion.

Page 1 of 50

Be Career ready with the GRE® General Test

What is the GRE® General Test?

The GRE® General Test is the world's most widely accepted admissions test for graduate and business school. No matter what advanced degree a test taker is considering, he or she will have more opportunities for success with the GRE® General Test. In fact, in addition to the thousands of graduate schools around the world accepting GRE® scores for their master's and doctoral programs, more than 1,200 business schools worldwide also accept GRE® scores for admission to MBA, specialized master's and other graduate business programs. The test measures the skills that are important for success at the graduate level: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, critical thinking and analytical writing. Note: Effective July 5, 2016, the name "GRE® ® revised General Test: has changed to "GRE® ® General Test". Nothing else has changed - just the name.

What should test takers know about the GRE® General Test?

The GRE® General Test is the only admissions test that is accepted by graduate and business school programs worldwide, and it has a test-taker friendly design - and with the ScoreSelect® option, lets test takers decide which scores schools will see. Thousands of institutions worldwide accept GRE® scores for admission to their graduate programs. In addition, more than 1,200 business schools worldwide accept GRE® scores for admission to their MBA programs, including most top-ranked MBA programs according to The Financial Times, US News & World Report and Bloomberg Businessweek. The ScoreSelect® option lets GRE® test takers decide which scores to send to the institutions they designate - an option not available on any other graduate admissions test in the world. The test features a flexible, test-taker friendly design that gives test takers the freedom to use more of their own personal test-taking styles and strategies. They can preview questions, skip questions and go back, change their answers and more, all within a section. There's also an on-screen calculator for the Quantitative Reasoning sections. The test-taker friendly design and the ability to send the scores of their choice to thousands of graduate and business schools worldwide gives GRE® test takers a comprehensive edge.

Who takes the GRE® General Test? Is there any age limit?

Prospective graduate and business school applicants from around the world take the GRE® General Test. Applicants come from varying educational and cultural backgrounds, and the GRE® General Test provides graduate and business schools with a common measure for comparing candidates' qualifications. In other words, anyone interested in pursuing an advanced degree may take the GRE® General Test if they wish to do so. There is no age limit and scores are good for five years so even if test takers are unsure about their future plans, they can take the test now while they are still deciding what to do.

How long does the test take and how many questions are there?

The computer-delivered GRE® General Test takes about 3 hours and 45 minutes and consists of six separately timed sections:

. Verbal Reasoning - there are two 30-minute sections, each containing 20 questions.

. Quantitative Reasoning - there are two 35-minute sections, each containing 20 questions.

. Analytical Writing - there is one section with two separately timed tasks: one 30-minute "Analyse an Issue" task and one 30-minute "Analyse an Argument" task.

. An unidentified/unscored or research section. The unidentified/unscored section can appear at any point after the Analytical Writing section. The research section is always at the end of the test and is also unscored.

Which graduate and business schools accept GRE® scores?

A complete list of the thousands of graduate and business school programs around the world that accept GRE®  scores can be accessed at www.ets.org/GRE® /programs. One can also visit www.ets.org/GRE® /mba/programs to view the list of more than 1,200 business schools that accept GRE® scores for MBA admissions, including most of the world's leading MBA programs.

How much does the test cost?

The global test fee for the GRE® General Test is US$205. This is less expensive than other globally accepted admissions tests for graduate and business school.

When can I take the GRE® General Test? How often is the test held in India?

The GRE® General Test is offered as a computer-delivered test year-round by appointment in India. Availability is delivered on the location, date and time a prospective student selects, but more information is available through our registration system at www.ets.org/GRE® /register.

Is there a local GRE® ® Services customer service center in India?

