spjimr 2007-2009 query's

1,224 Posts  ·  335 Users
About this group
hey all, i had applied for spjimr 2007-09, two year pgdbm... i am having so-so acadz with 1.5 yr exp. do i have a chance ? wat shld be the minimum CAT cut-off for this course? extra information is welcome.... guys plz help ...
Page 1 of 123
Hi SP Team,

Is it true that ppl who reached last round in 07 but did not qualify are given less pref?
and for ops how much exp is preferred???

Hi,

You have posted your query on last years SP Jain Thread ....

Try your hand here ...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2008-spjimr-call-getters-profile-group-interview-related-discussions-25027354

Please do not bump into Old Threads ...

Request mods to close this one ...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi SP Team,

Is it true that ppl who reached last round in 07 but did not qualify are given less pref?
and for ops how much exp is preferred???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@all,

Quite a long time since I last posted on the forum. Agree, I am late, the 2nd round is over. But in any case, I would not have been able to answer most of the question that you have raised here.

Reason: 2 Yr MBA students are out of the process. We handled the first round of interview, and from the posts of students, we assume that we handled it pretty well. :-)

Now the 2nd round of interview was handled by 1Yr students and PGDSM-MIT students.

We had our compre (exams for full 1 year subjects) and after that I was out of city for few days. Returned just before the admissions started on 22nd. Din't get any time to check mails or posts on paagalguy. Was called up directly to help the 1 Yr and MIT guys during the 2nd round of interview.

Apologies from our side, as I realized, it was not as smooth as 1st round.

Generally, most of you are asking questions about when the results will be declared. We have mentioned end of March. Although, I myself am not very sure about this date, requesting you guys to wait. It is likely that the results will be declared during 1st week of April. Unable to give any specific date. Will let you all know in due course of time.

Most of my batchmates are now out of Mumbai on DOCC projects. But you guys can post your queries. We will try our best to help you guys.

Seems enough for the day.

Regards
Mayank
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
looking at all ur questions regarding second round of intervws, remember last year (our intrvws) we had both the rounds of intrvws on the same day, but this year it is diffrnt, the second intrvws wud be spec. specific ... so if are going in for marketing intrvw do know atleast what marketing is and why marketing why not finance..

u will have to do a bit of homework people...

all the best...

and for any further querry's just post...

When are the results expected?!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

looking at all ur questions regarding second round of intervws, remember last year (our intrvws) we had both the rounds of intrvws on the same day, but this year it is diffrnt, the second intrvws wud be spec. specific ... so if are going in for marketing intrvw do know atleast what marketing is and why marketing why not finance..

u will have to do a bit of homework people...

all the best...

and for any further querry's just post...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Santosh Pandey Says
All the puys who have given the GI, please share your experince

Yeah hardly anyone seems to be active on the SP thread. Only one person has posted his GI experience on the forum so far (not on this thread though).
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I have lost my interest to prepare for acads.....one of the reasons being: lots and lots to cover just in basics itself.....
even if I open the book to study, just on thinking the amount of work to be done, I give up and start watching Mandira Bedi and the WC stuff....
So, waiting for some first hand experience from fellow puys to see what can be done....

Haha I don't think watching mandira n WC is gonna help ur cause (atleast when it comes to SP GI..lol).
Jokes apart, I think reading your acads now is a little late in d day. So just pray the interviewers don't feel like asking u about ur acads. Atleast dont lead them to it by using too much jargon and singing about ur past academic record.
I think in the current situation, that's the best one can do.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

All the puys who have given the GI, please share your experince

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
f_sane Says
Oh God...jst no clue what I will do...I hardly rem any electrical stuff..hve 3+ exp....how do u suggest I prepare for it

Me also in the same dilemma dude.....that too after the acad thrashing I received at NITIE last week, I have lost my interest to prepare for acads.....one of the reasons being: lots and lots to cover just in basics itself.....like motors (AC/DC/types), generators (AC/DC/types), transformers(1ph/3ph), diodes, transistors, thyristors, MOSFET, JFET (not JMET he he), flip-flops, gates (and, not, or, xand, xor etc), op-amps, filters, transmission and distribution...on and on and on.....
even if I open the book to study, just on thinking the amount of work to be done, I give up and start watching Mandira Bedi and the WC stuff....
So, waiting for some first hand experience from fellow puys to see what can be done....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
kay007 Says
hi can anybody let me know the number of seats for operations...i can see only 11 guys in the students profile of batch 2008..is it that low?? 120 to 11 seems to be a tough one...

no of seats are 20.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...