SP Jain (Singapore/Dubai) GMBA - April/May 2009 Intake

1,428 Posts  ·  256 Users
About this group
Hello All!!! The April/May 09 intake applications of SPJCM about to start in a weeks time. This thread would discuss all the unique and silly and serious issues/doubts/clarifications, calls, GD/GI/PI experiences, admits, financing, etc r...
Page 1 of 143

Hi All,

If any one of you are having sample paper for SP jain aptitude test please email it to me sagi_33046@yahoo.co.in.

Thanks in Advance.

Nitin

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,
If one has to make a choice between SPJCM GMBA(HR mgmt) and Welingkar Mumbai HR course. Which one to choose?

Please reply with your inputs.

Thanks,
Pooja

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi there...

Is there any forum that discusses about the students who've opted for the April'10 batch? Now that the dates are almost around the corner, getting a few tips on how to get started and what to prepare for before the course commences would be a great help. Any inputs on this would be highly appreciated and we could also do a raincheck before setting out for the course... Hope to get some replies and feedbacks on this...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Friends,

I'm new to this thread. Like most of you, even i am an aspirant for SPJCM GMBA. I have a few concerns regarding the admission to the program and also on job opportunities after completion. My biggest concern is regarding my work profile, which has't been on a smooth path.

My Profile:
10th: 85%
12th 82%
B.E(Mech): 73%
EC's: Decent
GMAT: 660
Work Ex: July 2005 - Jan 2007:Family Business(Retail)
Feb 2007 - Mar 2009: IT(Cognizant)
April 2009 - till Date: Family Business(Retail)

The problem is i had to resign my IT job and join my family business due to personal reasons. Now tht things have settled down for me, i wish to pursue an MBA, a long time dream, and get back to a corporate job.
I'm planning to apply for the Nov 2010 intake.

Having explained my profile, i would like to know,
1. Whether such a broken work ex profile of mine would interest the adcom. 2. Do companies recruit students who have had family business experience rather than corporate experience. Where there any students in the past who had business xperience and then found a job post GMBA?
3. SPJCM GMBA has 2 intakes: April and November. I'v heard tht students of the April batch get better placements than the ones in Nov. How far is this true??

I would truly appreciate if any Past/Present student of SPJCM could clarify my doubts. Thnx in advance!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I am know i am a little late....but could you please tell me CAT scores of how many past years are valid for the GMBA programme...april intake....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

No Arpitha, I am not... I am also an applicant to other colleges for Fall 2010 intake... I have a couple of friends who have passed out of SPJain last November and thats where I got this info from....

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey Arpitha...

The job scenario in Asia is improving and thats where most of you guys will be placed.. SPJain is a decent brand name in India and around, so getting a job shouldnt be a problem. Moreover, since its an Indian b-school, I believe a lot of stress is on the career service reps to get students a job, as opposed to the foreign b schools, where its a students responsibility.

So all in all, the scene looks promising and you should be able to land a decent enough job post MBA...

Did you apply to any other colleges too... ?

Cheers
Nikhil

thanks for the info....your an ex student is it? I havent applied anywhere else...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,
I have been offered admission for April 2010 intake for Finance. I am from IT background with 2+ years experience. Since I am going for a 100% education loan (close to 20 lacs). I would like to know what are the placement options one gets for my job profile. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arpitha

Hey Arpitha...

The job scenario in Asia is improving and thats where most of you guys will be placed.. SPJain is a decent brand name in India and around, so getting a job shouldnt be a problem. Moreover, since its an Indian b-school, I believe a lot of stress is on the career service reps to get students a job, as opposed to the foreign b schools, where its a students responsibility.

So all in all, the scene looks promising and you should be able to land a decent enough job post MBA...

Did you apply to any other colleges too... ?

Cheers
Nikhil
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I have been offered admission for April 2010 intake for Finance. I am from IT background with 2+ years experience. Since I am going for a 100% education loan (close to 20 lacs). I would like to know what are the placement options one gets for my job profile. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Arpitha

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...