Yes, The GRE® Customer Service Centre provides guidance and information for individuals preparing or planning to take the GRE® ® General Test or GRE® ® Subject Tests. Information about test preparation materials, test centers and dates, score reports and other test-related inquiries can be answered by call center staff. Individuals in India can reach the GRE® Customer Support Centre toll-free at 91-1244517127 or 000-800-100-4072 (toll free for test takers in India), Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. IST (except for local holidays) or email them directly at GRE® Support4India@ets.org.

Please visit our official website Takethegre.com for any further information

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A collaboration between universities and industries is critical for skills development (education and training), the generation, acquisition and adoption of knowledge (Innovation and Technology transfer), and the promotion of entrepreneurship (start-ups and spin-offs). The collaboration between industry and the academic world has always been an important but complex topic.

Due to the rapid evolution of the business environment and the vast transformations through the academic realm, the subject is now hotter than it has been. The main benefits of companies of this cooperation are the access to the latest research results and innovative new methodologies. It is a mutual approach- the companies offer business insights and the students contribute proven methodology and expertise. It is a win-win situation for both the university and industry.

At Amity University, Mumbai, we strongly believe in making our students industry ready. With so much of competition around, it is extremely important that the students are able to align their degree with the industry requirement. It is of utmost importance that the students equip themselves with skill sets that give a value-add to their qualification and hence make them competent in the workplace. At Amity University, Mumbai we are focusing on the Industry-Academia interaction to make our student's skill sets industry relevant. We constantly invite industry stalwarts to our campus for interacting with our students and share their experiences and industry knowledge with them. At the same time, we also organize industrial visits and educational tours, which help in molding the students, giving them a focus, and offer them a sneak peek into high-tech corporate corridors and practical lessons in managerial skills. To make students' industry ready, a 360-degree approach is required. We at Amity University, Mumbai look at it through an inclusive approach where we have made industrial training, internships as part of the curriculum.

Apart from this we also partner with corporate national events in various domains. We were the partners of FICCI Frames. Frames is a 3 day global convention covering the entire gamut of Media and Entertainment like Films, Broadcast, Digital Entertainment, Animation, Gaming, Visual Effects etc. The event witnesses the who's who of the Media and Entertainment industry and has delegates from India and abroad. The event was spread across 3 days with discussions happening to various topics pertaining to the media industry. 51 students from Amity University, Mumbai participated in the event. The students did a brilliant job of networking with the industry big wigs, getting them to the Amity Lounge and interviewing them. They had prepared industry specific speakers, relevant questions, which impressed the interviewees and they were happy to spend time for our students and share their experiences. Some of the interviews our students took prominent personalities include the likes of Mr. Siddhartha Roy Kapoor, Mr. Uday Shankar, Mr. Prahlad Kakkar, Mr. Ramesh Sippy, Mr. Subhash Ghai, Mr. Ketan Mehta, Mr. Bhaskar Das, and Ms. Meghna Gulzar etc.

Amity students also successfully executed the "Frame Your Idea" concept during the FICCI Frames 2016. It is a platform to connect ideas, story or script owners with the content producers, commissioners and studios. Frame your idea, has in attendance the top studios, broadcasters, producers who had their content teams looking for the next big idea they would want to grab, develop and put it out there for everyone to watch. We have also invited notable people from the film industry like Guneet Monga (CEO- Anurag Kashyap Films and Founder- Sikhya Entertainment) and Mr. Aditya Shastri (Head-B4U World) to our campus where they interacted with our students, shared their experience and journey, and guided aspiring students.

We also participate regularly in events like the IIMUN (Indian International Model United Nations) which is a tool that equips students to grasp the gremlins of the local, national and international ecosystem of which they will be the leaders in their own capacities. A forum receives a participation from schools, managements, academicians, parents and most importantly students from across the globe.

