SP Jain (Singapore/Dubai) GMBA - Nov/Dec 2009 Intake

505 Posts  ·  145 Users
About this group
Hi All!!! The Nov/Dec-2009 intake applications for GMBA at SPJCM has started. This thread would discuss all the queries/issues/experience/finance, everything one needs to know relevant to college. There are lot many deferred candidates...
Page 1 of 51

Hi All,

If any one of you are having sample paper for SP jain aptitude test please email it to me sagi_33046@yahoo.co.in.

Thanks in Advance.

Nitin

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Friends,

I'm new to this thread. Like most of you, even i am an aspirant for SPJCM GMBA. I have a few concerns regarding the admission to the program and also on job opportunities after completion. My biggest concern is regarding my work profile, which has't been on a smooth path.

My Profile:
10th: 85%
12th 82%
B.E(Mech): 73%
EC's: Decent
GMAT: 660
Work Ex: July 2005 - Jan 2007:Family Business(Retail)
Feb 2007 - Mar 2009: IT(Cognizant)
April 2009 - till Date: Family Business(Retail)

The problem is i had to resign my IT job and join my family business due to personal reasons. Now tht things have settled down for me, i wish to pursue an MBA, a long time dream, and get back to a corporate job.
I'm planning to apply for the Nov 2010 intake.

Having explained my profile, i would like to know,
1. Whether such a broken work ex profile of mine would interest the adcom. 2. Do companies recruit students who have had family business experience rather than corporate experience. Where there any students in the past who had business xperience and then found a job post GMBA?
3. SPJCM GMBA has 2 intakes: April and November. I'v heard tht students of the April batch get better placements than the ones in Nov. How far is this true??

I would truly appreciate if any Past/Present student of SPJCM could clarify my doubts. Thnx in advance!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
I have been offered admission for April 2010 intake for Finance. I am from IT background with 2+ years experience. Since I am going for a 100% education loan (close to 20 lacs). I would like to know what are the placement options one gets for my job profile. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arpitha

Hi Arpitha

To which spec did you get the offer and are you taking it? I got an admit into IBWM
But do join our google groups you may get your answers there...
All the best.

cheers
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Please see below text
1. The course fees on it's web site is 35,290 USD / 1,28,840 AED. What additional costs should one bear besides these?
- Sing - Around 600 SGD
Dubai - around 1200 AED apart from Air travel tickets.

this is for non smoker, non drinker. check my prev posts. I explained in detail. Pg 22 i think>>
2. What are the Indian, International salaries both Average and Median. I am looking for Finance Or IT as my specialization.
So if the salaries for them could be stated please. The Avg is stated, but no median.. Can some one give a break up Geography wise please?
>
For people who want to return to India after the program, is the program a good option? I have read that the in-hand salaries are not good for returnees. What are your views on this?
>
4. What is the degree exactly offered? Is that Internationally recognized?
- we got accredited by USW, Australia. Hence, in 2-3 yrs max, we will have Aus degree 😃 but we and mosty Apr 10 batch may not get that degree.>>
5. What roles are offered for the above specializations both in Dubai and Outside Dubai?
>
Please take some time to answer these... Many Thanks :-)
>
Cheers! >

find my comments inline boss
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi Arpitha,

Welcome....and congrats for your selection...pls join this group...

spjcm-gmba-april2010@googlegroups.com

introduce yourself here...and ask as many queries as u want...

we already have very enthusiastic batch here at bangalore....they will help u up with everything.

rgds
sandeep

why dont u guys get all your doubts clarified at one place. have a unified forum wherein every1 gets benifitted. I have nothin to lose...i am taking extra pain to help you ppl out... I am gonna pass out this apr... but then i wanna give a clear picture about spjcm to all and I know how poerful tool PG is and how much it helped me, hence jus reciprocating... :-).

