SPJIMR PGDM 2014-16 Group Interview Experience Thread

216 Posts  ·  604 Users
About this group
Kindly share your Group Interview experiences here.This thread caters to the experiences faced by applicants during Group Interviews 1 and 2 of SPJIMR Admissions Process for PGDM 2014-2016.The general process is as follows1) Registration2)...
Page 1 of 22

Hello 

I've read on SP jain's website that PGDM is a residential course, does a student lives in Mumbai also have to live in the hostel, even if he/she lives in the same city???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

So, people write why SPJIMR, I am here with why not SPJIMR. Being a student myself having been in the system this is what I feel.

First, it gives you a specialized MBA. Does one aim only to become the finance manager of a company? Cant one aim to dream bigger and eye for CEO posts.

Second, people talk about Abhudaya and Hastantaran and Sitaras. FRANKLY, BULLSHIT. People dont know what time is wasted in travelling to those places plus issues of safety that girls have faced. Additionally, it does not end there, you need to come and prepare briefs about it every week. Can bullshitting be better defined.

Thirdly, say what one may, its not an old IIM. It compares no where with the likes of ABCLKI. You dont get the respect in the industry from people who have heard of IIMs as the good colleges of the country. Would advise people not to choose SPJIMR over I and K.

Next, internships? Autumn internships when the best ones are doing summers. There is a reason why people do summers and not autumn internships. Well, getting the specialization subjects won't help one make projects better than those made by the ones in ABCs. So what can be done is get the summers instead of the autumns so that we get to learn what people who left SPJIMR and are at better MBA colleges doing.

Lastly, Girls!!! One reason you would like to go there. SPJIMR has one of the hottest girls. Well but would you like to go there seriously? Because if placements is what you are looking forward for, forget it. Girls with short skirts are going to bag the placements. The shorter the skirt gets, the higher the probability of getting placed first.

And btw, attend the SPJIMR interview for sure if you have a 99.5%+ile. Rejection in the first round means, you would be accepted at the likes of A B and Cs. Reason? SPJIMR figures out that these candidates are good enough and hence selecting them would only lead to a greater movement in the wait list. The more the wait list moves, the reputation goes down. Makes sense? 

FAULADI FAUJ FAULADI, FAUJ FAULADI, FAUJ FAULDI FAUJ...!

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
UDT'14 || CAT'14 97.08 || CAT'15 99.22 || http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2014-mock-score-repository-25116679/28555964
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi i got a call for the interview in finance specialization.. so wat all should i study for it?? n how my work ex can affect the same?

Any help will be appreciated 😃

P.S : Rite now i have been working with CDOT Delhi as a Software Developer. 

1 comment
aks23492
@aks23492  ·  0 karma

They basically ask you current affairs on finance. So you could refer to "The Economist" and the "The business standard".

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi...can anyone help for IM related questions? what all to prepare for IM field ?

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Furian
@Furian  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
dk1712
@dk1712  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can anyone please share their GI experience for a profile based finance call? Any insight will be appreciated! :) 

2 comments
knd7491
@knd7491  ·  0 karma

For marketing too..plz

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
akankm
@akankm  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can anyone please share some resources(books etc) to prepare for finance related questions?

CAT 2014: 90.68,XAT 2015:97.83, CAT 2015:98.19 XAT 2016:98 Converted: XLRI HRM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I just had a query and I hope you would be able to best address it.

Last year, while attending the Interview Process at SPJain for Finance Specialization, I was asked a particularly question to which i have not been able to find a convincing answer.It goes like, If there is a candidate with CA/CFA and the one with B Tech with

PGDM Finance (2015-17)
2 comments
knd7491
@knd7491  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
guy_X
@guy_X  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Everybody, I know this is an irrelevant post, but posting out of curiosity. Can anyone please throw light on the number of profile-based calls SPJIMR sends per specialization?  Also, the conversion ratio, if possible. Thanks in advance!

Brightest hour of the day starts after the darkest hour of the dawn ~!~!~
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
SisirVS
@SisirVS  ·  0 karma

?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Manoranjan_Dash
@Manoranjan_Dash  ·  0 karma

around 2400 -- total no. of calls.

means 600 per stream .

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys!
Engineering fresher here..
CAT-78....
XAT-91
NMAT-99.66(Converted Core)
X-91XII-85Grad-84
Only SPJIMR Profile based call other than NMIMS
I have a dilemma here as to whether I should join NM or try for another year.Really confused,CAT was a bummer,really expected more.And being an engineering fresher I was thinking that if I do try for one more year should I really take up a job or just slog it out for the next few months till CAT.Now this a real dilemma as the college is going to start soon and I am perplexed as to what I am supposed to do.Any advice would be welcome,and yeah I would appreciate if anyone doesn't try to misguide me.Any anecdotes from your life would be welcome.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing that you'll make one.
2 comments
sai200
@sai200  ·  0 karma

You have decent acads, my personal suggestion would be to go for CAT 14.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
itachikun
@itachikun  ·  0 karma

decent acads? Thats gold bro..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...