Amity University, Mumbai also participated in events like "The Edutainment Show" for 2 consecutive years. It is a one-stop platform for information, education, entertainment and more importantly media convergence. It had a pool of celebrities, who have accomplished the nuances of media, design and communication industry such as Subhash Ghai, Prahlad Kakkar, Roshan Abbas, Archana Kochhar, Dilip Chenoy and many other experts, who gave students a broadened outlook towards career possibilities in media, communication and design. It also had panel discussions covering a wide range of themes- from Fashion Designing to Product Designing, Filmmaking to Corporate Communication and Brand Communication to Radio Programming.

Apart from collaborating with national level events, we organize regular industry visits for our students and invite corporate honchos to our campus to interact with them. The idea is to make our students ready to face the industry, and equip them with the right mix of text book learning and first hand experience.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

GL BAJAJ INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & RESEARCHDIRECTORS INTERVIEW

1. How has been your journey in academic Industry?

This question is very close to my heart. Because I think being a teacher first of all is a privilege which not everyone has. It's like an honour bestowed on you by God directly, everyone can't become a teacher and if everyone becomes a teacher, they can't become an excellent deliverer. Therefore, we have the privilege of dealing with the future of the country, the students, and we get the opportunity to transform them, show them the direction of their life, of their career and that makes this profession  very close to my heart and I feel very much honoured being part of the education industry. If every teacher understands this point, no one can stop the student's progress, growth and development. Every teacher in its own way is contributing towards nation building by orienting the students into right direction, it is in the hands of the teacher that they motivate students to have big dreams in their life, aspire for big ambitions that ultimately contribute to the whole nation.

2. How many students enrol for course every year?

We enrol approximately 240 students each year.

3. What about the recent placement trends in GLBajaj Institute of Management & Research

It is a pleasure to share that since inception GLBIMR is keeping a track record of 100% Placements of PGDM Batches. This year various reputed companies visited the campus for placements from various sectors like FMCG, Retail, Banking & Finance, Hospitality service sector and many more and placement was achieved 6 months before the completion of the course

4. There are so many colleges in Greater Noida, How do you manage to stay ahead of them?

We would like and try our best to see GL Bajaj amongst the best institutes in North India in the coming 10 years after elite institutions like IIM, MDI, IMT Ghaziabad, FMS. We have kept these institutions as our benchmarks, so that we can extract best practices form these institutions and can implement them and do a better job. So we're already on the road of achieving excellence. For example -  we have already collaborated with the global faculty members for the current academic session in which faculty from France, Dr Alain Boge, is going to come to India from 5th September onwards, he'll be taking International Business, a 30 hours module for our students of first years. Similarly we have roped in Director of Morgan Franklin Consulting (Washington D.C. USA), Mr. Ashish Patel, who has been former VP of Bank of America, to take up the subject of Strategic Management, again in the month of September. They'll be taking full 30 hours module of the subject with us. We have given these two subjects to them because these two subjects are very crucial for the foundation of the students.

We have recently signed a MoU with Mersion under which the students will get an opportunity to study abroad during their summer break in universities like University of California, Imperial College, London etc. Also, we've tied up with faculty members from NITs, IITs, who will be taking up full 30 hours module of different subjects. Therefore, we're doing every possible thing to give our students best of the management knowledge from around the industry . These efforts keep us ahead of other Institutes.

5. What are the short term goals of GL Bajaj Institute of Management & Research? Have there been any challenges in fulfilling these goals?

GLBIMR, Greater Noida in its continuous endeavour to upgrade its benchmarks, as a short term goal we are keen on recruiting Faculty and Non-Teaching Staff in various positions from Pan India. We're trying to identify good people from the market, the experienced people who have proven track record in research, consultancy, conducting MDPs, and have their own flair which is research oriented. That is what is really required and our focus is surely on the faculty members who are giving very different sort of innovative pedagogy. In continuation with this we have recently added Dr. Kirti Dutta as Dean to G. L. Bajaj Family. She has an experience of twenty three years in industry and academia and has a proven record in research and has published text-books with Oxford University Press. Our constant focus is on building GLBIMR brand by upgrading infrastructural facilities. Improving infrastructure will subsequently contribute towards distinguishing GLBIMR as state of the art campus and we plan to add two new ultramodern auditoriums in coming years. 

