Splash ur IIMA queries out here

382 Posts  ·  130 Users
About this group
Congrats to all the guys n gals who have made it so far. ATB fr ur next round. We here at A wud try to address various queries u hv regarding A. So feel free to Post ur queries here
Page 1 of 39
Hi there...i am a third year engineering student (IT branch) from Sardar Patel Engg college, mumbai. My acads are:
10th: 89.8%...........12th::93.2%......engg aggregate till 4th sem: 67.3
as far as xtra carriculars are concerned i have learnt classical singing and won some competitions and have also actively participated in college events...
i m mentioning acads n all after seeing all the previous posts....so here are my queries..
(1) is my engg aggregegate enough?:neutral:
(2)i will be giving CAT next year and so wanted to know that in case i get call from IIM A or ne other IIM ...how shud i prepare myself for interviews and GD...ne tips that u would like to give for that. Is it true that only IITians and NIT students (engineering) make it into IIMs?? plz help me out on this...

Profootball is right your acad scores are more than good enough! So, start preparing for cat 2007!! PS: plz don use so lous a font in the future dude... it kinda stings in the eye!! cheers!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi there...i am a third year engineering student (IT branch) from Sardar Patel Engg college, mumbai. My acads are:
as far as xtra carriculars are concerned i have learnt classical singing and won some competitions and have also actively participated in college events...
i m mentioning acads n all after seeing all the previous posts....so here are my queries..
(2)i will be giving CAT next year and so wanted to know that in case i get call from IIM A or ne other IIM ...how shud i prepare myself for interviews and GD...ne tips that u would like to give for that. Is it true that only IITians and NIT students (engineering) make it into IIMs?? plz help me out on this...

dost .. ur acad scores are more than enough ...
conc on prep for CAT first .. 😃 .. 2007 ... y worrying from now ?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

me working with infosys..since the last 6 mnts did b.tech in biochemical engg.have applied to iima abmwill my software assosiation hinder my admit chances in an abm course

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

cud some body tell me ab8 the ABM course at IIM A.like wats the avg placements and wat are main recruiters 2 the campus,wat is the main criteria..and wat cud b expected cut off.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey buddy,
Well i am a student a student at IMI,Delhi..
Cud u tell me about
Anveshan,as i look forward to participation in it ..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey people,
i am a bsc agricuture graduate.wanted to know how to crack agri buss program at symbiosis,cut offs,work ex,etc
desperate for ur help
roshni sharma
NO Email IDs please

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
pratset Says
can someone tell about some of the electives in systems in the 2nd year which r diff from other IIMS. These would help me tell about the "which IIM" question in the interview.

dude, dont worry bout this que for the IIMA PI..e'body knows why people wud prefer IIMA over other IIMs...u dont hv to name the electives..and,moreover,v can tell u the electives being offered here but how can v tell if the other IIMs offer them or not??

normally, IIMA guys dont ask this que...in case they do, simply tell them about the world-class faculty, highly competitive environ, highly competent peer group and all tht stuff...

hope that answers ur que..

ATB for the GD/PI..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can someone tell about some of the electives in systems in the 2nd year which r diff from other IIMS. These would help me tell about the "which IIM" question in the interview.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi, i am siddhartha sinha, doing B. tech(chemical engg.) from B.I.E.T,JHANSI(U.P), a Govt. Engg. College, i am above avg in acads, but the single biggest thing i fear in getting admission to any premier B-school is that i have a 2 year academic break, which i took after 12th exam(I.S.C 87%) to prepare for IIT JEE.

i dont know what my answer should be in case i am asked about this gap? will this prove to be too heavy a burden while i am appearing for GDPI

siddhartha sinha

No this wont be a hurdle, there are many guys who hv dropped a year after XII including urs truly. So do not fret over that. If some question is asked, then just state the facts and remain confident abt the same
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...