Anyways, your call...good luck 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
I have been offered admission for April 2010 intake for Finance. I am from IT background with 2+ years experience. Since I am going for a 100% education loan (close to 20 lacs). I would like to know what are the placement options one gets for my job profile. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arpitha

dicey... there is no comparison with the # of companies that are coming this yr versus next year... so as far as our coll is concerned, economic outlook is a major factor for the quality & quantity of companies coming for placements.

Last yr, it was pinnacle of recession, so dnt even ask about FIN placements, Nov 08 batch (which passed on nov 09), as u might know were not that great either... but apr 09 we got decent placements. I cannot reveal the companies name but i can tell you one thing which i have mentioned in my prev posts (check page 22 or somewhere around it....) - dont expect a huge Jump in salary. SPJCM will not work wonders to your salary. However, there are many instances where people are satisfied with their salary but its purely personal judgement as to how good is good to you, how decent profile is decent to you...

my 2 cents,
it will be very diff for you to save a dime for atleast 1-2 yrs.. u can live life king size.. but cant expct to save a dime.. If u are expecting to save some money with deccent living after paying the emi... -- depends on your capability to get the right job 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi Arpitha,

Welcome....and congrats for your selection...pls join this group...

spjcm-gmba-april2010@googlegroups.com

introduce yourself here...and ask as many queries as u want...

we already have very enthusiastic batch here at bangalore....they will help u up with everything.

rgds
sandeep

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Arpitha! Though I am not the right one to be answering this, I am writing this because I know someone who changed his field just like you and passed out from SPJCM in 2008.
First, he was earning 4 L before and later got an offer for 12 L (difference here is that placement scenario at that time was better).
Second, I think a lot depends upon how you tackle the interview and other selection procedures of the company who has come to recruit you on campus.
FYI, I too have an offer for ACFBM for april 2010, and no doubt I am going to take it up...And yes, you have mentioned loan in ur message. can you help me regarding the same? can u plz tell the details of where and how you secured it? thanks.....

Please see below text
1) see, there isnt a specific placement for SMM as such. If the job role is tooo specific, then the companies themselves mention about the streams. but remember no other college has streams and companies go to every other college. Hence usually any1 can apply.
Just another info - any job posting is sent across both the campuses. so even after doing smm/pmm/retail or watever, u wanna work with fin companies, u have an option, regardless to say u obvs need to meet companies criteria, need to convince them the choice of ur stream and why u are shifting to another stream blah blah.

to answer your qn,see my prev post about placements.

2)whether ur prev job experience will be considered will depend purely on the job role which u are applying. its a big plus to have IT background for IT buss developemnt roles. however what backgroun, what industry etc etc need to be considered.

Hope it helped.

Hi Obsessed and Amit

I was researching the GMBA program and have a few queries to clear. Can you guys answer these please...

1. The course fees on it's web site is 35,290 USD / 1,28,840 AED. What additional costs should one bear besides these?
2. What are the Indian, International salaries both Average and Median. I am looking for Finance Or IT as my specialization.
So if the salaries for them could be stated please. The Avg is stated, but no median.. Can some one give a break up Geography wise please?

For people who want to return to India after the program, is the program a good option? I have read that the in-hand salaries are not good for returnees. What are your views on this?

4. What is the degree exactly offered? Is that Internationally recognized?

5. What roles are offered for the above specializations both in Dubai and Outside Dubai?

Please take some time to answer these... Many Thanks :-)

Cheers!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Arpitha! Though I am not the right one to be answering this, I am writing this because I know someone who changed his field just like you and passed out from SPJCM in 2008.
First, he was earning 4 L before and later got an offer for 12 L (difference here is that placement scenario at that time was better).
Second, I think a lot depends upon how you tackle the interview and other selection procedures of the company who has come to recruit you on campus.
FYI, I too have an offer for ACFBM for april 2010, and no doubt I am going to take it up...And yes, you have mentioned loan in ur message. can you help me regarding the same? can u plz tell the details of where and how you secured it? thanks.....

By the by did the person get a job in india for that sal ? if not where?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am yet to decide where I am going to take the loan..The point is I want to be 100% sure of it before I start off...So taking time for doing some research...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...