6. Any message to B-school aspirants?

I will urge all B-School aspirants to always remember 3P's which I have strongly relied upon These are- Pride, Power of Dreams and Perseverance. To scale new heights in your career, you need to have pride in your roots, family, society and above all your country. Dreaming big is essential to grow and spread your wings higher. I have been fortunate that I got opportunity to listen to great statesman Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam thrice. In one of such occasions, I got opportunity to ask him the question, that how to motivate youngsters of today? To which, he replied - "Small Ambition is a Crime" and added that teachers of our country have the responsibility to make students to dream big. There is a huge power in dreaming big. Realize that!! And finally, third P, Perseverance must become a habit, as without persistent efforts nothing is achievable. We need to ignite that passion and refuel it again and again till all our dreams are not fulfilled.

The 2-year flagship program of GLBIMR, Greater Noida has been designed to enhance the overall learning of the students and cater to the requirements of the industry. The curriculum is revised each year; includes the participation of industry stakeholders, alumni, academicians and experts to bring the course curriculum closer to the industry needs and expectations.

�,JWM�I

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

WHY I JOINED BRIDGE?

Bridge's unique concept of blended program lured me to join the PGPM-BI course.

Unlike other programs, Bridge is providing one year post graduate program in management certification inclusive of 6 months of industry experience.  I did not want to spend two years studying for an MBA so I was looking for a one year program but having just one year of work experience it was difficult to get admitted to one year program as most of the one year executive programs require 2-5 years of work experience. But here at Bridge I was getting a one year management program wherein they have 6 months of face-to-face learning and then next 6 months would be an Internship in the area of specialization the student opts for.

Also, the faculty at Bridge are the academicians who themselves have worked in the industry for a long time and therefore apart from the conceptual knowledge there is a lot I can learn from their real life experiences which is a great plus point.

At Bridge I can combine my industry expertise with the fundamentals of management I acquire over the first 6 months and also the knowledge I gain over the next 6 months along with my internship. For me this is value for money.

And as it is said that, 'the monetary value of time, or opportunity cost, is more important than the time value of money.'

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

KIIT SOM Director says "Not surprising that 98% of my students get placed in organization of higher repute"

You earned all your degrees from India's most premier institutions. How do you connect them with KIIT SOM?  

I bring to the table - Experience, Culture and the Ethos of three of India's best schools of higher learning St. Stephen's College Delhi, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and IIM Ahmedabad. What this does to me with respect to KSOM, and trying to inculcate both in faculty and students some of the best practices that I have experienced and imbibed. For example, one of the cultural aspects of the Institution is happiness index, cheerful face, a sense of pride and ownership, are values close to my heart. I have made efforts and largely succeeded in cultivating the value to some extent. I am extremely proud of KSOM faculty and students who present a very confident culture, knowledgeable and cheerful face to the industry.

98% of students have been placed in reputed organizations. What are we doing right at KIIT SOM?

I really would not be able to point my finger on any one particular aspect. It is a combination of events and activities that result in such a happy outcome.

1) In order to illustrate we have an organized Corporate Relations team headed by a very Senior Executive. The offices are based in PAN India and interact with the corporate across the country very very intensively. The spirit leads to the outcome in terms of placement.

2) We conduct 5 events of national importance

· NHRDN

· HR Conclave

· Finance Conclave

· Marketing Conclave

· NMC

The format of the events necessitates invitee's includes extremely Senior Corporate Executives/ Owner Managers to address our students and faculties such relationships go a long way in desired outcomes.

3) We have an industry education interface organized which deals at a much more technical level and invites industry to exchange views and provide inputs to enable industry ready course curriculum.

All the above along with the facts that our Advisory Board and our Board of Studies comprise of some extremely senior professionals from corporate world and academia makes way for creating an environment wherein students get opportunity to develop and be ready to rub shoulder with the best.

It is therefore, not surprising that 98% of my students get placed in organization of higher repute.

From your rewarding corporate career, would you like to share any of your professional experience which can help motivates the aspirants?

Out of 30 years working for several organizations, 10 was spent in the corner room.

There were obviously challenges of several kinds but let me share with you. Things that have helped me develop myself in terms of understanding social political ethos and developing myself into a much effective leader.

At a particular occasion without mentioning any names let me tell you as the Head of organization, I encountered 20000 people dissatisfied for wants of seeking their requests.

Much against the advice of my subordinates I walked into the mob all alone, heard their grievances, talked to them in plain words, assured them that we resolve their issues and I stood my ground against an almost violent mob.

What did this tell me? This event made me discover my inner strength. I learnt that most people want to be heard and when the top man is available for hearing they are satisfied.

This also teaches me that I must empower my views that they make me redundant. One can grow in an organization; only when one creates replacements for oneself.

What new initiatives will you be leading in the near future?

At KSOM, KIIT we shall now be focusing upon areas and corporate world in a big way.

i) Management Development Program (MDP) :- We shall develop more rigorous more focused MDP (full form) involving the faculties, students and the industry to enhance the quality of teaching, the motivation of faculties and students and to create a healthy ground for even more strong corporate relationships.

ii) We will create much stronger research orientation at the faculty level which will trigger down to the few mentors therefore participation in generation of new knowledge.

iii) I wish to also formulize something that we started that is Corporate Mentorship. What this entails is involving senior personnel from corporate world to mentor 10-15 students each.

We found this to be highly successful by way of students actually adopting these faculties "Corporate Mentors" as their guides' outsides the campus.

Do you have any advice for prospective students applying for KIIT SOM PGDM Programs?

Some young students make the mistake of choosing schools with a view of getting placements. They consider the placement of the institution as the only criteria for selection.

My advice is if you are looking for an average and above average placement please do not come to KSOM. You should treat placement or rather good placement as the consequential outcome of your learning.

You are most welcome for the selection from KSOM, if you are willing to play hard, learn and develop yourself into an individual capable of lifelong employability.

- Prof. (Dr.) Anil Bajpai, Director

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This is worth reading..motivational as well as good for English comprehension..:) ....... .... Two targets with a bow........ Dailogue Between Ego and Spirit - Ignited Minds I recently re-read Dr. Kalam's "Ignited Minds" - every page is so full of inspiration, experience...must read for every Indian especially youth. Dr. Kalam ends the book with an excellent story summarizing his thoughts. The story is titled "Dailogue between Ego and Spirit" and here it goes:                         EPILOGUE “I was thinking what can summarize the book aptly…I recall reading a story on internet about a conversation between two babies…Ego and Spirit…while in womb. Spirit says to Ego, ‘I know you are going to find this hard to accept, but I believe there is life after birth.’ Ego responds, ‘Don’t be foolish. Look around you. This is all there is. Why must you always be thinking about something beyond this reality? Accept your lot in life.’ Spirit quietens down for a while, but not for long. ‘Ego, now don’t get angry, but I also believe that there is a Mother. A Mother! Ego laughs. How can you say that? You’ve never seen a Mother, you don’t know what Mother is.Why can’t you accept that this is all there is? You are here alone with me. This is your reality. ‘Ego’, Spirit begs, please listen.What about those constant pressures we both feel, those movements that make us so uncomfortable sometimes, the feeling that we are being squeezed in as we grow? I think we shall soon have a new life, that we shall see light.’ Spirit tries not to bother Ego again but cannot resist one last try. ‘Ego,’ she says, ‘I will not bother you again. But I do believe that after all this discomfort not only shall we see light but also experience the bliss of meeting Mother. Ego’s reply is ofcourse, that Spirit is truly mad. What I want to tell the people of my country through this book is that they must never be content with that which has been presented to them……" - Dr. Kalam.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

IFMR Holds Convocation 2016

180 PGDM (Full-Time) Students, 24 students of the Working Executives Programme and 3 PhD scholars were awarded the graduation certificates.

The Vision of Institute for Financial Management and Research (IFMR)  is to prepare young minds and experienced managers to become competent and socially responsible leaders of corporations and other institutions. In this endeavour, one more batch of students successfully completed their courses and IFMR held its Convocation function on 24th April 2016 at its state-of-the-art SriCity campus, located 55km from Chennai.  The event started with the lighting of lamp by the Chief Guest Dr. Arvind Subramanian, Chief Economic Adviser, Government of India, Padma Bhushan Narayanan Vaghul, Chairman, Board of Governors, IFMR, President Mr C V Krishnan and Prof P K Biswas, Director, IFMR.

Padma Bhushan Narayanan Vaghul, Chairman, Board of Governors, IFMR, declared the Convocation Open and congratulated all the graduating students and their proud parents and wished them all the best.

Prof. C. V. Krishnan, President, IFMR, delivered the welcome address, followed by the presentation of Institute's report by Dr P K Biswas, Director, IFMR. Prof Biswas highlighted the events and activities by the students and also various achievements by the institute which includes another year of 100% placements with increase in the average salary and the award from ASSOCHAM for being the best business school in CSR.  The Director also announced the launch of new specializations in Data Sciences and BFSI (Banking-Financial Services-Insurance) which are meticulously developed by IFMR with extensive inputs from the Industry. With the strong need for trained management professionals in Business Analytics, IFMR's Data Sciences specialization shall address this requirement with rigorous training of students on all the latest concepts, technology and industry practices.

The graduation pledge was taken after the inaugural address and the Chief Guest presented the Certificates to the graduating students. 180 PGDM Students, 24 students of the Working Executives Programme and 3 PhD scholars were awarded the graduation certificates.

The Chief Guest also honoured the meritorious students with the following medals:

• A SIVASAILAM MEDAL for Meritorious performance - Ms Saisree Divya Nynaru of PGDM 2014-16
  • C M KOTHARI MEDAL for Meritorious performance  -  Mr Sujith Devadas of PGDM 2013-16
  • A M M ARUNACHALAM MEDAL for Meritorious Performance - Mr Abhinav Arasu of PGDM 2013-16
  • Mr. Koushal V N of 2013-2016 won the medal for his meritorious performance  in PGDM 2013-16
  • Ms. Saranya R won the medal for her meritorious performance in PGDM  2013-16

H T PAREKH MEDAL for Best Outgoing Student was given to Ms Swetha Raghu of PGDM 2014-16 for her all round performance in academics and co-curricular achievements.

Mr. Puspendu Datta, Vice President- Sales, DSP BlackRock Investment managers Pvt. Ltd. was honoured with the Distinguished Alumnus award.

The most awaited Convocation address was delivered by the Chief Guest Dr. Arvind Subramanian, Chief Economic Adviser, Government of India. He congratulated all the graduating students and gave valuable advice on the road ahead. He congratulated the passing out batch and majorly spoke about the status of Indian Economy and one important life lesson for the graduates.

He appreciated the good research, teaching and training undertaken by IFMR and also made a remark that only few campuses like IFMR have the great opportunity of locating themselves amidst industry like in Sricity.

He advised the students to stay away from the gloomy news and negativity and suggested that despite challenges, this is going to be the golden age for developing countries like India, where many economic indicators are very promising. Compared to his graduation days, he claimed that the opportunities now are wider and the future is going to be brighter, prosperous, dynamic and full of opportunities.

He noted that while geographies like China, Brazil, Middle East, Japan and Europe are coping with economic difficulties, India is going ahead as a bright spot where inflation is going down and the fiscal situation is under control and lot of green shoots of recovery is visible. He also commended the Government on the ease of doing business.  He commented that if we can continue the good work, 8 to 10% growth is within the grasp.

Dr Arvind Subramanian also gave an important life lesson to the graduates on facing failure. Though he is perceived as a very successful person today, he commented that he has crossed many failures like not getting into IAS, rejection of academic papers etc. and he suggested the students not to get bogged down by failures and treat both success and failures equally and quoted Rudyard Kipling and Gita

He advised the students not to forget the contributions of friends, parents and others in their growth and concluded the speech with his best wishes for the students.

After the Vote of Thanks by Dr Lakshmi Kumar, Chairperson, PGDM Programme, Mr Vaghul, Chairman, Board of Governors, IFMR, declared the Convocation closed. The event ended with the National Anthem.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

AACSB Accreditation for IMT Ghaziabad

IMT Ghaziabad proudly announces its accreditation by the most prominent business school quality certification body of the world; the Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). With this accreditation, IMT Ghaziabad has joined the elite group of global business schools having AACSB Accreditation earned by less than 5% of world's business programs. IMT Ghaziabad has now become a part of an elite group of 755 business schools in 51 countries to receive this internationally recognised accreditation.

Established in 1916 in the US, AACSB is the longest serving global association advancing management education worldwide. AACSB has granted accreditation to all the business programs offered by IMT Ghaziabad which include two-year PGDM (Full-time), two-year PGDM (Dual Country Program), 15 month full-time PGDM (Executive) and three-year PGDM (Part-time). This makes IMT Ghaziabad the third institution in India to gain AACSB accreditation for the two-year full-time PGDM program.  IMT Ghaziabad is now the only B-school in India accredited by AACSB and reputed Indian accrediting agencies and having an international campus.

This accreditation will benefits the students of IMT Ghaziabad by providing them the flexibility by way of transfer of credits for studying in institutes of global repute. It will also give them the opportunity to seek careers in international corporations.

The accreditation will prepare the base for IMT faculty to take their intellectual contribution to the global audience in a more meaningful manner.  It will sharpen the focus on relevance and impact of practice oriented research at IMT Ghaziabad. It will also help IMT Ghaziabad to attract international faculty of repute to its fold.

The accreditation will facilitate IMT Ghaziabad to partner with international top rated institutes particularly in the area of executive education to bring in global best practices into the system.

Quotation by Dr Atish Chattopadhyay, Director IMT Ghaziabad

"AACSB Accreditation will help IMT in expanding its global footprints by connecting IMT with the global markets for admissions, placements, faculty recruitment and partnerships. It will also open new vistas for faculty and students of IMT to demonstrate their relevance and impact on business and society in the global context."   

Quotation by Surinder Batra, Dean Academics IMT Ghaziabad

"IMT Ghaziabad has always stood for the values of diversity, creativity, collaboration and excellence. These values coupled with collegiality have driven IMT Ghaziabad to achieve this coveted accreditation from AACSB. This will provide opportunities for collaborations at a larger scale to bring in innovations with a focus on execution."   

Quotation by Prof. Rashmi Aggarwal, Program Chairperson-PGDM, IMT Ghaziabad

"This important accreditation mirrors the achievements of IMT Ghaziabad in attracting world class faculty to the school. IMT Ghaziabad is synonymous with highest quality faculty, relevant curriculum and career opportunities. The AACSB accreditation shows that IMT's strategic development is sustainable and appropriately resourced. IMT now stands in line with some of the world's most renowned business schools including Harvard Business School, INSEAD France and London Business School."

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

GL Bajaj Institute of Management and Research(GLBIMR),Greater Noida , since its inception in 2007,has created a benchmark of delivering quality management education through its commitment to promote entrepreneurial spirits and pedagogical innovations to create future leaders.GLBIMR offers post graduate diploma in Management (Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (Ministry of Human Resource Development and Government of India) with dual specialization and emphasis on creativity enhancement and experimentation.

GLBIMR over the years aims to facilitate and promote research in emerging area of higher education with focus on new frontiers of technology, management studies and also to achieve excellence in the related fields.

The Institute offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), a two year full time dual specialization in areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Information Technology and International Business. Over the past 10 years, GLBIMR Greater Noida has been providing magnificent contribution in Higher Education and achieving various milestones.

We feel proud o share that GLBIMR Greater Noida is ranked as one of the Top Leading Institutes for Management in India by Competition Success Review B-School Survey March 2016. The institute has been recognized for its Academic Excellence, Industry and Global Exposure, with best Infrastructural facilities.

GL Bajaj Institute of Management and Research (GLBIMR) is a part of GL Bajaj Group of Institutions, comprising of 9 campuses, including Medical College, Dental College and two Engineering Colleges, incorporated in 1996 and imbibes its knowledge and experience base. This Institute embodies the value system of the Group and inculcates a learning process through competition, collaboration and cooperation.

GLBIMR identifies the potential leaders and nurtures them through an integrated and multi-pronged approach to emerge as a globally competent professional. The Institute brings together the entire stake -holders in its journey of institution building and delivers a product which not only lives up to their expectations but also is sustainable.

In an ever-changing environment, the students are groomed to face altogether new challenges and handle them effectively. Our students define their own roles in consultation with their academic & industry mentors and tread paths which are unique. Every pass out of this institute is conscious of the resources it has drawn from the family, collaborators and the society at large and strives to return the same through ethical means.

The multi pronged approach in pedagogy, the faculty, the development process, the systems and procedures together with the enabling environment at GLBIMR ensures transformation of the aptitude of the recruit into a commitment of a professional.

"GLBIMR identifies the potential and nurtures them through an integrated and multi-pronged approach to emerge as a sought after professional."

Dr. Urvashi Makkar Director General

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How the PGPB from MISB Bocconi Offers an Inside Edge in Today's Competitive Job Market

http://www.misbbocconi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/misb-blog-misb-job-market-medium.jpg

MISB Bocconi may have a brief past, although it has a vibrant present and a bright future. If you're considering whether the PGPB can help you reach your professional goals, let's take a closer look at what MISB Bocconi has to offer.

A Premier Name

The Bocconi name is known all over the world for its leading business and management programs. As the only offshore presence of Italy's prominent Universita Bocconi, MISB Bocconi offers its students access to all of the benefits of a top b-school education. There's no denying that the Bocconi name holds weight with today's employers; as part of this legacy, MISB students reap the inherent benefits.

A Network of Business Leaders

Our small, tight-knit classes mean grads walk away with personal and professional connections which will last a lifetime. But these connections aren't limited to fellow classmates. MISB Bocconi's distinguished faculty members are available, accessible and eager to interact with students. Community-based projects and internships further enrich the connections made on and off campus. The result? Premier networking opportunities.

In an era where the world is smaller than before due to the breakdown of conventional geographical borders, these associations can be leveraged into an inside edge on the job market. Factor in our premier Mumbai location, and the opportunities grow even more profound.

A Truly International Education

While all b-schools are compelled to tout their credentials as international environments, MISB Bocconi truly delivers on this promise. Not only are we home to a diverse community of students and faculty members, but students also participate in international exchange - both through our popular Milan semester as well as optional summer campus exchange programs.

The result? Graduates enter the workforce with the truly international perspective sought after by companies looking for traction within India's booming economy as well as on the world stage.

Through all of this, we remain committed to ensuring that all students have access to the knowledge and training they need to maximize their job searches. Our Career Development Services offer extensive assistance with everything from resume writing to mock interviews to personal orientation labs aimed at helping students develop useful insights into their own unique strengths and aptitudes.

Together, these resources ensure that each MISB Bocconi student is optimally positioned for peak success.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...